Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I wonder if you can change the response of the tones???
Posted by: ohiochris
Date: November 21, 2017 12:15PM
steve herschbach
“Let me get this straight ,.....you posted information on one public forum to answer questions about a metal detector and you would complain about it being quoted in another public forum to answer said questions without permission.....even with proper acknowledgment that it was YOUR information ???? “

I am a writer who maintains a website and forum where my writing is the major draw. Yes, it is all covered by copyright, and yes, I do look to protect my rights. You clearly have no respect for those rights or perhaps you just don’t understand what they are. This in my opinion is not a quote but a major subsection of an article taken out of context. Copying my content without permission is a misuse of my content and I am required to protest that misuse in order to protect my rights.

If I had used a PM the only option was to demand the content be deleted. I thought it better to let it ride and to ask that people refrain from doing this in the future. If that is not good enough for you guys then I will request that this thread be deleted.

If my writing has no value, as you imply, then people should not have a problem leaving it where I want it.

Del, Findmall has strict rules of their own, and links to other sites is one of them.

How did my response get taken as no respect for copyrights ? And I seen no misuse or even anything out of context , just someone quoting you.....in context .....to help answer questions , and isnt that what these forums are all about ? Nobody said your writing has no value , nobody used your writing for their own personal gain , and nobody did any harm to it ....or you. So I just dont see what the " attitude " is about. But thanks for giving me some insight on your writing , I will be sure to avoid it completely in the future.

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: November 21, 2017 01:03PM
what was this thread called ..oh yeah ...I wonder if you can change the response of the tones...:surrender:

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: November 21, 2017 01:24PM
I have to agree sounds like someone is getting a Big Head and needs to get over himself it is Metal Detector for crying out loud.

CTX 3030

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2017 01:25PM by greenmeanie.

Posted by: USMA67
Date: November 21, 2017 05:17PM
I rarely post, just absorb the excellent advice and opinions I read on this forum. IMO I feel Steve Herschbach just made an informative personal observative post that many other equally qualified posters make, and turned it into a joke. You are nothing special Steve, and your posts, should you care to post them, do NOT need to be copyrighted.

Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: November 21, 2017 05:41PM
Steve, I think this was a 'one-off' event and as such you should have just let it slide.....

I think folks getting a 'taste' of what you offer on your own site would be beneficial in getting them to take a look at more of your work
on your own forum....

cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login