Findmall.com

Rock & Mineral Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Native Copper Sample
Posted by: Coin Rescue Inc
Date: January 18, 2015 04:42PM
Well since it is winter I take time to clean my specimens from last year.
Here is a chunk of pure copper I found using my F75 in Laurium Michigan.
I found it buried next to the curb on a residential street. Copper is quite common everywhere but usually smaller chunks.

Re: Native Copper Sample
Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: January 18, 2015 06:01PM
Gotta like that...really nice specimen!
Jim

Posted by: Roscue2
Date: January 23, 2015 07:05PM
Very nice specimen indeed. I love the look of copper... weather golden or green. :)

Posted by: KinTN
Date: January 24, 2015 08:40AM
That's a very nice find CRI.

I had a chance to do some rockhounding a few years back in the UP and I LOVED it up there. I had never found any native copper before hitting the spoil piles up there. If you all don't know it, theres an unbelievable mineral museum in Houghton at Michigan Tech Univ. The Seeman Mineral Museum is well worth your time. When my wife and I were there (both of us are retired geologists), we were astounded by the variety and quality of the samples (not just mich minerals, but from everywhere) and made comments to that effect to the lady at the gift counter. She promptly grabbed us and took us to the curator/professor and we got a personal guided tour of the place (I think he was down in the dumps and she knew our enthusiasm/appreciation would cheer him up). The museum has since moved to a new larger building and I am told it is better than ever. Cant wait to get up there again.

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2015 08:42AM by KinTN.

Posted by: KentK
Date: April 09, 2016 04:10PM
That is a great looking specimen. I have found several pieces of copper while in the UP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login