Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
But everyone complains about it...
Posted by: Daniel Tn
Date: October 26, 2017 08:57AM
Well not everyone, but a lot of people still complain that the CTX is too heavy for them. I never had an issue with the eTrac or Explorers either, and I even ran the eTrac with the 13" Ultimate coil 99% of the time. I actually liked it better than the CTX but sold it because I like water hunting too much.

I'm actually concerned that the Equinox will be too light for any serious water hunting. Especially in river current or the ocean surf. I made this error with my sand scoop when I went from a heavy fiberglass handle to a carbon fiber handle. It lightened the scoop considerably...which was good for wet sand hunting. But as soon as it got in the water, it gets knocked around by the smallest of waves and has a tendency to want to drift off a spot.

Re: Equinox Potential Problems.
Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 26, 2017 12:02PM
dbado1
Like IDXMONSTER, I have never had a problem swinging the E-Trac all day with the stock pro coil. Never found it heavy or unbalanced. But , then again, I can swing a GPX all day with a 14" coil with no bungee in the gold fields. Sounds like some of you guys need to hit the gym :shrug:. The Nox looks like it will be super lite. The only issue I've ever had with any detector was the same issue that the OP mentioned with the SDC battery box...super easy fix that was mentioned on many forums...just stretch the battery contact springs out a bit and no more problem. I've had five Minelab machines ( still have two) and never had an issue other than the extremely minor issue mentioned above. I expect the Nox will be another great offering from ML.

Dean
Lol hit the gym I have tennis elbow not from just detecting I fish a lot fly fish spin but that never bothers my elbow
Swinging the Etrac does a little bit but it’s my best machine for beach use...
So I bought a Deus and I can swing that all day no problem..

Posted by: Altamaha
Date: March 05, 2018 02:33PM
mcb613
I havent been following the NOX too much, have learned to wait a little to prove itself or not. Obvious, Im still scared from the CTX release and the overselling of the initial marketing. Still @#$%& about no updates. And Im not buying what some say, “ why upgrade” when its not broke. Their missing the point, it was about the pitch and belief thst we would be getting better updates and a machine that kerps up with the times and or stays agead.
Now with that being said, I am excited about the weight and still being a Minelab product. I hope its as good as people are hoping.
Like I said, THIS TIME, I will wait for some reviews and bebugging. Snnd no, Im not wortied about the early NOX users getting back to those worked out spots and getting all the “ deep” or “ in between” Trash targets that the new machine will provide.

Remember, sales are all marketing!!! Take it from a sales guy...

Im waiting for the truth from the field reports.

HH, and hope I wrote something that helps someone.

I agree with you mcb613;

After the Broken promises (Updateable, Future Proof, etc) as well as quality issues, relating to the CTX 3030, I will wait awhile on user experiences/opinions and see what they have to say before deciding whether or not to buy another detector from Minelab.

Old saying, Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me!

Posted by: underwatermetalman
Date: March 05, 2018 06:32PM
mcb613
I havent been following the NOX too much, have learned to wait a little to prove itself or not. Obvious, Im still scared from the CTX release and the overselling of the initial marketing. Still @#$%& about no updates. And Im not buying what some say, “ why upgrade” when its not broke. Their missing the point, it was about the pitch and belief thst we would be getting better updates and a machine that kerps up with the times and or stays agead.
Now with that being said, I am excited about the weight and still being a Minelab product. I hope its as good as people are hoping.
Like I said, THIS TIME, I will wait for some reviews and bebugging. Snnd no, Im not wortied about the early NOX users getting back to those worked out spots and getting all the “ deep” or “ in between” Trash targets that the new machine will provide.

Remember, sales are all marketing!!! Take it from a sales guy...

Im waiting for the truth from the field reports.

HH, and hope I wrote something that helps someone.

You have the same feelings I do, bought the CTX when it first came out. Not falling for that one again. I am going to wait, I have a few friends that bought them, I am going to try one out first before I buy.

UWMM

Posted by: Always Curious
Date: March 05, 2018 11:32PM
I'm sure it is mostly marketing, certainly with the artificial scarcity that added to the hoopla. Waiting for the bugs to be found and addressed makes sense. But by then it's maybe just another "ho-hum" detector, and the excitement is gone... I must confess I did spring for the Equinox 600. I like it so far. At least with the Equinox, early adopters are paying only a third or less what they paid for the CTX when it arrived, so somewhat less risk.

Posted by: Charlives
Date: March 06, 2018 05:39AM
I didn't have time to read all the replies but after some weeks with the Nox my forearms hurt! Balance seems as important as total weight.

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: March 06, 2018 06:36AM
If the coil seems heavy, try moving the arm cuff to the back to the shaft. This helped me.

Posted by: jas415
Date: March 06, 2018 07:40PM
Quite often is is NOT the size of the horse but the age of the horse and its intelligence! 50 years ago I could to all that also, swing a heavy coil for 5 or 6 hours, but at 75 it just takes me 3 or 4 days to swing it 5 or 6 hours! We were all studs in our 20's to 40's! Or so we like to believe! I can go about 4 or 5 hours with the 3030, and then the back starts to tell me how old the back really is and how heavy the 3030 is.

Posted by: MEV
Date: March 06, 2018 10:42PM
Remember Minelab is a máster at marketing!!!!!! Don't believe everything they Say !!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login