Findmall.com

Nokta / Makro Detection Technologies Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is depth meter on anfibio accurate? or is it way off like Makro. Racer 2?N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: January 07, 2019 07:11PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Is depth meter on anfibio accurate? or is it way off like Makro. Racer 2?
Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: January 07, 2019 08:59PM
A bit off most of the time for me. But not a deal breaker.

Posted by: Fish N Chips
Date: January 07, 2019 08:59PM
I was struggling with mine being way off at first, but found if I lift the coil slightly and push the pinpoint before locating the target, the depth ID seems a lot closer, although still not as accurate as my T2 classic. For some reason if the coil is close to the target when I push the pinpoint it detunes slightly and the depth reads off. If there is no trash to the side and I push it and come into the target it is fair to ok, but most the spots I hunt are simply too trashy. Lifting the coil and coming back to the target seems to work the best if I want a better idea of depth. The little depth bars on the screen seem pretty accurate for on the fly depth judging. I am using that and the volume of the tone to help judge depth mainly, I use the X to locate most my targets going back to my Tesoro days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 09:00PM by Fish N Chips.

Thanks .Thinking about getting one in spring.But accurate depth meter is important to me.N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: January 08, 2019 04:16AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: F_27stryker1
Date: January 08, 2019 08:48AM
I find that the size of the target comes into play. If it's a small object like a coin it seems pretty close but if not it's off sometimes. After a while you can just tell by the tones

Posted by: rc2125
Date: January 08, 2019 08:54AM
On coins, mine is spot on. Small stuff, like .22 bullets and lil buttons are usually around half the depth shown or less. Same with the bigger 13” coil.

Posted by: North Georgia Relics
Date: January 25, 2019 10:57AM
One thing to remember is that all depth meters are calibrated to coin size objects. They should be accurate on coins but will vary on anything else.

North Georgia Relics
7579 Nashville Street
Ringgold, Georgia 30736
northgeorgiarelics@gmail.com
706-264-6011
Authorized Dealer for XP and Nokta/Makro

Posted by: Big Treble
Date: January 25, 2019 05:23PM
Yeah, I would think mine might have been off BUT, everything I dug was mixed with other items, like iron, and honestly that will mess with every machine I have had.

Posted by: KindManTall
Date: January 25, 2019 07:19PM
It is a estimated dept .. Hard for it to decide if there are more than one target in the area

Posted by: dfmike
Date: January 26, 2019 03:17PM
North Georgia Relics
One thing to remember is that all depth meters are calibrated to coin size objects. They should be accurate on coins but will vary on anything else.

I'm guessing ohio fred already knows this. I can't speak for the Racer 2 or the Anfibio since I don't have either one but I'm interested in getting a precise answer to this question as well.. The Anfibio or MK are on my short list of detectors I would like to try.

Detection depth meter is important to me. On my CoRe, it doesn't matter if the target is coin sized or not. I can't trust the depth meter period. That is especially evident when the target is deeper than 3 inches. No such issues with my 2 other detectors.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login