Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Getting in The last word. . . . . .
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 14, 2017 09:10PM
While everybody is here, I'd like to take this chance to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to reading of your detecting adventures in the upcoming year.

As always, pics and accompanied stories are appreciated.

I hope each of you get to do a little research and planning to boost the anticipation of this next year.

Regards,

Rich (Utah)

EQ800
Deus
CoRe

Re: The great Equinox conspiracy.
Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: December 15, 2017 12:48AM
I wonder if Minelab didn't release any info on this machine until it was finally ready to be released like they have done on a few detectors that the dealer didn't even know about. Being most cant detect in the northern parts as the weather and start their search for other detector and bought one of other brands only to find out about this new detector Minelab came out with?? I don't think they would be very happy, but now we know Minelab is coming out with this new detector so they will wait until it is out before they decide on it or something else. I would rather hear about it before it comes out, but realize that it may take a while longer as what was figured to make sure it is correct the first time.
Many of us can only do our research right now so we cant get out with it anyway so it is no big deal other than we cant buy right now. This give the field testers more time to make sure the software is right.
I still feel as I did before that it will be March or close to it before these will be actually released because they want to get as many made for the order they have right now here in the USA and feel they will be released in the UK first. I hope I am wrong and they get released before the first of the year.

Rick

Sovereign GT since 1996
the Minelab Equinox 800 since March 2018
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them all

Posted by: Hello
Date: December 15, 2017 06:57AM
Posted by: Beyonder
Date: December 15, 2017 07:57AM
Well, as of today my ground is like concrete and my season is over. Okay Minelab, that's your que to release the machine.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 15, 2017 08:35AM
Posted by: GKMan
Date: December 15, 2017 09:04AM
Beyonder
Well, as of today my ground is like concrete and my season is over. Okay Minelab, that's your que to release the machine.

Ha, yeah here too... We will take one for the team.. Unleash the Equinox....

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 15, 2017 11:23AM
When I first saw it was very excited as time has went on and no info well the excitement has faded ALOT..... if obsoletes all single vlf detectors then leak some info on it. I get it needs to be right when its released but isn't the detecting world the only place a company gets by with showing you something and then saying we will get it to you when we get it ready... so if I pre order it might be a 2 weeks or 6 months before I get my detector ! Just saying.

Date: December 15, 2017 11:51AM
No, that happens with lots of things. Big release parties, major press, demos, lots of hands-on. They usually don't give hard release dates. Some time they give rough timelines and sometimes they miss those. It happens with cars, video games, phones, cameras.... just because you don't follow those areas like a fanboy (like we all do with our detectors) you would never know. You think XBOX gamers know anything about the waiting for the newest DEUS coil, or the latest Tesoro, or this Equinox?

Posted by: Des D
Date: December 15, 2017 11:56AM
calabash digger
When I first saw it was very excited as time has went on and no info well the excitement has faded ALOT..... if obsoletes all single vlf detectors then leak some info on it. I get it needs to be right when its released but isn't the detecting world the only place a company gets by with showing you something and then saying we will get it to you when we get it ready... so if I pre order it might be a 2 weeks or 6 months before I get my detector ! Just saying.

"I was X cited as well! And I used work for them so I know it'll be good ( how good we don't yet know?)

But as the weeks turned into months waiting for it, I turned my attention to my 'DEUS', and I have had a long hot/cold affair with it for many 'a year'
Heck, I even upgraded it to V.4.0
And I can honestly say, right now it suits my hunting requirements to a T as I'm predominantly searching open farm fields that have had crops taken off and they are in stubble waiting to be plowed which, will probably happen in February 2018

On a lot of fields that I have permissions on and on some friends permissions, I can walk hundreds of feet without a signal with the exception of stray ferrous junk.
That is easy to identify with the Iron Volume and I just tune in to the other stuff!

So I'm quite happy for now thank you very much!"

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 15, 2017 03:23PM
that's true and funny. They probably know about as much as I do about what new game is coming out.. lol
Jason in Enid
No, that happens with lots of things. Big release parties, major press, demos, lots of hands-on. They usually don't give hard release dates. Some time they give rough timelines and sometimes they miss those. It happens with cars, video games, phones, cameras.... just because you don't follow those areas like a fanboy (like we all do with our detectors) you would never know. You think XBOX gamers know anything about the waiting for the newest DEUS coil, or the latest Tesoro, or this Equinox?

