Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: The great Equinox conspiracy.
Posted by: ohiochris
Date: December 15, 2017 07:38PM
Its not as if they lied to anybody , they always said they would like to release it sooner but it would probably be Jan. or Feb. The possibility that it may be sooner has obviously upset some people since it didn't happen , but hey......Minelab never stated it was for sure releasing in December. They are not yet late in releasing this detector. Its been this long , surely another month of waiting shouldn't hurt anybody. Be patient , and who knows , maybe the rumors of new machines coming out from other manufacturers in 2018 will give you some other nice options before you jump on the EQ ? .....or make you regret pre ordering it LOL..... For me the wait isn't much of an issue , since I haven't figured out how to fit an EQ into the budget. Could be I have to save for a while , my wife already rolled her eyes and walked away when I brought it up and for her that's as good as saying " keep on dreaming buddy ". But she keeps seeing me drooling over this detector so I haven't given up hope yet , though I'm probably gonna have to spend all next summer hunting clad like a madman to come up with most of it. I'm anxiously awaiting some real reviews , but the more time they have had to perfect this machine the better.

Posted by: coinspader
Date: December 15, 2017 10:32PM
Have you tried to sell a mid priced detector lately? I have tried selling a few different machines lately and nobody is biting, they are all waiting for the be all end all detector from minelab thats supposed to make all others obsolete. It seems like its killing the secondary market on mid priced detectors. IMHO.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 16, 2017 01:16AM
Exactly right, coinspader. In my case -- I just sold an Explorer SE Pro, finally, which I've been trying to sell for like 10 days. That may not sound like a lot, but it wasn't that long ago an Explorer was good as gone, if you priced it right. I ended up having to lower the price several times, and STILL couldn't get anyone on the forums to bite -- even lowering it to $399! It finally sold on @#$%&, but for MUCH less than would have been the case even 6 months ago...

The Equinox, however, has not only had an effect on the "used" market (in my opinion), it's having an even larger effect (my opinion) on the NEW market. First Texas slashed prices on their top end machines, and I think other manufacturers are going to have to follow suit -- with current, AND with NEW offerings. I would like to think that, at least for awhile, the days of $2500 VLF coin/relic units are OVER.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: ohiochris
Date: December 16, 2017 01:55AM
coinspader
Have you tried to sell a mid priced detector lately? I have tried selling a few different machines lately and nobody is biting, they are all waiting for the be all end all detector from minelab thats supposed to make all others obsolete. It seems like its killing the secondary market on mid priced detectors. IMHO.

Yup , its killing the market on anything that isn't a Minelab EQ , new or used. But you cant blame anybody really , who wouldn't want to wait and check this thing out before buying something else ? ......even if not necessarily interested in the EQ at the moment. If it don't make all other detectors obsolete , it will atleast make them all very cheap to buy LOL....

Posted by: goodmore
Date: December 16, 2017 07:09AM
The people that have failed to sell their old detectors will soon realize they waited too long. This Equinox detector has already changed the hobby and used market prices. Minelab needs to realize that they also killed their own sales of other models. The ETRAC, Excalibur, and yes the CTX are all going to suffer. Even the 705's will become stagnant in sales. Change to expensive gold coils when I can just change to 40 mHz? The used detector market has changed very quickly indeed. So has the new one. F75? AT Max? Even the Impact and Deus!l top selling detectors that were revered for performance and dollar value. The only conspiracy is killing the value of other detectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2017 07:11AM by goodmore.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 16, 2017 07:20AM
can anybody translate?video: https://youtu.be/KCDlUUEqIto

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: December 16, 2017 08:33AM
Click on the settings star at bottom right of vid....click on subtitles or translate ..keep messing with it till you can stroll down to English

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 16, 2017 08:49AM
No but this will help with the pain.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7cuAjArRs

AJ

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 16, 2017 08:51AM
that's to cool thanks

Posted by: Pyledriver
Date: December 16, 2017 09:02AM
Alas, the Equinox appears now to be the EquiNOT! Lol... The one good thing about this ridiculously long wait time is that I’ve decided not to sell any machines in order to ‘make room’ for the next magic wand in my arsenal. Not (or nox?) saying I won’t buy one, but a Deus in one hand Excal in the other..well that’s pretty hard to beat! Till such time, lurking and waiting for user reviews is time better spent in the goldfields while the weather is beautiful! Oh, that’s where my SDC shines! Now THAT one was definitely worth waiting for!

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
C. S. Lewis

Posted by: seahunter34
Date: December 16, 2017 01:27PM
I'm with Minelab and always will be! No other machine brand has even come as close finding as much gold, platinum and silver jewelry in the sea for me- NONE! Thank you Minelab and for always thinking outside the box when it comes to detector technology. Those disappointed with the Equinox release should just cancel their pre-orders.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: December 16, 2017 02:59PM
So as part of this "conspiracy/non-conspiracy" as some say, two major events has happened.

1. The site I was referring to with the release date of 12/17 changed it to "canceled" on 12/15. As of today, it changed again. It REMOVED all recent Minelab (fake?)news stories.

2. The Minelab website has been down since last night.

These are very unusual events.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2017 03:02PM by Beyonder.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 16, 2017 03:05PM
Beyonder
So as part of this "conspiracy/non-conspiracy" as some say, two major events has happened.

1. The site I was referring to with the release date of 12/17 changed it to "canceled" on 12/15. As of today, it changed again. It REMOVED all recent Minelab (fake?)news stories.

2. The Minelab website has been down since last night.

These are very unusual events.

wow, that is odd that they removed all the recent equinox posts. I'm still sticking with my theory that Minelab has pulled a "Tommy Thompson" on us, LOL

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 16, 2017 07:49PM
Ponzi :buds:

AJ

My 2 Cents.....
Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: December 16, 2017 08:31PM
First let me say that Minelab dealers are the very last to know anything about a product or release date.

A couple of factors to consider:

Minelab: With all the anticipation on the forums, THE MACHINE HAS TO BE RIGHT FROM DAY 1 !!!!!!!
Minelab: With all the advertising claims, THE MACHINE HAS TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER !!!!!

With the 2 above things mentioned, time is secondary to Minelab.....

For those waiting: The issue of supply and demand comes into play.... are you 1st, 2nd maybe 3rd on a waiting list or are you number 15 ?
If you are higher on a dealer's list, the wait could be longer

Please, no flames, just thinking out loud... Richard