Findmall.com

“Nokta & Makro Detectors Users Forum’’

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: CoRe & Mars "Sniper" coil
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: August 27, 2017 10:12PM
So wait, I JUST got the 5 x 9.5 coil and now your telling me I NEED the 7" concentric too :shrug:

If the 7" can really negate that rusty ghost town flat tin, that would be slick at the desert ghost towns. Probably get 7" max depth on a silver dime?

I'd say the majority of the detecting finds I've made, and seen made in the desert were mostly in the 6-7" range, although I've dug and seen dug far deeper.

Posted by: OregonGregg
Date: August 28, 2017 12:31PM
LOL one can never have enough coils....so yep get the checkbook out :smile: But on a serious note, goes to show one man's sites can be a lot different than another. Of all the coins/tokens I have found, it's rare if I hit 7" to retrieve them. In these old sites up here and the sites I have hit in NV the coins have been surface to 3-4" My biggest battle is separation, fighting all the iron and rusted tin etc to find the coin(s) Depth really has not been a big concern for me. Unless the way over abundance of iron and tin is removed I am not going to get great depth, but that is the spots that are literally a carpet of that crap.

When I hunt the fringe areas, less trashy areas, then I use the 5.5 x 10, new 5x 9.5" or sharpshooter coil. So I have my depth covered there and either one of those coils will give me great separation in a somewhat trashy area.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites MXT & M6

Date: August 29, 2017 09:52AM
My Quote "LOL ok Monte I'll accept your challenge. May the best coil win"

Well, I am going to have to give this one to Monte. I did receive the FC24 9.5 x 5" Nokta coil for the Fors CoRe. It is definitely a performer. I used it yesterday afternoon at a site that I usually use my Racer 2 with snake coil. So I slowly worked the site with that coil and was very happy with its performance. I had my disc on the CoRe set at 10, so I could hear about everything. Even with the "rapid machine gun fire" sound of the low iron tone in all the nails etc, it had no problem locking on to non-ferrous targets. A few of those non-ferrous targets turned out to be keepers. The coil is solidly built coils ears almost in the right spot :smile: ( I like them in the center) This coil will prob see a lot of use on the Fors CoRe.

As far as the M@rs 10x6" coil......at this point I have no idea where it is at and if it will even get here. I did try the one Del got. I did do a quick NBT and it also easily passed it. Of the two I do like the bit smaller dimensions of the Nokta Coil. Here are a few of the finds and a pic of the coil.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites MXT & M6

Posted by: dfmike
Date: August 29, 2017 04:22PM
Thanks for the FC24 write-up OregonGregg. I was debating between the Mars Sniper and the FC24. I too would prefer smaller than bigger and the Sniper is getting pretty close to the stock 7 X 11. Does the FC24 ID the same as the stock DD coil on the CoRe on common targets ?

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: August 29, 2017 04:40PM
Mike, I did encounter a few coins while detecting, a few modern nickels and copper pennies plus the merc dime. They all seemed to pop in at the proper vdi...the nickels did range from 54-56. The pennies were 83-85 and the dime at 85. They all came in where they should plus or minus a VDI number.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites MXT & M6

Date: August 29, 2017 06:13PM
Thanks for the info. One FC24 coming in from the UK. I hope it won't take too long.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: August 29, 2017 07:59PM
They shipped mine standard shipping and it took a week. The 10 x 6 Mars coil was shipped economy and its been 3 weeks and haven't seen it yet. I think you will like that coil. When you do get it and a chance to use it, let us know what you think.

Makro Racer & Racer 2
Nokta Fors CoRe
Whites MXT & M6

Date: August 30, 2017 06:01PM
The Mars Tiger I have for the F19 was shipped economy to Canada from the UK and it took about 3 weeks so yours should be in any day now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login