Findmall.com

Nokta Detectors

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Nokta 5" coil
Posted by: Pedlar mills
Date: December 20, 2017 06:49PM
Can anyone say the name of the dealer in turkey?

Anyone using the 9.5 X 5 coil any testing done Monte
Posted by: Low-Boy/LCPM
Date: December 24, 2017 12:48PM
Just wondering between the 7" the 5" and the above mentioned how they compare?

LowBoy {IMPACT, RACER, DEUS}

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvc8PTSRYKKi4hdGpSonlA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2017 12:48PM by Low-Boy/LCPM.

I have been, and it is one-of-my-top-three.
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 24, 2017 06:32PM
Low-Boy/LCPM
Just wondering between the 7" the 5" and the above mentioned how they compare?
There is no 'perfect detector' nor a 'perfect coil' because there are so many different search site applications and challenges for us to deal with. I hold out hope my stolen detectors will be found and recovered, but until then I also bought a replacement Impact, Relic and CoRe for those that were missing from my detector battery. The Impact and search coil assortment has been the biggest challenge for me to try and pick a favorite coil when you asked "how do they compare?"

With my FORS CoRe it was easy. The small 'OOR' DD coil for working in and around the nastiest, densest trash I frequently encounter made it the one-and-only small-coil pick. In the mid-sized coil category, for more open areas with a low to modest amount of trash, it was the 5½X10 DD, but I honestly didn't use it all that often, and now prefer the looks, the weight, the feel and balance (in other words I like it) of the newer 5X9½ open-frame Double-D coil. Therefore, my two CoRe devices are ready to grab-and-go with an 'OOR' outfitted to one of them, and the 5X9½ open-frame on the other. In my accessory coil tote I have the standard 7X11 DD and 13X15 DD attached to lower rods so they can be mounted for 'special applications.'

My FORS Relic was a little trickier to establish a coil choice because it came with the 5" and 7X11 DD coils standard. Easy to 'compare' those two as one's for trashy sites and the other isn't. But I also had the 5½X10 Double-D as well as the 5½X10 Concentric coils. Same physical size, but different internal layout and noticeably different in-the-field performance based upon the sites I was hunting. I hunt places that have a rather 'busy' accumulation of junk to deal with, and my #1 use Relic unit sports the small 5" DD for trashier sites. My 2nd Relic is now equipped with the newer 5X9½ DD which, like with the CoRe offerings, I happen to prefer the appearance and feel of this coil and enjoy how it performs afield, making it my pick for most low-to-moderately littered and more open sites for a mid-sized coil.

The standard 7X11 DD and 5½X10 Concentric coils, each on their own lower rod, are near the top of the extra coils in my tote because that Concentric adds a little different 'dimension' to the Relic's in-the-field performance abilities. Once I get another rod-set powder-coated to match my custom appearance for the Relic and CoRe series, I'll likely mount up my 'revised prototype' Relic and the Concentric coil to also have it at-the-ready. Both the CoRe and Relic ought-to-have (in my personal opinion and agreed upon by many folks I hear from) the round-shaped 7" Concentric coil made for them as well. It might make coil selection for them more thought provoking, but in the end I am sure most would be quite pleased with that coil option in their arsenal ... or better still attached to their detector!

Not a lot of 'comparing' necessary with the CoRe and just a little with the Relic, but this brings us to the top-of-the-line Nokta Impact. This one is tougher and in some ways, for some folks, can be quite challenging to try and decide on a single coil to 'fit' a particular category, those being a 'Smaller-Size' coil, a 'Mid-Size' coil, and a 'Standard-Size' coil to fit different site conditions and challenges. For me, I ended up breaking it down more seasonally between what is my main Relic Hunting time of the year when I work dense iron debris in ghost towns, homesteads, old encampment sites, etc.; or the season when I am more confined to Urban Coin Hunting at the typical parks, schools, parking strips, private yards, and so forth.

You asked about 'comparing the 5X9½ DD with the 7" Concentric and 5" DD' coils', but you left one out of the mix. You forgot about the smaller elliptical coil, the 4X7½ DD. Impact coil picks can get confusing, too, especially based on how someone might consider the off-sized elliptical coils. For example, the Impact Pro Pack comes with the standard 7X11 DD and small 4X7½ DD. Is that more of a 4" coil, or more like a 7½" coil, some might winder? To some the 4" width might seem like it would make it as good as a round 5" DD for very trashy sites, but it doesn't. They might also think the 7½" length would provide them a lot of extra coverage, andin the long run, compared with the round 5" DD, it does, but not a lot.

