Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
Recovery speed for ATX Curious what do you set yours at
Posted by: saltwater jim
Date: August 04, 2016 10:44PM
I always thought a fast speed recovery was best to run a pulse very smooth so ive been running mine at fast speed even though the manuel says run without a recovery setting. Helps me here faint whispers im really amazed at the depth this atx gets, still hate pinpointing thoyugh but getting better So what recovery speed are you using and why jimmy

Re: Recovery speed for ATX Curious what do you set yours at
Posted by: Booty Hunter
Date: August 05, 2016 12:36PM
How do you change recovery speed?

Date: August 05, 2016 08:15PM
You hit the shift button then set it at slow medium or fast maybe im calling it the wrong thing but im pretty sure its recovery speed jim

Date: August 05, 2016 09:41PM
Just checked the manual. You are referring to what they call ground tracking. I always have mine turned off. Manual says only to use if you have to constantly re-ground balance, otherwise you loose depth. I never have to ground balance more than once or twice while in the saltwater. I guess it depends on your local conditions. I run in some really hot minerals but do fine with it off. I only use my ATX at the beach and in the water if that helps.

Date: August 05, 2016 10:17PM
I was thinking maybe im wrong that that is the same as recovery speed which ive always used fast on othger pi s

Date: August 06, 2016 12:32AM
I think that it is some kind of automatic ground balance feature.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login