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: December 15, 2017 03:23PM
I spent nearly 14 years in the Retail Trade. Companies would announce new products and months later we would get them in the store. A Prime example is a Major Firearms Manufacturer announced that it had a new semi-automatic shotgun that would shoot All lengths of 12 Ga shot shells without having to make any changes to the firearm.

They invited a group of sporting good buyers from major companies to a Dove Hunt in South Georgia. When the Dove started flying it was found that not a single one of the Latest Greatest Shotguns would eject the lower powered shell designed for Dove Hunting So in essence they had a single shot shotgun that carried more shells than the typical single shot shotgun. The manufacturer immediately let those of us who sold there products that the release would be delayed and the reason behind the delay.

It took the company nearly six months before they were able to get the problem solved where the gun would actually do what they advertised. Once they the problems corrected it was a very popular firearm.

I currently would not want to be a Minelab Dealer with all the Secrecy that Minelab seems to feel is necessary. A SWAG from minelab as to when they think the machine might be ready certainly would calm a lot of anxious potential buyers. But No Minelab chooses to keep us all in the dark.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 15, 2017 03:46PM
Des D

"I was X cited as well! And I used work for them so I know it'll be good ( how good we don't yet know?)

But as the weeks turned into months waiting for it, I turned my attention to my 'DEUS', and I have had a long hot/cold affair with it for many 'a year'
Heck, I even upgraded it to V.4.0
And I can honestly say, right now it suits my hunting requirements to a T as I'm predominantly searching open farm fields that have had crops taken off and they are in stubble waiting to be plowed which, will probably happen in February 2018

On a lot of fields that I have permissions on and on some friends permissions, I can walk hundreds of feet without a signal with the exception of stray ferrous junk.
That is easy to identify with the Iron Volume and I just tune in to the other stuff!

So I'm quite happy for now thank you very much!"

Des,

It's a good thing you didn't sell all of your other detectors (I'm betting that would take some doing btw) so you could acquire an Equinox. It seems there was a wave of panic amongst some detectorists that the detector(s) that were their pride and joy were suddenly of little or no value with the pending release of the Equinox. The classifieds have been full of detectors For Sale.

Should Minelab require more time before putting the Equinox on the shelves, those that shed themselves of 'obsolete' detectors could be left looking to borrow a detector as the wait continues.

Rich

EQ800
Deus
CoRe

Date: December 15, 2017 03:50PM
GeorgeinSC
But No Minelab chooses to keep us all in the dark.

I think they are in a no-win situation with this. They're trying to skirt the razor's edge with getting the latest toy to the store shelves as absolutely fast as possible. So they issue a general expected release time based on their projection timelines. But something happens and now they've missed the mark. So, do they issue a new timeline and risk even more customer wrath if they miss that one too, or do they go silent and it will be out when its ready? Damned if they, damned if they don't.

Date: December 15, 2017 04:05PM
Rich (Utah)

It's a good thing you didn't sell all of your other detectors (I'm betting that would take some doing btw) so you could acquire an Equinox. It seems there was a wave of panic amongst some detectorists that the detector(s) that were their pride and joy were suddenly of little or no value with the pending release of the Equinox. The classifieds have been full of detectors For Sale.

Should Minelab require more time before putting the Equinox on the shelves, those that shed themselves of 'obsolete' detectors could be left looking to borrow a detector as the wait continues.

Rich

anyone who treats detectors like speculator's investments are bound to get burned! I think a lot of the sales we see are the typical beginning of winter sell offs.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: December 15, 2017 05:54PM
GeorgeinSC
..... A SWAG from minelab as to when they think the machine might be ready certainly would calm a lot of anxious potential buyers. But No Minelab chooses to keep us all in the dark.

I think its Brilliant Marketing. I mean, just look at all the gnashing of teeth that is going on here alone. Then think about how much one would have to pay for that kind of publicity. + they are reaching their exact target audience too.

Banned this clown for calling Windy City a crook in detector sales and from pm he sent me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login