Then consider the new round 7" Concentric coil. Do the 7" Concentric an the 4X7½ DD coils come out about equal in 'coverage' and 'separation' and general 'performance?' Wellllll ... no, they don't. A similar size front to rear, but different EMF shapes and designs and different functionality. And since the 7": and 7½" size is considered, are those 'smaller-size' search coils, or are they more of a 'mid-size coil?' That's part of the individual's perspective based upon the type of site and trash conditions they might deal with, and especially if a lot of ferrous trash is in the mix. I know some people who think an elliptical coil with a 5" or 5½" or 6" width is still, a 'smaller=size' coil, even if the elliptical's length is 8", 9", 9½" or 10" .... but I don't.

Here is how I considered the available coils for the Impact in my arsenal. For the ugliest, most challenging dense iron trash sites, the round 5" DD is THE coil to have and use. For me, after using a very tough challenge after the Impact was in my hands, and all the coils available for it failed to perform well, including the 4X7½ DD, Nokta sent me a 5" DD to evaluate. It improved the performance immensely, bringing it up on-par with the Relic with its 5" DD coil and close to the CoRe w/'OOR' DD, so I keep the 5" DD mounted during my Relic Hunting 'season' for nasty sites.

For me, it was the better of the two smallest overall sized coils to use. Now, to the 'mid-sized' search coils for the Impact, and there I have both of them, one mounted full-time and the other for other times I want to use it. The new open-frame 5X9½ DD has worked great for me in open areas with a limited amount of trash and it's also on a spare lower rod for quick-change afield, and it is the coil I like to have mounted to a 2nd Impact, especially during Coin Hunting season, to replace the 5" DD I prefer for Relic Hunting season.

But the round 7" Concentric coil happens to be just about ideal for me as a full-time, permanently-mounted coil on my #1 use Impact, for both Coin Hunting and Relic Hunting applications. And because it is a Concentric design, I get much more tell-tale visual and audio Target ID in places with a lot of iron discards, or especially small shards of rusty tin. It is an excellent mid-size coil that still provides functional depth of detection while doing well when it comes to handling debris-filled sites. And it 'classifies' rusty tin, steel washers and most similar ferrous trash better than a DD design, assigning it a lower and more working numeric VDI reference than the high 'dime' or 'quarter' read-outs we get all too frequently with a DD of any configuration or size.

So, we all are going to have our favorite types or sizes of coils, thus we'll 'compare' them differently, but these are my personal 'comparisons' of them. The round 7" Concentric is just about the idea size, shape and type (Concentric) that I want mounted most often for most sites I hunt. Then either the round 5" DD will be working in really dense iron when Relic Hunting, or the 5X9½ DD for more open area, lower-targets sites for Coin Hunting as well as Relic Hunting.

Sorry this is a long rambling reply, but what did you expect from me? :bouncy: In a way it is difficult to describe how and why I 'compare' these coils unless it is to someone who has had the opportunity to use them all in a variety of sites. Of course if someone had, they could answer their own question. :)

Have a Great Christmas and Holiday Season and may spring arrive early for all of us.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detector Team are from:
Makro Racer 2; Nokta Impact, Relic and CoRe; Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido II microMAX, Silver Sabre microMAX and Mojave; White's MX-7 and XLT
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: I have been, and it is one-of-my-top-three.
Date: December 24, 2017 06:47PM
Great response as always. I have the 7" and should have taken it to this site yesterday but instead used the 9.5 X 5 and had a hard time in iron with it. Of course now I want the 5 and the seven to take on hunts but can't find the 5 for sale anywhere. So I will keep an eye for it and hope that is comes out for sale this winter when I do most of my hunting. Great info thanks again...

Back to you, Low-Boy
Date: December 25, 2017 01:39AM
Just finished shoveling snow this evening, preparing for s freshly whitened Christmas Day, and figured I take on a few Forum posts and e-mails before I set some cookies and milk out for Santa and grab a winter's nap. A dark, still night with a light falling snow, and in the peace and quiet I can only think of one thing right now ... :detecting: As for Christmas Day we are only 122 days away from the start of our 7th WTHO and I am more than eager to get up to the mining era ghost towns we plan to search, and I'm comforted knowing that every detector in my Regular-Use 'Team' is ready, and very capable, to take on the rusty tin and other debris that challenges us there.

