Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Advantage 600 or 800
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: November 29, 2017 12:52PM
Still to see no claims of advances. For me the 600 would be fine because I do no prospecting but exactly what is this detector supposed to do better than my two Etracs.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Re: Advantage 600 or 800
Posted by: Nuke em
Date: November 29, 2017 01:13PM
For me i want the 800 . Then i have all the settings and all capabilities for all sites. Its only another £200 . But i might only buy 1 machine for the moment till i have tested it properly . Then order another later .

Uses = Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters , Minelab E.Trac for sale .

Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: November 29, 2017 02:15PM
All the info is on the Minelab site, but there are some significant differences between the two machines, making the 800 a good choice for advanced users:

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 29, 2017 05:40PM
Whats it’s SUPPOSED to do better and what it’s GOING to do better is a subject most people are waiting to see initial results of,myself included.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 29, 2017 06:19PM
daddyflea
Still to see no claims of advances. For me the 600 would be fine because I do no prospecting but exactly what is this detector supposed to do better than my two Etracs.

Where has minelab said that any equinox will outperform an E-Trac in any category other than weight?

One thing I sure miss about my E-Trac is the X-1 probe I had on it!

Date: November 29, 2017 06:23PM
Jason in Enid
daddyflea

Where has minelab said that any equinox will outperform an E-Trac in any category other than weight?

One thing I sure miss about my E-Trac is the X-1 probe I had on it!

That is what I miss about my V3i the Sunray probe. Not much else. I dont have an X-1 myself sure wish someone would start making them again.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Lesche digger

Posted by: goodmore
Date: November 29, 2017 08:32PM
Minelab better be able to out perform their 12 year old detector model or they will never hear the end of the ridicule. Separation better be a mass improvement. Depth maybe close to the same. The E Trac is like swinging a cinder block so we know that will be better. I'm expecting the new detector to be a very good performer.

Date: November 29, 2017 08:37PM
goodmore
Minelab better be able to out perform their 12 year old detector model or they will never hear the end of the ridicule. Separation better be a mass improvement. Depth maybe close to the same. The E Trac is like swinging a cinder block so we know that will be better. I'm expecting the new detector to be a very good performer.

I hope you are right but it seems like someone would at least make that claim.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Lesche digger

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: November 30, 2017 08:38AM
Recovery speed for one.

XP DEUS
NOX 800

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: November 30, 2017 08:39AM
Pinpointers are the new probes.

XP DEUS
NOX 800

Posted by: Southwind
Date: November 30, 2017 11:39AM
I have two expectations.

1.) Weight. This we know is real.
2.) 40 kHz. This is why I'm going 800. I have done a good amount of testing and while multi-frequency works pretty good, running a single high frequency is better. Much better.

I used my DFX as an example for a video I did for Youtube. I show a good $100 piece of 14k gold necklace that I run across my coil in Best Data/multi-frequency mode and nothing. Switch to single 15 kHz and the chain sings like a fat lady. I'm hoping the single 40 KHz of the 800 will do the same for the Equinox. If so, I'm down to one detector finally.

The thing that bothers me is I have yet to see even one of the NOX *cough* "Testers" show what it can do on gold. Generally that means "Nothing to see here."

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 11:43AM by Southwind.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 30, 2017 01:11PM
Southwind
I have two expectations.

1.) Weight. This we know is real.
2.) 40 kHz. This is why I'm going 800. I have done a good amount of testing and while multi-frequency works pretty good, running a single high frequency is better. Much better.

I used my DFX as an example for a video I did for Youtube. I show a good $100 piece of 14k gold necklace that I run across my coil in Best Data/multi-frequency mode and nothing. Switch to single 15 kHz and the chain sings like a fat lady. I'm hoping the single 40 KHz of the 800 will do the same for the Equinox. If so, I'm down to one detector finally.

The thing that bothers me is I have yet to see even one of the NOX *cough* "Testers" show what it can do on gold. Generally that means "Nothing to see here."

Yeah, I understand where youre coming from on the tester releases, but I just cant fathom a single freq 40khz detector NOT responding to gold like a fat kid in a candy shop. The concept scares me a little to think of trying it in turf, but I have a few fw beaches I can't wait to try it on!

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: November 30, 2017 04:59PM
:rofl:

but I just cant fathom a single freq 40khz detector NOT responding to gold like a fat kid in a candy shop.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 30, 2017 06:46PM
greenmeanie
Pinpointers are the new probes.

A new CTX probe that had all of the functions of the machine...but WIRELESS...dear GOD that would be something! And EXPENSIVE!:lol:

Posted by: bigelow
Date: November 30, 2017 08:18PM
no doubt in my mind gold will sing at the 40khz range (Goldmonster is about 45khz i believe and they found that range to be ideal for gold) , the problem with those high frequencies though is you will be finding microscopic chunks of foil and similar lol I own a Fisher GB2 71khz have even hunted parks with it testing and it will drive you nuts, but the Equinox at least has discrimination settings as it is not a dedicated gold machine. I am buying the 800 Equinox becasue it should perform like the Gold monster but will have the option of hunting other things besides gold.

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login