Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: before X-mas release?
Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: December 04, 2017 09:27PM
My contact at Minelab told me just today that the release will be April 1st. :rofl:

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: December 04, 2017 11:06PM
Of 2019?:lmfao:
Tom Slick
My contact at Minelab told me just today that the release will be April 1st. :rofl:

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: December 05, 2017 07:17AM
2018 - 2019 either way I'm on the waiting list :cheers:

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: December 05, 2017 08:37AM
Wayfarer
Today, my dealer said the first batch will be shipped out by Minelab at the end of the month, probably not in time for Christmas. Then Minelab will send out subsequent batches 2 weeks apart until they catch up with all the preorders.

I preordered mine the weekend of release back in mid-September *and* paid in full upfront at that time, so I should be in the first batch. Fingers crossed the wait is almost over...

Speaking out of turn here and with some anger.

That is very disappointing news. If they can create a brand new car/phone in a year, EVERY year, there is no reason why this detector should be delayed even one more day. Call my expectations unrealistic if you will, but we all know deep down that if the right motivation is there, it can be done. QUICKLY.

And as for the argument that they need time to make it right, they had YEARS.

Posted by: joanmar
Date: December 05, 2017 11:34AM
as anyone tested on the wet sand beaches has no one has bothered in the UK,so lets hope our friends in the USA have

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 11:39AM by joanmar.

Posted by: coherent
Date: December 05, 2017 12:06PM
I wouldn't get too angry, disappointed or anything else over something I read on the forum that didn't come directly from Minelab. I'm sure different dealers will have different delivery dates, especially those in different parts of the world. I'm not saying the post is hearsay or untrue but I would hesitate betting on such information at this time being hard, set in stone facts. No use getting angry, happy or anything else until something actually happens, doesn't happen or Minelab makes an official statement.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: December 05, 2017 12:15PM
coherent
I wouldn't get too angry, disappointed or anything else over something I read on the forum that didn't come directly from Minelab. I'm sure different dealers will have different delivery dates, especially those in different parts of the world. I'm not saying the post is hearsay or untrue but I would hesitate betting on such information at this time being hard, set in stone facts. No use getting angry, happy or anything else until something actually happens, doesn't happen or Minelab makes an official statement.

Thank you for your input it is appreciated. Sometimes I let my anger get the better of me. In the beginning, there were several Minelab related sources saying an earlier December release. They should of provided info by now. My ground is not frozen yet but in a week or two it will be. I just wanted to get out BEFORE the deep freeze.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 05, 2017 12:58PM
Tom Slick

You'd think Minelab would take advantage of the Christmas season to increase sales and
Posted by: Donna(NJ
Date: December 05, 2017 01:24PM
The fact that in a few short weeks, half the US will be in the frozen tundra. If they release anytime during the winter,
they may loose sales based on only the southern state reviews. Why wait til the middle of winter to release a new, hyped up machine ????

Thankfully I live on the east coast and can hunt almost year round.

Come on Minelab !!!!!

Cheers,
Donna(NJ)

Re: You'd think Minelab would take advantage of the Christmas season to increase sales and
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 05, 2017 02:07PM
Donna(NJ
The fact that in a few short weeks, half the US will be in the frozen tundra. If they release anytime during the winter,
they may loose sales based on only the southern state reviews. Why wait til the middle of winter to release a new, hyped up machine ????

Thankfully I live on the east coast and can hunt almost year round.

Come on Minelab !!!!!

Cheers,
Donna(NJ)

Truthfully, its only the upper middle 1/4 and the new england states that freezes up. Pretty much everything south of the mason dixon stays thawed except for a few weeks. The south, southwest and west coast open year round.

They can only release it when it's ready and winter or not a jillion are spoken for
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: December 05, 2017 03:06PM
It will be here before you know it, we're all anxiously waiting

Posted by: ohiochris
Date: December 05, 2017 04:13PM
Well...............they can release it whenever they want to release it , there were no official dates given other than early 2018 and..................................... " possibly " end of Dec. but that always did sound like wishful thinking. Its not as if they keep moving out the release date , as of yet they are still on track. Kick back , relax ,......do some detecting if you can.....or read a good book , before you know it they will be shipping out the equinox.

Re: You'd think Minelab would take advantage of the Christmas season to increase sales and
Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: December 05, 2017 07:19PM
Because not everything is about the NorthEast USA.
There are other parts of the world out there.

CTX 3030

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 05, 2017 07:45PM
greenmeanie
Because not everything is about the NorthEast USA.
There are other parts of the world out there.

Uhhhh, Actually greenmeanie, it is ALL about the NorthEast, USA, Just ask any of the Avengers. They'll tell you. :clapping:

Rich (Utah) (not in the NorthEast, USA)

:minelab: Etrac - primary yard and park machine
Makro Racer 2 - primary old west sites, high iron trash,
:minelab: Sovereign GT - cruising old parks
:minelab: Equinox 800 - tbd
:tesoro: Bandido - backup old west sites, high iron trash.

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Gannon
Date: December 05, 2017 10:08PM
Cant wait!

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT Max
FTY-18 7 silvers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login