Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
ATX New coil
Posted by: Limalot
Date: March 21, 2017 10:46PM
Waiting for the Mono coil to arrive, should be tomorrow. I hope it has better depth than the DD which is very good. Yet to get onto some yellow, plenty of bullets, shells and wire.Will be a couple of weeks before I can get to test it out. Living the dream in NE Victoria, Australia.

Re: ATX New coil
Posted by: Ozleif
Date: March 22, 2017 01:09AM
Good to hear hope it work out for you in Vic. ......Ordered the " Garrett 11x13" Mono Closed Search Coil (ATX)" more than 5 weeks ago, never got it so gave up on that deal.

Date: March 22, 2017 11:21PM
Are there any special settings for the new Mono coil as compared to the old DD coil??

Date: March 23, 2017 08:03PM
Had the Mono out today on an area I have been over with the dd, It did pick up a feint signal which I dug and did not find anything. signal was there 3 lights and after 20 min dig - check - dig; it just dissapeared, Coil does seem to false slightly on Max Sens, not as bad as the DD. Picked up a .22 lead and a .223 steel casing badly rusted in another area, casing screemed and seemed to radiate into the degrading granite rock, over a 2 ft area ; thought I may be on a reef. Both were on the surface. Yellow light started blinking just as I got the shell signal but still worked very well in the 10 min to find the shell.
I think the Mono is giving stronger signals than the DD, time will tell; now have to get to an area with yellow in it.

Posted by: Moseskhumalo
Date: July 24, 2017 10:20PM
Hi there,
Thanks to hear that, i wish you may tell us more. I need to upgrade to one of the two oils, but i don't know which is better the dd or mono. I am targeting small gold, 0.1g or smaller on highly mineralized soils, i am trying to avoid getting sdc 2300, please help if there is hope there, has been using atx since 2013,should i buy the coil, or get sdc

MOSES

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login