Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: This looks promising..... someone did water hunt with the Equinox.....
Posted by: midalake
Date: December 17, 2017 04:03PM
OK don't post it...post the site!

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 17, 2017 04:16PM
midalake

It is a violation of findmall rules to link or list any other metal detecting forum

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 17, 2017 04:19PM
Jason in Enid
midalake

It is a violation of findmall rules to link or list any other metal detecting forum

Yes .Going by what i read sometime last week on a thread.

Uses = 2 x Minelab E.Trac + RNB 3100/3400 battery packs , Minelab Equinox 800 + 6 in and 15 in coils + Carbon Fibre stems , XP ORX , Minelab 35 Probe , Garrett Carrot x 2 , Gray Ghost / Nugget Buster NDT Headphones x 6

Posted by: pasttom
Date: December 17, 2017 06:49PM
:unsure:
I perceive a crying need for increased dietary fiber. Come on it's Christmas.

Pastor Tom
A Tarsacci MDT 8000, an Equinox 800 and ORX/Deus
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

And of course as we all know . . . . .
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: December 17, 2017 08:42PM

Re: And of course as we all know . . . . .
Posted by: pacer
Date: December 17, 2017 09:40PM
Of course, I believe it.

Posted by: cjc
Date: December 18, 2017 06:39PM
Sorry--don't have a lot of patience for the "half-baked". All this highly censured information is worse than none.
cjc

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 19, 2017 04:25AM
Clive ....... i was kind of hoping the tester who left yesterday to hunt in Hawaii would post a water hunt. Now i have to ask....... what if he finds a problem? Will it be disregarded ..... and machines shipped out anyway.... like the CTX was? Mis-information can be a great seller of products........ as can almost information apparently.

I also looked at the EQs disc rating...... three stars compared to the ET with 4 and the CTX with 5. Not sure how they determine disc. .... but its ability to NOTCH, recover, set up a pattern.....apparently its not by its ability to pick thru junk with a faster processor. Again, im confused.

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Date: December 19, 2017 08:29AM
dewcon4414
Clive ....... i was kind of hoping the tester who left yesterday to hunt in Hawaii would post a water hunt. Now i have to ask....... what if he finds a problem? Will it be disregarded ..... and machines shipped out anyway.... like the CTX was? Mis-information can be a great seller of products........ as can almost information apparently.

I also looked at the EQs disc rating...... three stars compared to the ET with 4 and the CTX with 5. Not sure how they determine disc. .... but its ability to NOTCH, recover, set up a pattern.....apparently its not by its ability to pick thru junk with a faster processor. Again, im confused.

Your forgetting one thing. Its a mid range machine with some extras from high end types. Its not a CTX or ET. But I think going by info I have that it will work better than we think.

Uses = 2 x Minelab E.Trac + RNB 3100/3400 battery packs , Minelab Equinox 800 + 6 in and 15 in coils + Carbon Fibre stems , XP ORX , Minelab 35 Probe , Garrett Carrot x 2 , Gray Ghost / Nugget Buster NDT Headphones x 6

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 19, 2017 01:30PM
Yeah, Dewcon, I'm pretty sure that "three stars" simply is a marketing thing, where they are "sliding that machine" in there, into a slot in their lineup. In other words -- it doesn't have "target trace," it only has one number (CO) versus two, and thus, it's "not as good of a discriminator," from a marketing perspective. But, you and I know that that may or may not be the complete story, "in the field." Because, for instance, if machine "A" is gives more accurate/stable ID numbers, and it's tones/audio "communicate" better target info to our ears than machine "B" which has more "bells and whistles," so to speak, which machine is ACTUALLY the "better discriminator?"

