Findmall.com

Fossil Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Any Central Illinois Rockhounds On This Forum? Gem, Mineral, And Fossil Show Coming Up
Posted by: flinthunter
Date: August 15, 2014 11:05AM
The 51st annual Peoria Academy of Science Gem, Mineral, And Fossil Show is coming up on Saturday August 23 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday August 24 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.

The show is being held at the Grand Hotel; 4400 N. Brandywine Drive, Peoria, Illinois.

Admission is free. Lots of fun things for the whole family to see and do.

Re: Any Central Illinois Rockhounds On This Forum? Gem, Mineral, And Fossil Show Coming Up
Posted by: tvanwho
Date: June 16, 2016 04:47PM
I live in Aurora,Illinois. Always wondered about finding fossils, crystals, arrowheads and gold in Illinois? We did find some gold in a creek west of Peoria a few years back.
Where do I find others who are into this stuff? We did get some geodes down by Hamilton, Illinois on the Mississippi river over memorial day weekend.

-Tom V.

Re: Any Central Illinois Rockhounds On This Forum? Gem, Mineral, And Fossil Show Coming Up
Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: June 19, 2016 05:37PM
Tom, I'm nowhere near you, but to meet likeminded folks I'd suggest going to shows like this one, finding a local/regional rockhound/gem club or asking around the geo dept at a local college. Also search for stores that supply rockhounding gear- they'll know the local layout for sure. Lastly, search the net for likeminded folks. Theres a ton of rockhound forums- my fav is McRocks. Seems like I see folks regularly post there from Ill/Ind.

eta: heres a good place to start for shows near you: http://www.rockngem.com/ShowDatesFiles/ShowDatesDisplayAll.php?ShowState=IL

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 05:40PM by Champ Ferguson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login