Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Minelab Equinox vs. The E-TRAC
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 24, 2017 10:23AM
Southwind
I really don't see the Equinox making any other detector "obsolete". Heck, look at the Compadre. Still doing just fine in a world of high tech detectors that makes the Compadre look like a horse and buggy on the Autobahn.

I still think even the E-Trac/CTX will continue to remain at the top.

Yeah, but "obsolete" doesn't mean "no longer functions". My Ford F-150 makes a Model T Obsolete, but the model T will still do what it always did. What part of a waterproof, lightweight, rechargeable, adjustable single frequency or multi freq without changing coils does not make all the other single frequency detectors "obsolete" Can any other VLF detector do ALL those things?

I agree its a bit cheezy to claim it will "obsolete" others, but its a brilliant marketing ploy. Look at how much conversation is has created!

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 24, 2017 11:13AM
Southwind
I really don't see the Equinox making any other detector "obsolete". Heck, look at the Compadre. Still doing just fine in a world of high tech detectors that makes the Compadre look like a horse and buggy on the Autobahn.

What do you mean remain ? They are the top end machines .

Why again is there so many that think the Equinox is the new be all and do all bestist perfect machine that nothing else beats ?

The Equinox is a mid range machine . Thats it . Its come out to bash Garrett and XP . Its not out to bash ET or CTX machines.

Minelab said it is going to make all single freq machines obsolete . Has no one seen through their pitch yet ?
They have done it to make people talk about the Equinox and stop them buying any other machine till the Equinox is out .

Fine for Minelab but it kills sales targets for the dealers that are having a *hi* time trying to do business at a time that should be busy .

The big problem now is there are too many makes and to many machines out there trying to get a small amount of people to buy them .

And remember that the Equinox was released in the UK , a place Minelab has struggled to sell in since the Deus came out , looks it anyway! .
If the Equinox works as said ? Then its the Deus its going head to head with not the CTX or ET .

On Faceache on a certain section there seems to be a war going on about the Equinox , cant say whats being said as i dont frequent that crap site anymore , Forums are better .
It all looks like people are going crazy trying to defend their machines against a machine that hasn't been released yet , Minelab is having a field day and must be laughing like Hell . I hope for their sake the Equinox works as they say , I hope so too . I need lightweight machines .

Stop comparing the CTX to the Equinox .

Its like comparing a Destroyer to a Frigate . They have different jobs and do their jobs just fine .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: December 24, 2017 11:44AM
Nuke em

Why again is there so many that think the Equinox is the new be all and do all bestist perfect machine that nothing else beats ?

The Equinox is a mid range machine . Thats it . Its come out to bash Garrett and XP . Its not out to bash ET or CTX machines.

I think the extremely high expectations is based on the details of the features. Because it has a multi-freq, people are hoping for FBS-like performance on ground minerals (which ML has said it exceeds at) and since it has adjustable recovery speeds with demonstrated abilities on par with the DEUS for single freqs people are hoping for similar abilities there too. Then add to those things that its single freqs can go almost as low as the base freq of FBS and high enough for a gold hunter, it opens up so many possibilities. Add in that its waterproof and its like icing on the cake.

So when we look at all those POSSIBILITIES rolled together I can see why people expect it to be "the best". I am one of those and I hope my expectations are met. If it turns out the CTX is a tiny bit deeper on silver, so be it. I will have both to fill whatever roll I need for a specific hunt.

Date: December 24, 2017 11:49AM
I think its all getting pretty damned silly all this comparing stuff . there are only a few test machines out there in the hands of a few fairly secretive people right now .

I hope the machine comes out on time or maybe we will need the UN to help calm everyone down !

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: December 24, 2017 11:55AM
Nuke em
I think its all getting pretty damned silly all this comparing stuff . there are only a few test machines out there in the hands of a few fairly secretive people right now .

I hope the machine comes out on time or maybe we will need the UN to help calm everyone down !

LOL, thats funny on many levels!

Date: December 24, 2017 12:06PM
Actually the UN couldn't calm down a mill pond .

Posted by: kajunman
Date: December 25, 2017 05:34AM
Nuke em
Southwind

What do you mean remain ? They are the top end machines .

Minelab said it is going to make all single freq machines obsolete . Has no one seen through their pitch yet ?
They have done it to make people talk about the Equinox and stop them buying any other machine till the Equinox is out .

Fine for Minelab but it kills sales targets for the dealers that are having a *hi* time trying to do business at a time that should be busy .

The big problem now is there are too many makes and to many machines out there trying to get a small amount of people to buy them .

And remember that the Equinox was released in the UK , a place Minelab has struggled to sell in since the Deus came out , looks it anyway! .
If the Equinox works as said ? Then its the Deus its going head to head with not the CTX or ET .

On Faceache on a certain section there seems to be a war going on about the Equinox , cant say whats being said as i dont frequent that crap site anymore , Forums are better .
It all looks like people are going crazy trying to defend their machines against a machine that hasn't been released yet , Minelab is having a field day and must be laughing like Hell . I hope for their sake the Equinox works as they say , I hope so too . I need lightweight machines .

