Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I read this last night, looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: December 21, 2017 08:28AM
Question from cache mole - "Will Multi IQ obsolete FBS?"

Answer from Minelab Metal Detectors - "A very good question!

We are generally stating that Multi-IQ obsoletes single frequency detectors, not simultaneous multi-frequency detectors. This really has captured market attention! It is quite likely that some people will become EQUINOX supporters, while others will want to keep using their favourite FBS detector (not too dissimilar to GPX vs GPZ).

So the best honest answer to your question right now is:

"Multi-IQ has the future potential to obsolete FBS technology."

For some users, that may be immediate when they buy an EQUINOX. For others it may be with a future product with Multi-IQ, or an enhancement of it.

If you refer to our first TT blog on Multi-IQ technology:
https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-technologies-part-1 and look at the timeline diagrams - there were/are several generations of BBS/FBS detectors. We are only at the very beginning for Multi-IQ.

Re: I read this last night, looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.
Posted by: GKMan
Date: December 21, 2017 09:29AM
I am excited about the future. I plan on getting the Equinox with hopes that a new type of technology can outperform in some way my CTX at sites I have detected many times. Looking further ahead it will be really interesting to see what they put in to whatever their new flagship model may be.

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Re: I read this last night, looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.
Posted by: NorCalGold
Date: December 21, 2017 09:37AM
I brought this YouTube question and answer up in another thread on Nov 24th, and I still feel that Multi-IQ is the future of multi-frequency based on the comments made by Minelab.

Until the Equinox testers are able to speak up and provide some new information, the forums are going to be a little stale.:sleepy: Unless there is some more childish bickering to laugh at.:lol:

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 21, 2017 10:32AM
I was suspecting this would be the beginning of their next line of detectors. I think it will eventually replace the FBS, at the least I think they will be adding new models with FBS features like a smartfind display, GPS, etc.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 21, 2017 10:55AM
Interesting post, Dan.

I agree with you, Jason. I think -- especially after Minelab's response to that question -- that a future "flagship" employing Multi-IQ technology, and with things like 2-D screen, target trace, etc., is a likely bet.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: December 21, 2017 11:45AM
Yes, very interesting. What I take away is ML's intention to further develop the MIQ tech; possibly over FBS.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: mtwolf2270
Date: December 21, 2017 12:33PM
Agreed which does open the door that yes the nox may rivial your beloved machine. I am true ctx fan and hope this out performs it. I am 4th on my dealers pre-order list hope to know the answer soon enough.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: December 21, 2017 01:44PM
I don't always see what others do, but if they could make a nice pinpointer with disc and bluetooth into the same headphones. I'd buy that!

Pastor Tom
5 Minelabs, 3 Makros, 2 TDIs, 3 Fisher & a Teknetics
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 21, 2017 02:48PM
I reckon the next machine wil be out in 3 years time , i hope it isn't too expensive . And i dont want GPS or any gizmo's just decent functions that make finding stuff easier .

Uses = Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters , Minelab E.Trac for sale .

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 21, 2017 03:15PM
Tells me we maybe getting a water down version from what was tested.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 21, 2017 03:21PM
dewcon4414
Tells me we maybe getting a water down version from what was tested.

Not likely .
The machine is better than many know . Cant wait for mine.

If anything there is only 1 thing i am concerned about but its not performance , its support in the long run . After warranty runs out can repairs be done ? and who by ?
For now i will buy 1 machine instead of 2 . My 2nd machine can stay in the shop till i need it.

Uses = Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters , Minelab E.Trac for sale .

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 21, 2017 03:54PM
Nuke em
I reckon the next machine wil be out in 3 years time , i hope it isn't too expensive . And i dont want GPS or any gizmo's just decent functions that make finding stuff easier .

but the GPS is very effective for anyone who field hunts! I have made massive increases in finds from my ghost town site directly because of the GPS mapping feature of the GPS. Apparent random finds were revealed to show a pattern and where to concentrate future hunts and well as what direction those find trends were pointing.

I understand its not a usable feature for all hunts, but I also feel most people never even give it a chance.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 21, 2017 04:15PM
every company says theirs is the best :argue: sure they wouldn't say our detector is crap get in line to buy :poke:

so this one is a quattro think I might wait for the top of the line iq might have to wait 15 years :thumbdown:

or might grab a cheap 2nd hand one give it a test.. guaranteed some people will buy and not like it and sell.

or might not worry about it as just the arrogance of obsoletes puts me off because we all know that's NOT true..

AJ

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 21, 2017 04:42PM
I cant speak to it being better.... but it seems to do what im looking for... privided the machine as tested is the same.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: AustinEd
Date: December 21, 2017 06:20PM
Research Niitek Groundshark. Minelab is one parent. GPR is the other. That is where I believe Minelab is heading. Let me know what you think.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login