Findmall.com

Fossil Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Helicoprion circular shark teeth!
Posted by: OCDfinder
Date: May 18, 2015 07:10PM
I found broken in half on a construction site. Bigger piece is about ~4-1/2" and the smaller piece ~3-1/2". My expert identification is teeth, expertise pending on correct identification. Identification this IS from a shark that lived off the coast of GONDWANA! or not...

Re: Helicoprion circular shark teeth!
Posted by: Explorer
Date: May 30, 2015 03:30PM
Not knowing what part of the country and age of the rock you recovered it from. Rock looks like limestone and the fossil looks more like a shell fragment of a Cretaceous Ammonite to me.
Curious to hear what you find out.

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." and "Keep digging till you drop!"

Detectors.... V3i 6-2013, DFX 12-2005, Spectrum XLT (2015-for loaner) and Spectrum Eagle 6-1992 (retired).

Posted by: KinTN
Date: May 30, 2015 07:54PM
Agree with ammonite fragment.

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: OCDfinder
Date: June 04, 2015 07:03PM
Thanks to Explorer I realize I am not a Helicorpion Shark expert and...I found a piece of Ammonite! I googled "Cretaceous Ammonite" + Texas. The images show some identical matches, thinking this Ammonite is around 90 millions years old - THANKS for the identification Explorer!

Posted by: Explorer
Date: June 09, 2015 10:21AM
Glad to be of help.
Roger

"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living." and "Keep digging till you drop!"

Detectors.... V3i 6-2013, DFX 12-2005, Spectrum XLT (2015-for loaner) and Spectrum Eagle 6-1992 (retired).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login