Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Any here have an Xterra?
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: November 20, 2017 09:21AM
I need to know what the OD of the lower shaft is. The Equinox's lower rod is 7/8" OD, I wanna know if they are the same. Thanks.

Re: Any here have an Xterra?
Posted by: Nuke em
Date: November 21, 2017 10:34AM
Dont know . Have heard they are different . But if they are the same i am using my Anderson Carbon Fibre shaft with my new Equinox .
Used Terra's since 2011 and it was a great machine . If the Equinox is anything like the Terra on the dry beach and like an ET on the wet we are in for a real winner.

Uses = Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters , Minelab E.Trac for sale .

Posted by: Des D
Date: November 21, 2017 12:26PM
'Just foostered about with an X-Terra lower shaft!
What you may have to factor in as extra sizing are the 'washers' they use with all their coil / lower shaft arrangements.
It seems about the 7/8" with an old-fashion tape measure?
ML will want to minimise build costs so it wouldn't surprise if they recycled lower rods? But, with the EQX having a larger 11" coil than an X-Terra 9", it might require a 'wider' stem?"

Date: November 21, 2017 12:34PM
If it does Des then my Anderson shaft will be for sale . Then again i might buy another 705 one day .
Superb machine for dry beaches .

Uses = Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters , Minelab E.Trac for sale .

Posted by: Neil
Date: November 21, 2017 11:29PM
Dan(NM)
I need to know what the OD of the lower shaft is. The Equinox's lower rod is 7/8" OD, I wanna know if they are the same. Thanks.

I just measured it. The Xterra lower rod OD is 3/4 (.75")

in everything give thanks

Etrac
X5
T2

Posted by: Des D
Date: November 29, 2017 11:20AM
"There's a good shot of the EQX coil on their Facebook held by one of the design team at an event in New Zealand.
The 'nut & bolt' assembly looks the same as the big ones used on the FBS platform! So it might be non-compatible with the 'Terra' rods???"

Date: November 29, 2017 01:10PM
Heres hoping that the lower rod of the Terra can fit the Equinox upper shaft . I have an Anderson top stem i want to use on the Equinox. If not i will sell that stem .

Posted by: Digger
Date: November 29, 2017 03:59PM
The XTERRA lower rod has a slightly smaller diameter than the EQUINOX lower rod. It is a bit sloppy and the locking collar won't lock it down tight. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Date: November 29, 2017 05:14PM
I wonder if i put non metalic washers in whether i could use it that way ? Or will the top Anderson shaft be to loose for the handgrip and box ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login