Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
end of january ???
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 20, 2017 05:39PM
Just saw a couple post saying end of Jan for release .. one guy said he saw it on face book page....??????? other is on the minelab release date thread.... Is it true?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 05:43PM by calabash digger.

Re: end of january ???
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: December 20, 2017 06:35PM
calabash digger
Just saw a couple post saying end of Jan for release .. one guy said he saw it on face book page....??????? other is on the minelab release date thread.... Is it true?

Nothing officially from Minelab yet, I did see a tester post on another forum that the announcement from Minelab will be very soon. Who knows????

Re: end of january ???N/T
Posted by: Kieth-Tx
Date: December 20, 2017 07:01PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 20, 2017 07:24PM
ok its official!

Posted by: relicmeister
Date: December 20, 2017 08:48PM
After the first week of January, it's a day by day
Wait for my dealer to say he's got one for me.
He told me I was close to the top of his preorder
list. Too bad it doesn't look like they are going to post
the manual on their websites download page.
Very pleased by their announcement. Have a
great Christmas and safe and happy new year
With visions of equinox dancing in your heads!

Posted by: lytle78
Date: December 20, 2017 09:40PM
Gee, guess there were a lot of software issues.

It’s normal to have issues at the last phase of testing of prototypes. What’s not so normal is all the hoopla so far in advance.

We’re they taken by surprise by late discovered glitches ?

Or were they just desperate to prevent us Christmas shopping for the competitions machines by false promises of an Equinox in your stocking?

Frankly, either way, it does them no credit.

Rick Kempf

Its on Minelabs website, shipping starts early January
Posted by: bugg
Date: December 20, 2017 09:47PM
With dealers getting them mid to late January. Yeah baby!

whiner???
Posted by: bugg
Date: December 20, 2017 09:50PM
Your guesses are probably wrong. Its called fine tuning. The EQX will probably eat your favorite brand for lunch, Mr. First Texas.

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: December 20, 2017 10:17PM
Rick Kempf, your comment is absolutely unsubstantiated drivel. Minelab didn't cause any "hoopla". They announced a product and said "more to follow". The people on these forums generated the hype and the controversy. And people like you fueled the arguing with your constant negative nonsense. There is no evidence to suggest the release date was pushed back, let alone evidence to suggest it was pushed back due to "software" issues. You are FAKE NEWS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 10:19PM by Tyber0z.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: December 20, 2017 11:03PM
lytle78
Gee, guess there were a lot of software issues.

It’s normal to have issues at the last phase of testing of prototypes. What’s not so normal is all the hoopla so far in advance.

We’re they taken by surprise by late discovered glitches ?

Or were they just desperate to prevent us Christmas shopping for the competitions machines by false promises of an Equinox in your stocking?

Frankly, either way, it does them no credit.

Like I was saying all along Rick. This is my post to a "T". We finally agree on something LOL

Posted by: kajunman
Date: December 20, 2017 11:05PM
Minelab didn't cause any "hoopla". I vehemently disagree here. Nothing says "hoopla" like having someone jump out of an airplane to announce your new detector at the largest detecting festival in Europe. The backlash is warranted. If detector companies want to debut a new detector then they need to give the buying public a date they will be available to the buying public. They knew the Nox wouldn't be ready for release in 2017. And if you think business isn't a dirty game , think again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2017 11:09PM by kajunman.

Posted by: somewhereinbc
Date: December 20, 2017 11:31PM
kajunman
Minelab didn't cause any "hoopla". I vehemently disagree here. Nothing says "hoopla" like having someone jump out of an airplane to announce your new detector at the largest detecting festival in Europe. The backlash is warranted. If detector companies want to debut a new detector then they need to give the buying public a date they will be available to the buying public. They knew the Nox wouldn't be ready for release in 2017. And if you think business isn't a dirty game , think again.

+1

Cheers

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: December 20, 2017 11:36PM
I was reading they are projected to be released later on in January from Minelab and as we know they probably have to go though customs too so that will take a while. From here they will be shipped to the dist then to the dealers, so I feel it will be into February before customers will get them in their hands. My prediction was the first of March, so I was close and maybe happen yet. I feel the first dealers will be Kellyco as it usually is from experience about a week before other dealers get theirs. Let see how close I am and hope I am wrong and they get here sooner.
I feel the hold up was that Minelab wanted to make quite a few of them before release so all dealer can get a few of them before they are gone as I dont think any dealer will get all they have on order.
I also feel that those that waited to preorder until they were released may have to wait a while for Minelab to catch up on orders. I hope the 6 inch coil will be released before too long also for those that need them.

Merry Christmas to all.

Rick

Sovereign GT since 1996
the Minelab Equinox 800 since March 2018
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them all

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: December 21, 2017 12:16AM
They announced a product and people went nuts. I don't know about you, but I didn't get all worked up because a guy jumped out of a plane. I'm an adult, so I saw it for what it was - a novel and fun way to debut their new product. All the hype you've seen since then has been from consumers, NOT Minelab. They provided a few updates, a few videos, a couple articles, and then they announced the date it would be available. I don't see what the big deal is. What I've seen from the consumers, however, is wholly disappointing; hysteria, venom, conspiracy theories, hyperbole, unwarranted anger and frustration, troll posting, flaming - in sum, absolutely childish behavior. I've always thought there were some weird people in this hobby, but lately it seems the weirdos outnumber the normal folks.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 21, 2017 12:29AM
that's right its no big deal just another metal detector..

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login