Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: equinox forum
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: November 01, 2017 09:10PM
In the U.S., $649 for the 600, $899 for the 800...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 17, 2017 04:09AM
Laplander,

I’m hoping You are going to delete ALL OF THE existing pages of posts with all of the speculation and arguing once the Equinox hits the field so that we have a clean slate from which to proceed?

Hopeful,

Rich

Tesoro Golden Sabre
Tesoro Bandido
White's XLT e-series
White's MXT All Pro
Minelab Etrac
Nokta Fors CoRe
Macro Racer 2
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Pro Pointer AT

Posted by: GKMan
Date: November 17, 2017 05:11AM
Eh, they will just fade away, buried under all the new posts about which frequency works best , advanced notching methodology, air and separation test comparisons, and hopefully lots of cool finds and stories about revisiting well hunted sites with the Equinox..

Sometimes, I revisit the early days of the CTX forum just to reminisce about our first days with it..

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2017 05:14AM by GKMan.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: November 17, 2017 09:14AM
I think it will be fun looking back and seeing which posters were spewing out their rear once the Eq comes out and we have real information to discuss.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 17, 2017 09:24AM
Champ Ferguson
I think it will be fun looking back and seeing which posters were spewing out their rear once the Eq comes out and we have real information to discuss.

I think there should be a list of everyone who posted attacks and false claims, and make it a sticky. If people want to be trolls, keep it up for all to see. Trolls dont like the light.

Posted by: nalc472
Date: November 17, 2017 11:39AM
I have learned enough about Minelab detectors to know it will make old sites "Great again." LOL :)

Posted by: jerseyjim
Date: December 04, 2017 04:08PM
How would you rate the Equinox? I am not only talking price. Is it a top of the line detector with a mid range price? Or is it something that stands all by it's self? I understand it has different technology. I am a little con fussed by the way this one is being marketed. To be honest, I would not run out and buy it until the dust has settled. I have a feeling I would put it between my Safari and my CTX 3030. as far as Minelab goes.

Jim

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: December 06, 2017 08:38AM
Are the NOX people going to look like the hillery or the TRUMP folks post election???? Going to be interesting.

Posted by: somewhereinbc
Date: December 20, 2017 01:44AM
jerseyjim
How would you rate the Equinox? I am not only talking price. Is it a top of the line detector with a mid range price? Or is it something that stands all by it's self? I understand it has different technology. I am a little con fussed by the way this one is being marketed. To be honest, I would not run out and buy it until the dust has settled. I have a feeling I would put it between my Safari and my CTX 3030. as far as Minelab goes.

Jim

intelligent multi frequency :confused:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 01:46AM by somewhereinbc.

Posted by: Quake
Date: December 22, 2017 01:04PM
Is that straight shaft all plastic like the makro racer 2 ??

Date: December 22, 2017 01:08PM
Quake

Minelab has been using carbon-fiber shafts for a while now, so I would expect the same on this. I doubt they went backwards to steel, the detector is too light for that, but they have never used plastic.

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: December 22, 2017 02:04PM
Quake

Only the lower rod is non-metal on the Racer2, like 99% of all detectors. At least get your facts straight before trashing other vendors :rant:

Posted by: Quake
Date: December 23, 2017 02:11AM
I asked a question about the shaft of the equinox and yes the makro has a plastic shaft so STFU, Yea i really trashed the makro saying it had a plastic shaft LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 02:13AM by Quake.

Posted by: rob.ream258
Date: December 31, 2017 11:51AM
sgoss66
In the U.S., $649 for the 600, $899 for the 800...

Steve

The mid-level pricing for this machine is quite puzzling......... Considerably less than the CTX and ETrac but with similar or better features???

I've never afforded the price tag of the CTX or ETrac which leaves wondering if those 2 machines will still "rule the roost" over the EQ? Is there a comparison chart of the 3 machines features?

Is the EQ price tag aimed to pull current MD'ers over to ML? (I.E - pull over the ATPro people with a better machine at the same price).

I understand ML is very quiet on this machine and little is known about it so I'm guessing the majority of my questions won't be answered till the machine is available, but is there a comparison chart depicting the features of their products?

Date: December 31, 2017 12:33PM
Yes, somewhere on the ML website they have a feature comparison chart but I don't think its going to answer your question on price.

My guess on that is because this is a hobby niche. Theres not a lot of people who can afford $1500 - $2500 for a hobby item but there are lot who can that $600 - $900 price. It makes perfect business sense to lose X number of sale at $2500 but pick up XXX sale of $900 items.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login