Plus we have folks come from several states for these WTHO's and it's always interesting to see what detector and coils they are using, listen to their comments and questions, and get to see all the results from our efforts. Several travel up from California for our open to anyone Outings, and there are three base locations for three WTHO's this year, here in Eastern Oregon then two in Nevada. Warm thoughts for a cold winter's night.

Low-Boy/LCPM
I have the 7" and should have taken it to this site yesterday but instead used the 9.5 X 5 and had a hard time in iron with it.
Nothing wrong with the 5X9½ DD and I enjoy using it in lower level trashy sites, and like to work that coil in sites with iron nails as a main junk-target challenge when using the Di-2/Two-Tone search mode and a comfortably slow and methodical sweep to cover the area.

When there is a bigger mix of trash, including nails, other iron and non-iron junk, and rusty tin, :ranting: then I'll be working the 7" Concentric, or the 5" DD if it is really ugly with dense debris, and using the Di-3/Three-Tone mode that has been serving me well in such sites or three years now on all my Nokta devices. I sure wish the 7" Concentric coil was made for the CoRe and Relic units, but for now I only get to enjoy it on the Impact.

Low-Boy/LCPM
Of course now I want the 5 and the seven to take on hunts but can't find the 5 for sale anywhere. So I will keep an eye for it and hope that is comes out for sale this winter when I do most of my hunting. Great info thanks again...
The 5" DD was a terrific coil for hunting in some very bad iron infested ghost towns with the Impact, easily out-performing the 4X7½ DD that came with the Impact Pro Pack. That's a very good coil for a lot of urban Coin Hunting and such, but in a really tough challenge I did last March for Oregon Gregg, it paled in comparison with other coils on the Racer and Racer 2, Relic and CoRe. Dilek saw the posted results and contacted me about it, and as I explained, it was not the Impact's design behavior, but the coil size and shape. Quickly they designed the 5" DD and that bought the performance up to be on-par with the Relic using it's 5" DD coil, and almost to match the CoRe with the small 'OOR ' DD coil.

When they knew that they quickly put the 5" DD into production for the Impact, announced it on many Forums, but the problem here in the USA is the 'Distributor' who, for some dumb reasons, hasn't seen fit to stock this excellent small coil. Everyone ought to get on Kellyco's case about not having the 5" DD, and other desired things, in-stock and available and advertised on the website. I know several people who went through a Dealer in Turkey they found on the big 'bay' site to get one. Pester Kellyco after the Holiday and let them know it should be in stock.

Search coil selection can be interesting and remember it isn't just about the coil's size or shape or design. There is a blend of behavior associated with the particular detector's circuitry design and performance, too. I have used Double-D coils since they were first brought to the hobby detectors in '71 by Compass with their straight TR models, and to this day I enjoy some Double-D coils on some makes and models of detectors, but I also favor a good Concentric coil on select detectors as well and prefer them on those models to a DD design most of the time.

My current three Tesoro units all have 6" or 7" Concentric coils mounted for regular use, and the only Double-D I have is a larger-size 8X11 for the Vaquero. I also keep a 6½ Inch Concentric on my main-use White's MX-7, but do have a Detech 7" DD mounted on my other MX-7. My smaller and medium size coils, the 'OOR' and 5X9½ DD's are fitted to my two FORS CoRe's, and my two Relic devices sport the 5" DD and 5X9½ DD coils. However, I do have at-the-ready a 5½X10 Concentric for the Relic on a spare lower rod, and there are a number of places where I enjoy using it over the other two that see the most Relic model use.

But as mentioned, there isn't a comparable Concentric for my Relic or CoRe, so the Impact I grab most often keeps the 7" Concentric coil mounted, and after using that coil on the Impact when I first got it, for both Coin Hunting and Relic Hunting applications, I was totally impressed with it and didn't hesitate to make it my preferred, main-use coil for the Impact.:thumbup: I also really enjoy both the 5X9½ DD and smaller 5" DD on my Impact for different site challenges or field use, but they are both kind of tied for 2nd place behind the 7" Concentric coil.