With that said, though, I will admit that I do have a hard time in my mind trying to figure out how we aren't "losing something," without the FE information available. I'm open for the machine to "surprise me" in that regard, and "show me" why I don't need both numbers, or the 2-D screen that goes with it, but I am admittedly skeptical. (Skeptical of the idea that we won't miss having 2-D information, NOT skeptical about the machine overall; I really think the Equinox is going to thrill the optimists, and surprise the skeptics)...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: December 19, 2017 02:26PM
sgoss66
Yeah, Dewcon, I'm pretty sure that "three stars" simply is a marketing thing, where they are "sliding that machine" in there, into a slot in their lineup. In other words -- it doesn't have "target trace," it only has one number (CO) versus two, and thus, it's "not as good of a discriminator," from a marketing perspective. But, you and I know that that may or may not be the complete story, "in the field." Because, for instance, if machine "A" is gives more accurate/stable ID numbers, and it's tones/audio "communicate" better target info to our ears than machine "B" which has more "bells and whistles," so to speak, which machine is ACTUALLY the "better discriminator?"

With that said, though, I will admit that I do have a hard time in my mind trying to figure out how we aren't "losing something," without the FE information available. I'm open for the machine to "surprise me" in that regard, and "show me" why I don't need both numbers, or the 2-D screen that goes with it, but I am admittedly skeptical. (Skeptical of the idea that we won't miss having 2-D information, NOT skeptical about the machine overall; I really think the Equinox is going to thrill the optimists, and surprise the skeptics)...

Steve

If you have owned both the Terra 705 and an FBS then you will have a bit of bot in the Equinox .

You cannot compare this machine to the ET or CTX or in ways the Terra but it will out perform all those in some ways due to speed .
The Deus has awful tones and 1 set of jumpy numbers but people like it , and it costs more.

Date: December 19, 2017 04:54PM
sgoss66

Steve

The way I look at the issue, All of my CTX finds all have an FE reading higher (lower number) than 20. Even though my FE line in combined is set at 27, nothing but iron ever registered below. There was never any "grey area" they were either good FE numbers or not. Maybe I just just didn't have anything deep enough to blur that line. But I could have effectively had a single CO readout for everything above that Iron line because the FE number didn't matter (with the exception of crown caps which have a very low FE number which makes them stand out) .

Posted by: Mr. Carolina
Date: December 19, 2017 06:13PM
Maybe this machine isn't aimed at the seasoned detectorist such as you guys, but rather is aimed at the weekender middle of the barrel detectorist so to speak. Maybe the Equinox is to the 705 as the CTX was to the eTrack. All and all though, they are struggling with somthing, be it, firmware, or production, but somthing.

Minelab CTX, Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Minelab Excalibur Sword
Whites Dual Field, Vallon VMH3CS, Makro Multi Kruzer,Minelab Equinox 800 Tarsacci MDT 8000
DiAblo sand scoop

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 19, 2017 07:01PM
Jason in Enid
sgoss66

Steve

The way I look at the issue, All of my CTX finds all have an FE reading higher (lower number) than 20. Even though my FE line in combined is set at 27, nothing but iron ever registered below. There was never any "grey area" they were either good FE numbers or not. Maybe I just just didn't have anything deep enough to blur that line. But I could have effectively had a single CO readout for everything above that Iron line because the FE number didn't matter (with the exception of crown caps which have a very low FE number which makes them stand out) .

Jason, I hear you, and have thought the same thing at times. In other words, in a hypothetical ideal world, if the Equinox were to be SO accurate that ALL good targets would fall right at FE 12, then I suppose it could be argued that the "12" becomes somewhat unnecessary. You could, for instance, insert a line of code that says if FE is not equal to 12, then it's a "bad" target, so give the target a conductive ID number <0 (i.e. -9 to -1). Now, that is idealized, of course, but perhaps the machine has ways within the ID circuitry to allow us to deal with the "lack" of an FE number...

Steve

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: December 19, 2017 08:13PM
It wouldn't have to be targets that just fall on the 12 line, it could be all targets that read above the 27 line (or 25, or 20, or whatever line they picked) get shown. ML already said that the EQ is based on separation of the FE and CO aspects of the target along with the removal of the FE portion of the ground response.

We just have to wait and see how well it does. Are you ready for this hard winter freeze coming? News channel weather is showing many inches of snow for my area next week (but we know how they like to exaggerate) IF it does, I've got 3 ricks of wood ready!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login