Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: You'd think Minelab would take advantage of the Christmas season to increase sales and
Posted by: TomNH
Date: December 06, 2017 10:57AM
greenmeanie
Because not everything is about the NorthEast USA.
There are other parts of the world out there.

You gotta remember NH-VT-ME are the only place in the US that folks have no accent dont you know.
We also have almost every type of detecting. Ocean, colonial, gold, fields, super rich towns & poor ones,
big cities and endless woods......... All within a few hours. Something for everyone.
My grain of salt has been taken. When it comes out it comes out.

73 Tom
LFOD !

Re: before X-mas release?
Posted by: coherent
Date: December 06, 2017 11:37AM
Obviously no one here has checked with their magic 8-ball. Luckily I still have one from the 60's that still works so I just did... it said "more news end of the week" then "delivered by Dec 22nd"
There you go... you're welcome.

Re: You'd think Minelab would take advantage of the Christmas season to increase sales and
Posted by: BobOso
Date: December 06, 2017 05:33PM
TomNH
greenmeanie

You gotta remember NH-VT-ME are the only place in the US that folks have no accent dont you know.
We also have almost every type of detecting. Ocean, colonial, gold, fields, super rich towns & poor ones,
big cities and endless woods......... All within a few hours. Something for everyone.

73 Tom
LFOD !

No Accent? Please...I was born in Maine, but have never lived there. My parents were from NH and Maine, my father was in the service so we traveled. When he retired he moved back to NH, I finished my last 2 years of high school and almost failed, I had no idea what anyone was saying, after all most of my life was spent in the south, and Germany. When I was visiting my relatives all I could do is agree (I had no idea what they said either).

When I did finally finish high School I joined the Army just so I could be around people I could understand.after the Army I moved to Florida, and now Arizona. I did buy a metal detector while I was there in the mid 70's and cleaned out many parks for you.

What does the future hold?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 06, 2017 07:22PM
coherent
Obviously no one here has checked with their magic 8-ball. Luckily I still have one from the 60's that still works so I just did... it said "more news end of the week" then "delivered by Dec 22nd"
There you go... you're welcome.

Actually coherent, I gave the Magic 8 Ball a shake a few weeks ago. Times were desperate. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2408400,2408462#msg-2408462 The future of the Equinox was a little cloudy then. Glad things have 'cleared up' in the last couple weeks. :biggrin:

I am delighted to see that others have held onto their Magic 8 Balls and use them at times like this when a situation arises.

Rich (Utah)

Date: December 07, 2017 10:33AM
BobOso
TomNH
greenmeanie

73 Tom
LFOD !

No Accent? Please...I was born in Maine, but have never lived there. My parents were from NH and Maine, my father was in the service so we traveled. When he retired he moved back to NH, I finished my last 2 years of high school and almost failed, I had no idea what anyone was saying, after all most of my life was spent in the south, and Germany. When I was visiting my relatives all I could do is agree (I had no idea what they said either).

When I did finally finish high School I joined the Army just so I could be around people I could understand.after the Army I moved to Florida, and now Arizona. I did buy a metal detector while I was there in the mid 70's and cleaned out many parks for you.
Before your next trip north may I suggest Fritz Weatherbees "Speak New Hampshire" CD. See him on U tube also.
Once I was listening to a radio interview of a Brit scholar. He said the NE speaks almost the same way as colonial times. In fact its closer than
the Brits speak now. SO we are closest to true English......

Best wishes Tom
LFOD !

Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: December 07, 2017 10:39AM
Tom I couldn't have said it better!:super:

Posted by: BobOso
Date: December 07, 2017 12:55PM
I was not trying to insult anyone ,so if i did please accept my apologies. My last 2 years of high School were the worst 2 years of my life. Learning Vietnamese , German and Spanish was easier. An yes I spent 2 hours on a trolley trying to pick up a British Girl when I was 16, had no idea what she was saying either.

Posted by: coherent
Date: December 07, 2017 02:55PM
Didn't insult me, but then again I have no idea what you're talking about or what your comments have to do with this thread...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 02:56PM by coherent.

Date: December 07, 2017 06:43PM
BobOso
I was not trying to insult anyone ,so if i did please accept my apologies. My last 2 years of high School were the worst 2 years of my life. Learning Vietnamese , German and Spanish was easier. An yes I spent 2 hours on a trolley trying to pick up a British Girl when I was 16, had no idea what she was saying either.
LOL. No insult taken my friend ! Just putting some yankee humor in between the speculation & waiting.
Waiting for mud season to get mine (if I do) but having fun with the EQ already !

Tom
LFOD !

Posted by: nmarsh
Date: December 13, 2017 01:25PM
NO RELEASE OF THE EQUINOX 600 OR 800 DETECTORS BEFORE CHRISTIMAS. I just got off the phone talking to Minelab headquarters and they said the detectors will be out next year. I asked them if they knew which season they would be out they said they didn't know. Sounds to me like hopefully by the summer, I hope. Norman MARSH

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 13, 2017 02:26PM
nmarsh
NO RELEASE OF THE EQUINOX 600 OR 800 DETECTORS BEFORE CHRISTIMAS. I just got off the phone talking to Minelab headquarters and they said the detectors will be out next year. I asked them if they knew which season they would be out they said they didn't know. Sounds to me like hopefully by the summer, I hope. Norman MARSH

really? Are you a distributor for them? You claim to have info that not even the dealers have been told. I smell something.

Posted by: nmarsh
Date: December 13, 2017 07:59PM
Jason in Enid
nmarsh
No I am not a dealer for Minelab. I simply called Minelab headquarters and asked them when the Nox would come out and they said next year Don't believe me? Call them yourself and tells us all what you found out.

Santa Clause Ain't Comin' To Town?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 14, 2017 12:16AM
nmarsh
No I am not a dealer for Minelab. I simply called Minelab headquarters and asked them when the Nox would come out and they said next year. Don't believe me? Call them yourself and tells us all what you found out.

nmarsh!

Are you trying to tell me that Santa Clause isn't coming this YEAR? ! ! ! :ranting: Perhaps you chatted with one of Santa's 'Angry' Elves that didn't have the 'Christmas Spirit".

To tell you the truth, I am less about gifts and presents at Christmas than getting together and spending time as family. And, if they don't ship until after the new year, I won't feel obligated to rebox the Equinox (after running extensive bench testing on it), wrap it and put it under the tree with my own name on it. :blink:

Rich (Utah)

Posted by: jas415
Date: December 14, 2017 06:41AM
Jason Enid Ok, as you are a dealer are you going to the conference in early 18? Have you been told you would get 'dealer training' on the EQ at the conference? Does it make sense that dealers would get some training on the machine prior to release? Adding up the questions doesnt it seem logical that the machines may well be shipped 'after' dealer training?

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 14, 2017 08:50AM
jas415
Jason Enid Ok, as you are a dealer are you going to the conference in early 18? Have you been told you would get 'dealer training' on the EQ at the conference? Does it make sense that dealers would get some training on the machine prior to release? Adding up the questions doesnt it seem logical that the machines may well be shipped 'after' dealer training?

I'm not a dealer (too much time spent at other means of employment) but I keep constant lines of commo with several. So I can get first hand reports of when things are coming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login