It never hurts to have all three in your arsenal to add versatility to the Impact, especially since that model offers so many search modes and adjustment functions and operating frequencies that can make the different coils even more versatile. I'm glad my Regular-Use Detector Team includes this detector and 3-coil package. :wiggle:

Monte

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Makro Racer 2; Nokta Impact, Relic and CoRe; Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido II microMAX, Silver Sabre microMAX and Mojave; White's MX-7 and XLT
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

(503) 481-8147

Posted by: Sven
Date: December 26, 2017 07:05PM
cladcanada
I will be looking for a "5 coil & lower shaft for the impact before spring . Any overseas dealers recommendations that will ship to canada? was importing it expensive ?

Shipping should be reasonable for a small parcel search coil. Might not be too much more with a lower rod in a larger parcel. Many times the same, close to, or lower cost than if shipped from the US. Depends upon the country where its shipped from.

As for importing--
There is a good chance if shipped from a company using DHL, UPS or Perolator, when the parcel arrives, you will get nicked at least $24-35.00 unless it was shipped from an individual. If the parcel arrives by Canada Post to your door, 50-50 chance when it passes thru Ca Customs they will get you for GST and or HST only.

Just checked the sellers ebay page and he has free shipping to Canada when buying a 7" Impact coil.

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2017 07:08PM by Sven.

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: December 27, 2017 12:48PM
Can anyone that got the 5" coil for the Impact steer me to the right place to order it. Thanks GS

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: December 27, 2017 03:28PM
inci detectors (one word not two)

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2017 03:52PM by Tom Slick.

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: December 27, 2017 10:06PM
Thanks Tom , I checked them out and didn't see the 5" coil. GS
Tom Slick
inci detectors (one word not two)

Posted by: Nokta Detectors
Date: December 28, 2017 01:59AM
Hello all... we got the PO for the 5'' Impact coils from USA.
We will ship them within a week so they should be there soon guys... just wanted to let you know.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Dilek

I 'Thank You' Dilek for giving folks the update on the 5" DD.
Date: December 28, 2017 12:19PM
It is a terrific search coil in the dense iron infested sites where I Relic Hunt and brings the Impact up a notch in performance. Finally! Kellyco will have the 5" DD coil, and if they would act like a real 'Distributor,' so will Nokta Dealers. More well equipped Impact owners in 2018! :clapping:

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

(503) 481-8147

Re: I 'Thank You' Dilek for giving folks the update on the 5" DD.
Date: December 28, 2017 01:16PM
As soon as I get mine I will give it a real test, I have an area I tried the 7" coil on and just got iron hits on all of the square nails...but think there is some items are hidden and need to notch unmasking..

What do you mean by:
Date: December 28, 2017 02:27PM
Low-Boy/LCPM
As soon as I get mine I will give it a real test, I have an area I tried the 7" coil on and just got iron hits on all of the square nails...but think there is some items are hidden and need to notch unmasking..

If you are Relic Hunting and working places like ghost towns or other sites that have a lot of iron nails and other closely scattered ferrous debris, you never want to use any 'Notch' Discrimination to try and unmask good targets. The best way to find small coin-sized targets and similar artifacts that are hidden in a sea of nails and other ferrous junk, is to use the best sized smaller search coil, like the excellent 5" DD; keep the Discrimination very low so as to just barely accept nails; adjust the Fe Vol. for a low setting such a '01' or '02' to keep the volume level of accepted iron at a low level; and use a slow and methodical sweep speed and coil presentation to get in and around the trashier sites while listening for a solid mid-level or high-tone hit (in Di2 or Di3) or even investigate any questionable or 'iffy' audio response.

Refer to the visual numeric VDI read-out, if you want, but I seldom do because masked targets are usually going to read off-scale from what they are. They can have a degraded response due to the nearby masking trash targets and I 'simply' rely on listening for any desirable audio response and recovering the target. That's the only way to effectively/efficiently 'unmask' a keeper that is amongst junk.

Monte

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

(503) 481-8147

Re: What do you mean by:
Date: December 28, 2017 02:44PM
I agree with you, on the programs I use on the impact the disc is to about 3 and yes I like to keep the iron tone low so can hear the hidden targets. And yes the ID number can be any number so you have to just dig and dig and dig. But I think the 5 coil will really help the impact reach its full potential and help me better understand the 7 inch coil. I only hunt in the fall and winter so I get rusty (excuse the pun) until my skills sharpen after a few hunts

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login