Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
How long does the Batteries last?
Posted by: RNB
Date: August 14, 2016 10:46AM
I'm thinking about designing a Dual Charger to go with our At Power Pro Lithium Rechargeable Batt Packs for the ATX Machine...... Any input?

I heard they burn through Batteries?

Joe.. RNB INNOVATIONS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 10:51AM by RNB.

Re: How long does the Batteries last?
Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: August 16, 2016 06:12AM
Sounds great to me. I have been saving to buy three packs; one for my ATPro and two for the ATX.
I have not seen any update from John Edmonton on how long his ATPro is lasting...
I charge my ATPro's NiMH cells when the bars get to one after a hunt.
I charge my ATX's NiMH cells after 11 or 12 hours of use. I still have about 45-50 minutes of
detecting when the ATX gives me the yellow light for a low battery warning.

How long are the packs lasting in the ATPros?

Posted by: Booty Hunter
Date: August 16, 2016 05:22PM
Wow, I recharge my energizers after about 3-4 hrs. I've had mine quit after 20 minutes after yellow.

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: August 17, 2016 05:05AM
Booty Hunter:
It just might be time to replace them OR you may just have one bad cell.
If you do not have a cell tester such as the Maha Power Ex C9000 goes for about $55.00
or the BT-C700 V2.2 Battery Charger Analyzer Tester for about $25 (I have this one) you may want to invest in one.

These units can:
o Charge:
o Discharge:
o Discharge Refresh:
o Charge Test:
o Quick Test:
o Calculate the cell's capacity (XXXX mAh of the cell)
With either of these you can charge and analyze each cell, 4 at a time and then choose a balanced set by comparing to the actual capacity to the printed rating on the cell. This may take a couple of days as the cells are cycled between full charge and full discharge 12 times. They will accept AAA, AA, C, D cells of either NiCad or NiMH. C and D acceptance require optional adapters.

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: August 20, 2016 08:45PM
I get about 9 hours good useable time before the yellow light comes on. A lot of times it is defendant on the temperature.

Posted by: Booty Hunter
Date: September 02, 2016 02:58PM
My cells are all the same, but may need replaced. After charging, my batteries only get up to 1.37 volts. What are your favorite brand of rechargables? right now I have energizer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login