Findmall.com

Nokta / Makro Detection Technologies Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Ridiculous charging adapters
Posted by: Big Treble
Date: January 11, 2019 07:26AM
Ok my only struggle with this is these silly adapters to convert to the US electric outlets.

As I grabbed a phone charger adapters, I thought I'd check the manual to see if there were Amp requirements. I then see the warning not to use anything other than the supplied charger. AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!! This is akin to the 'do not remove this label from your mattress under penalty of law'

While I'm 98% sure using any other UL listed 5v USB style charger would be fine, anyone have any other advise on this? I hate to cook anything.

Re: Ridiculous charging adapters
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: January 11, 2019 10:02AM
I strongly agree. I think it will break very easily. Or just not stay pluged it with the weight of the plug wire. Hope you get a reply soon. Jim

Posted by: F_27stryker1
Date: January 11, 2019 10:24AM
I had the same problem with mine when I first got it. My solution was to hot glue the adapter into place and then I applied some large tube shrink wrap over the two. After the first couple weeks I stopped using the supplied charger and now charge with the same charger I use to charge my phone. So far no problems by only time will tell.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: January 11, 2019 12:06PM
Which detector are you trying to charge? Multi Kruzer or the Anfibio?

I’ve sent in a request to Nokta dealing with this question on the Anfibio. No response yet. If trying to charge the Kruzer, there is a simple step to convert it to US standards. You take the Kruzer charger & slip off the end that has the two straight prongs. It will slip apart. Next you need an ipad charger. Slip it apart & you then have the standard US connection in your hand. Slip that piece onto your Kruzer charger. They fit together perfectly. You now have a factory Kruzer charger with a standard US connector. That is what I use to charge my multi Kruzer.

The Anfibio charger has a different design from the Kruzer series so the above info will not work with changing the charger. That is why I sent Nokta a question. But on further review I see both detectors use the same size battery. So it looks like my Multi Kruzer charger should work fine with my US conversion. I may wait on a response from Nokta before I try it but I see no reason why it should not work.

Here is a link of the conversion method posted by one of our members.

US Conversion posted by Sven

XP Deus |Anfibio Multi | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 12:21PM by Sataro.

Posted by: KindManTall
Date: January 11, 2019 01:38PM
You just use the USB pod plug in that is with the Wireless Headphone and use that pod charge the detector battery cable

I use that pod to charge the detector battery ... Any usb port should work for the headphone

Posted by: Nokta Detectors
Date: January 11, 2019 02:05PM
Hello. Can you please send me your email address to dilek@noktadetectors.com or via PM so I can check?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 02:06PM by Nokta Detectors.

Posted by: Nokta Detectors
Date: January 11, 2019 02:08PM
Hello all.. just wanted to let you guys know that based on customer complaints and requests, we are now in the process of changing the AC adaptors to have regular US plugs for all products moving forward.

Date: January 11, 2019 03:07PM
Thanks all and a special thanks to Dilek. Just sent the email now, but honestly, I just posted this 7 hours ago on a forum and I get a response from the manufacturer, that's pretty impressive. To top it off it sounds as if they are taking action to correct the situation.

Hats off to Dilek and Nokta Detectors

Date: January 11, 2019 03:09PM
Sataro
Which detector are you trying to charge? Multi Kruzer or the Anfibio?

I’ve sent in a request to Nokta dealing with this question on the Anfibio. No response yet. If trying to charge the Kruzer, there is a simple step to convert it to US standards. You take the Kruzer charger & slip off the end that has the two straight prongs. It will slip apart. Next you need an ipad charger. Slip it apart & you then have the standard US connection in your hand. Slip that piece onto your Kruzer charger. They fit together perfectly. You now have a factory Kruzer charger with a standard US connector. That is what I use to charge my multi Kruzer.

The Anfibio charger has a different design from the Kruzer series so the above info will not work with changing the charger. That is why I sent Nokta a question. But on further review I see both detectors use the same size battery. So it looks like my Multi Kruzer charger should work fine with my US conversion. I may wait on a response from Nokta before I try it but I see no reason why it should not work.

Here is a link of the conversion method posted by one of our members.

US Conversion posted by Sven

My Anfibio. Switched back to android so I don't have any of those adapters but it seems like I have dozens of 120 to USB laying around

Posted by: Yard Scrap
Date: January 11, 2019 05:07PM
Nokta Detectors
Hello all.. just wanted to let you guys know that based on customer complaints and requests, we are now in the process of changing the AC adaptors to have regular US plugs for all products moving forward.

Just got my Multi in Dec, Free upgrade?

Date: January 11, 2019 06:06PM
Big Treble
Thanks all and a special thanks to Dilek. Just sent the email now, but honestly, I just posted this 7 hours ago on a forum and I get a response from the manufacturer, that's pretty impressive. To top it off it sounds as if they are taking action to correct the situation.

Hats off to Dilek and Nokta Detectors

That’s the great thing about this company. They actually listen to the customers & take care of them.

XP Deus |Anfibio Multi | Tesoro Cibola | Lesche Digger | Garrett Pro-Pointer | Deteknix Xpointer

Posted by: James/Texas
Date: January 11, 2019 07:33PM
Wish I would have waited! With all the crap hanging in the 110V plug, the Makro charger won't stay plugged in. Maybe Makro gets this all sorted out they will help us out with a reduced price on the newly designed charger.

XP Deus

Fisher F44

Posted by: SeaScene
Date: January 12, 2019 05:45PM
I use a double usb wall plug to charge headphones and Multi at the same time... see the pic

(got that advice from Sven, Cdn rep)

Date: January 14, 2019 02:18AM
Nokta Detectors
Hello. Can you please send me your email address to dilek@noktadetectors.com or via PM so I can check?

Email has been sent.

Billy Tallant

Date: January 14, 2019 05:59AM
Sataro

Email has been sent.

Billy Tallant

I sent my email address and have heard nothing.

Oh well I'm glad they are changing it for others, really not a huge deal as long as I can use any UL Listed USB charger, like many people, I have a few laying around.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login