Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: You are all invited.....
Posted by: Nuke em
Date: November 24, 2017 09:41AM
BootyHunter
dewcon4414
So its for discussion...... good and BAD? But if it wont do this or wont do that ..... they are haters.... and i assume will be removed. Some of those UNKNOWNS will go away once its released......so right now we are all kind of beating around the good and bad BEFORE they put it on the street. That dont make them haters...... we just dont like repeated mistakes that dont get addressed during testing. We hope one or more of the testers read our comments.......and have an AWWW HAAAAA moment.

Dew

There is a difference in “discussing” possible shortcomings and downright bashing a machine because of fear it will outshine your current model. Open discussion of possible shortcomings is welcome, but multiple deus users ganging up and ripping everything about the machine is not. I would expect that in a deus Users group and that’s fine, but I don’t join those groups as I don’t use a deus, so why so many deus users joining the equinox groups? Because they are scared to death that an $800 machine will outperform their $1200 machine, pure and simple. Discussion won’t be removed, hateful nonproven speculation will be. Questioning if it can or can’t do something is fine as no one really knows, but outright claiming it can’t or won’t without anything to back it up is just ridiculous. You beach guys are worried to death but the xterra and go find series will work in wet sand much better
than a deus or at series already, what makes you think the equinox won’t be a killer beach machine? Multi frequency should work great in that environment. Beating around the good and bad before it hits the street is understandable, but some of those groups are nothing more than trying to kill it in the crib and most of the users have no intentions of trying the equinox and they don’t want anyone else to either.

Agreed about Deus users .
I just want as much info before i shed out £879 per machine , not $ .
As for the Deus ? YUK ! Tried and didn't like at all .
I think the Equinox will work but like so many just want to see it tested . Its more so we can just see it being used .
Minelab and others should not bring out a machine into the public eye unless its ready for the shops . Didn't happen with the ET in 2008 . But look what happened with the dodgy release of the CTX in 2012 !
I cant wait for the Equinox .:detecting:

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

May I see your invitation to the party please?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 30, 2017 03:34AM
I thought EVERYBODY was invited to the party, including users of any other detector, even Deus users. I think all of us are looking at the Equinox brochures and specs. Certainly there is a measure of competition with the release of the Equinox in Britain with all of the festivities in an area certainly seen as a stronghold of Deus users. Kind of that old challenge to a race. The new kid on the block is being touted as a pretty tough challenger. But the Race hasn’t started yet. Just the preliminary build up before hand.

Lots of talk and speculation increase interest and ticket sales. Look at all of the silly posts, the unfounded and wild speculation. The detector is still in the hands of field testers and there’s no announced release date. Yet there are hundreds of posts on a forum with no actual users.

All I can say is that I hope winter is a little Short this year so the forum doesn’t turn into a battlefield with detectorists with nowhere to go when they finally get their equinox in the mail.

Happy bench testing.

Rich

:minelab: Etrac - primary yard and park machine
Makro Racer 2 - primary old west sites, high iron trash,
:minelab: Sovereign GT - cruising old parks
:minelab: Equinox 800 - tbd
:tesoro: Bandido - backup old west sites, high iron trash.

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Re: May I see your invitation to the party please?
Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: November 30, 2017 09:29PM
Rich (Utah)
I thought EVERYBODY was invited to the party, including users of any other detector, even Deus users. I think all of us are looking at the Equinox brochures and specs. Certainly there is a measure of competition with the release of the Equinox in Britain with all of the festivities in an area certainly seen as a stronghold of Deus users. Kind of that old challenge to a race. The new kid on the block is being touted as a pretty tough challenger. But the Race hasn’t started yet. Just the preliminary build up before hand.

Lots of talk and speculation increase interest and ticket sales. Look at all of the silly posts, the unfounded and wild speculation. The detector is still in the hands of field testers and there’s no announced release date. Yet there are hundreds of posts on a forum with no actual users.

All I can say is that I hope winter is a little Short this year so the forum doesn’t turn into a battlefield with detectorists with nowhere to go when they finally get their equinox in the mail.

Happy bench testing.

Rich

Yes , I never said deus users were not invited, I’m sure there are several on this forum. I said that the page I was referencing was not going to be a bash the equinox fest like some of the other “so called Equinox Users pages” on Facebook. I have nothing against the deus, I do have issue with those that are bashing the equinox purely because they don’t want it to be as good as or better than their deus.

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 30, 2017 10:50PM
BootyHunter

Yes , I never said deus users were not invited, I’m sure there are several on this forum. I said that the page I was referencing was not going to be a bash the equinox fest like some of the other “so called Equinox Users pages” on Facebook. I have nothing against the deus, I do have issue with those that are bashing the equinox purely because they don’t want it to be as good as or better than their deus.

May the winter pass quickly for all of us; even those XP Deus users. :blowup:

Rich -

:minelab: Etrac - primary yard and park machine
Makro Racer 2 - primary old west sites, high iron trash,
:minelab: Sovereign GT - cruising old parks
:minelab: Equinox 800 - tbd
:tesoro: Bandido - backup old west sites, high iron trash.

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 01, 2017 03:14AM
Rich (Utah)
BootyHunter

May the winter pass quickly for all of us; even those XP Deus users. :blowup:

Rich -

:lol:

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Re: You are all invited.....
Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 01, 2017 06:29AM
now now fella's don't go getting all cocky just yet :buds:

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login