Findmall.com

Makro Detectors Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Forgive me .....
Posted by: staffydog33
Date: December 17, 2017 02:01PM
...Father, for I have sinned....it's been 1 million years since my last confession.

Ok, here goes.....

First though, please don't hack me or smash the windows in my house, I know what i've done is wrong...but..

....I've SOLD MY RACER 2!!!!

I know, I know....i'm an idiot and I'm already regretting it...lol.

I just want a machine that performs to the best on the wet beach and black sand.

Having spent a few hours with someone who owns the ancient Minelab Explorer 2 - I MUST have one!

Burying targets in the wet sand at 10 inches, my Racer couldn't pick them up.

He even showed off burying a gold ring at 16 inches and his Explorer was going ballistic, so I was convinced.

GOT to have one.

\Bye Bye Racer - I will miss you...boo hoo

Matt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2017 02:01PM by staffydog33.

Re: Forgive me .....
Posted by: Architex
Date: December 17, 2017 03:01PM
Say 3 Hail Marys and drop a merc in the collection plate.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Posted by: Daniel,SR
Date: December 19, 2017 04:04AM
I also sold my Red Racer and bought E-trac. I am happy :-)

Posted by: dfmike
Date: December 19, 2017 01:13PM
Why post this in a Nokta/Makro forum ?

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Bye Bye, Matt. You're out of here,
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 19, 2017 01:47PM
and giving up on an affordable, and very functional Racer 2 made in Turkey and going over to the 'dark side' getting a detector from a company that has had their detectors made in Malaysia for about five years or more. Enjoy your decision, but when you change your mind in the future I am sure you'll be welcomed back to the Nokta Detectors and Makro Detectors group of satisfied users.

By the way, I had a bunch of friends who are, or were, loyal Minelab users and preferred the Explorer II out of the other FBS models, as I did, back then, also. But when I worked a very, very salty and very mineralized beach with two of them, and bested their performance using a modified White's IDX Pro, and then got with one of those two and a couple of other 'labbers' two years ago on a different mineralized beach using my Nokta FORS CoRe, they had another wide-eyes awakening!

I've worked the Racer 2 on some challenging beaches, but since I lean towards my favorite Nokta models from the sister company, I use them more but st4ill know the capabilities of the Racer 2. It's all a matter of proper settings, proper search coil choice, combined with the best search coil sweep speed presentation, and maybe you just were not set up to rival what his set-up and settings were doing?

Anyway, go your way and enjoy the other Forum now. Good luck in the year to come.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detector Team are from:
Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: nenadgbeepin
Date: December 30, 2017 05:35AM
Just one reason why you can't just own one detector :detecting:

High freq VLF - best on small gold, chains etc
Mid freq VLF - best on common/modern coins, rings, and best ground handling compromise
Low freq VLF - best on high conductors
PI - deepest on wet sand
Multi-Freq - accurate ID at depth, discrim on wet sand

etc etc

Impact - CTX3030 - SDC2300 - GPX5000 - GPZ7000 - AU GoldFinder - Sov XS2a & a couple of Tesoros
From Adelaide, South Australia

Posted by: dfmike
Date: December 30, 2017 10:20AM
To me the design of the detector and understanding its language is much more important than frequency alone. I've had more success hunting old and modern coins with my F19 and CoRe than I ever did with lower frequency machines.
I'd be very happy to hunt with either of the aforementioned machines if I could only keep one.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: Daniel,SR
Date: December 30, 2017 01:49PM
If the new macro is under water, I'll buy it :clapping:

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: January 03, 2018 03:54AM
Only a dumbass would sell their R2 :drool:

Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: January 04, 2018 12:10PM
Lol, not so long ago it was 'truly fantastic' on the dry, wet, black sand and in the sea! Digging small jewellery at 16"-18" lol

An explorer might be old, but it's still newer tech than the Racers!

staffydog33

I just want a machine that performs to the best on the wet beach and black sand.

Having spent a few hours with someone who owns the ancient Minelab Explorer 2 - I MUST have one!

Burying targets in the wet sand at 10 inches, my Racer couldn't pick them up.

He even showed off burying a gold ring at 16 inches and his Explorer was going ballistic, so I was convinced.

Matt

Posted by: staffydog33
Date: January 10, 2018 03:24PM
Got deposit on Minelab Equinox....currently own a Minelab Soverign GT and on the beach it absolutely destroys the Racer.

Toguh, I admit, i'm seriosly thinking of getting a Racer 2 again, for the pasture and using the Soverign and Equinox for beach.

Matt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login