Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Veteran Discount
Posted by: laplander
Date: December 13, 2017 07:57PM
Rick {lytle 78} asked an honest question so I pursued it a bit and here is a link with the answer https://www.minelab.com/consumer/where-to-buy/where-to-buy/current-promotions
HH
Jeff

Re: Veteran Discount
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 13, 2017 08:02PM
" This discount is not available in conjunction with other special promotions or individual dealer concessions. " aka this comes out of the dealers pocket

Posted by: Possum
Date: December 13, 2017 08:34PM
I pre-ordered my Equinox 800 on the 27th of November from Kellyco and had absolutely no problem with the sales person giving me a 15% veterans discount with proof of my honorable discharge.

"D"

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. Ernest Hemingway

“For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.” Romans 13:4

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 13, 2017 09:51PM
just a thought but why not make this a sticky this questions comes up often , so can I broker a deal then get 15% of that price?

AJ

Posted by: Possum
Date: December 15, 2017 01:36AM
amberjack
just a thought but why not make this a sticky this questions comes up often , so can I broker a deal then get 15% of that price?

AJ

From what I was told Minelab USA will extend the veterans discount off of their retail selling price, to all honorably discharged veterans. That's the way it was explained to me....:shrug:

"D"

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. Ernest Hemingway

“For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer.” Romans 13:4

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 15, 2017 06:05AM
Obviously as a buyer........ do i care who sucks it up? Now as a shop........ if im sucking it up, im just as likely to give the same discount. If ML is paying...... that leave room for the shop to still negotiate this type of discount to everyone. Win for everyone. Was this given to Vets overseas as well?

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2017 06:10AM by dewcon4414.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 15, 2017 08:28AM
the problem with the way its being implemented is that is useless and only a "feel good" discount. I have been getting more than 15% off MAP from every dealer I have dealt with since I began buying. So for ML to offer this "discount" that can't be combined, isn't coming from ML's end of the deal, and only comes off the MAP price, it's useless. As a 22 year vet I'd love an additional discount, but everyone can already get more without offering up DD-214

Posted by: lytle78
Date: December 15, 2017 08:44AM
In this situation the Vet discount is a good deal. I agree that for less “in demand” models, it isn’t such a good deal.

Anybody who gets a dealer to knock 15% off of MAP on an Equinox anytime in the next 6 months will Be very lucky Dealers have folks standing in line eager to get one and pay full MAP - in advance even.

Until the “pipeline” is filled and initial demand/enthusiasm is satisfied - a dealer would be nuts to give a discount. Impossible - no - likely - I doubt it.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 15, 2017 12:05PM
Rick........ yes i see your point about the machine being VERY popular, but id be amazed if dealers didnt give a similar discount. .....known as the family and friend discount lol. I dont remember ever paying full price for a detector. this one may be different. So does it just sound good to say Vets get a discount?

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: December 15, 2017 03:27PM
If I should decide to get the Equinox or any other Minelab detector I will talk to a dealer that I have done business with in the past and let him tell me what the straight scoop about the Veterans Discount actually encompasses.

He is a man that is Honest and I trust him to give me the best deal possible just as he has in the past He is also a very likable individual and I have had the privilege of being in his home and he and his wife made me feel more than welcome.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login