Findmall.com

Nokta / Makro Detection Technologies Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is depth meter on anfibio accurate? or is it way off like Makro. Racer 2?N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: January 07, 2019 07:11PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Is depth meter on anfibio accurate? or is it way off like Makro. Racer 2?
Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: January 07, 2019 08:59PM
A bit off most of the time for me. But not a deal breaker.

Posted by: Fish N Chips
Date: January 07, 2019 08:59PM
I was struggling with mine being way off at first, but found if I lift the coil slightly and push the pinpoint before locating the target, the depth ID seems a lot closer, although still not as accurate as my T2 classic. For some reason if the coil is close to the target when I push the pinpoint it detunes slightly and the depth reads off. If there is no trash to the side and I push it and come into the target it is fair to ok, but most the spots I hunt are simply too trashy. Lifting the coil and coming back to the target seems to work the best if I want a better idea of depth. The little depth bars on the screen seem pretty accurate for on the fly depth judging. I am using that and the volume of the tone to help judge depth mainly, I use the X to locate most my targets going back to my Tesoro days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 09:00PM by Fish N Chips.

Thanks .Thinking about getting one in spring.But accurate depth meter is important to me.N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: January 08, 2019 04:16AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: F_27stryker1
Date: January 08, 2019 08:48AM
I find that the size of the target comes into play. If it's a small object like a coin it seems pretty close but if not it's off sometimes. After a while you can just tell by the tones

Posted by: rc2125
Date: January 08, 2019 08:54AM
On coins, mine is spot on. Small stuff, like .22 bullets and lil buttons are usually around half the depth shown or less. Same with the bigger 13” coil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login