Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: atx cable poor
Posted by: shelton7522
Date: February 22, 2017 09:49AM
The replace coil under warranty... for new one.

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: March 03, 2017 11:43AM
As for the difference between the ATX and the CTX is the area inside the shafts that can pinch the cable,
The CTX from the photo above and my poor memory there is only one thin tube that has a possibility to pinch the cable where as
the ATX has three thicker tubes to damage the cable.
My action when collapsing the shaft is to STOP as soon as I feel resistance. Also a full turn of the shaft in the control housing mount will loosen or tighten the coil which may have an affect on the way the shaft will collapse.
Of course a thorough fresh water rinse is a must especially after a salt water hunt to keep things gliding smoothly.

Date: March 03, 2017 11:54AM
Cracking is not pinching behavior. This is poor cable sleeve quality and reaction with fiberglass chemistry.

Posted by: dmnz
Date: March 03, 2017 02:08PM
agreed Shelton7522!

Posted by: ginos
Date: March 21, 2017 04:01AM
As I imagined. Five months after replacing the plate of the inner cable was again dissolved. The ATX is allergic to sea water.
When garrett take a stand and say that they did biodegradable plates?

Date: March 21, 2017 05:10AM
Automatic recycle mode ON. Maybe for few years everything will be organic... and you can eat your housing...

Posted by: ginos
Date: March 21, 2017 07:46AM
They are sold ATX. I was contacted today by the person to whom I have sold and he realized that the cable was dissolved after the flat had been changed. Still has nine months of active garrett guarantee change. Personally I ATX with a thousand problems I faced I wont even if given

Posted by: denny
Date: March 21, 2017 11:28AM
Has anybody recently bought a ATX and knows that the machine was made recently and is having this issue still? I hope the tread dies out I'm tired of all the negitive that the ATX is getting . Why doesn't anybody post anymore.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: March 21, 2017 12:26PM
New customers,ME, are scared off by the cable problem--Garrett is selling so much stuff I guess their attitude is STFU !!

Posted by: undersc0re
Date: November 06, 2017 04:27PM
Does the atx still have cable problems with the newer style coils now? Probably too early to say, just wondering if they improved the design to prevent dry rot and or cable damage inside the rod.

Date: November 15, 2017 09:26AM
THE REASON WHY I have not bought the ATX---a known problem from a company who doesn't care what you think.

Date: November 15, 2017 09:28AM
Cable and weight. Two issues. I have two ATX and don't love them anymore.

Posted by: undersc0re
Date: November 15, 2017 03:46PM
doc holiday232
THE REASON WHY I have not bought the ATX---a known problem from a company who doesn't care what you think.

I have owned other garrett products and they seem to be pretty good, some seemed to be lightweight cheaply made, but then took a beating and impressed me. I have not tried the ATX yet, I have purchased the new basic pkg 11x13, hopefully I do not have to post those nasty kind of pictures later....I will not be hunting in saltwater at all though. There must be replacement coil wire out there of better quality that we could splice in if that is an option....I was thinking of waiting for a new pi to come out from garrett, but I could be waiting years.....lol. i am sure that now that my purchase is made they will announce a new pi detector this spring!

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: November 15, 2017 06:05PM
Have had my ATX since Nov.2013, never had any problem with the 12x10"DD coil dipping the nose as was reported by many in the first years ...... there was/is a very simple fix to that problem!

I've got 6 coils for the ATX, had 7 but gave one away to a friend, none of these coils have trouble with the coil wire ..... again there is a simple what to do "fix" that help reduce the risk of cable damage.

Since I've had my ATX since 2013 when it first became available I do not consider the ATX as being NEW, my guess is that if something should happen that require repair Garrett would not not regard this ATX as new either!

Date: November 16, 2017 09:13AM
I'm not bashing everything garrett--my favorite all time detector is a 1976 Garrett Deep Seeker with which i found over 100 cannon projectiles,from 6lb balls to 100 lb Parrot shells--I'm saying that the wide spread complaints about dissolving cable wiring is VALID and has NOT been fixed--SO I will NOT be buying Garrett until it's fixed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login