Stop comparing the CTX to the Equinox .

Its like comparing a Destroyer to a Frigate . They have different jobs and do their jobs just fine .

The obsolete term is way over the top by Minelab. My wife can buy a $5.00 purse at Wal Mart or a $5000.00 Fendi purse. They will carry the same stuff. My wife isn't buying the 5k purse. Same with the Nox. Some will never spend that much on a detector. Interesting part about the OP, the Max is now the best selling detector. Detector technology like anything else will continue to evolve. By this time next year there will likely be a "new magic wand" on the market.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 05:35AM by kajunman.

Date: December 25, 2017 06:07AM
kajunman

My wife can buy a $5.00 purse at Wal Mart or a $5000.00 Fendi purse. They will carry the same stuff. ........ By this time next year there will likely be a "new magic wand" on the market.

You are confusing brand name with function. All purses do the same thing, they are a bag with pockets. Please list ONE other VLF detector that can change frequency without changing the coil, AND can run single or multi freqs, AND is fully functional on salt beaches, AND is waterproof, AND is capable of updating software without sending it in to the manufacturer.

Can you name one? Or has the EQ really eclipsed all those other VLF like that brilliant MARKETING tactic claims? I can tell you it was marketing genius because look at how many people it has talking!

Date: December 25, 2017 07:00AM
Jason in Enid
kajunman

My wife can buy a $5.00 purse at Wal Mart or a $5000.00 Fendi purse. They will carry the same stuff. ........ By this time next year there will likely be a "new magic wand" on the market.

You are confusing brand name with function. All purses do the same thing, they are a bag with pockets. Please list ONE other VLF detector that can change frequency without changing the coil, AND can run single or multi freqs, AND is fully functional on salt beaches, AND is waterproof, AND is capable of updating software without sending it in to the manufacturer.

Can you name one? Or has the EQ really eclipsed all those other VLF like that brilliant MARKETING tactic claims? I can tell you it was marketing genius because look at how many people it has talking!

I'm not confused at all. All metal detectors detect metal. Some are better than others, doesn't change the fact they all detect metal. You obviously missed the point.

Or has the EQ really eclipsed all those other VLF like that brilliant MARKETING tactic claims? And the Max is still the best selling detector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 07:03AM by kajunman.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 25, 2017 08:51AM
I think it started out "has the potential to obsolete all single frequency detectors" then they went to hell with it in for a penny in for a pound and said "obsoletes all single frequency detectors" my question is does that mean it obsoletes itself ? :poke:

AJ

Date: December 25, 2017 10:53AM
amberjack
I think it started out "has the potential to obsolete all single frequency detectors" then they went to hell with it in for a penny in for a pound and said "obsoletes all single frequency detectors" my question is does that mean it obsoletes itself ? :poke:

AJ

:clapping: :crylol: :crazy:

Date: December 25, 2017 10:58AM
kajunman

I'm not confused at all. All metal detectors detect metal. Some are better than others, doesn't change the fact they all detect metal. You obviously missed the point.

Or has the EQ really eclipsed all those other VLF like that brilliant MARKETING tactic claims? And the Max is still the best selling detector.

Again, you are confusing function with purpose and ability. A wheel barrow and a pickup truck both serve the same function of moving goods from point A to point B. The wheel barrow is made obsolete by the vehicle because it completely revolutionizes, and maximizes the ability of the wheelbarrow. In 1865 there was a metal detector to find the bullet in Lincolns body, but that is completely antiquated and obsolete by current detectors. just because they both go "beep" does not make them equal. I am sorry you refuse to comprehend this.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: December 25, 2017 11:00AM
But don't they still make the wheel barrow? LOL

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Date: December 25, 2017 11:26AM
Jason in Enid
kajunman

Again, you are confusing function with purpose and ability. A wheel barrow and a pickup truck both serve the same function of moving goods from point A to point B. The wheel barrow is made obsolete by the vehicle because it completely revolutionizes, and maximizes the ability of the wheelbarrow. In 1865 there was a metal detector to find the bullet in Lincolns body, but that is completely antiquated and obsolete by current detectors. just because they both go "beep" does not make them equal. I am sorry you refuse to comprehend this.

Maybe you should look up the definition of confusing. Curious, how many trips to the store have you made in your wheelbarrow ? How many times have you hauled mulch from the front yard to the back yard in your truck ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 11:37AM by kajunman.

Posted by: SteveP(NH)
Date: December 25, 2017 11:27AM
Jason in Enid
kajunman

I'LL name 3 machines that can change frequencies or run multi. The 20 year old whites dfx which run on either 5 or 15 khz or both. The the 3 frequencies v3i or vx3 and you can see each frequency with each frequency's reading shown as a different color on the graphs and get a vdi number based on their combined output.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login