Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I read this last night, looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.
Posted by: laplander
Date: December 23, 2017 07:59AM
I was only referring to the price, hopefully!

Re: I read this last night, looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.
Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 23, 2017 08:59AM
laplander
I was only referring to the price, hopefully!

No hope. This is Minelab were on about !

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Des D
Date: December 23, 2017 09:48AM
"Good News for Nuke em is: the 'next machine that will probably get the IQ treatment will be the Excalibur's - a dive model and perhaps a wader version?

There is still the need to take a fully waterproof detector deeper than 10 feet.

It makes sense to me and would be 'the logical' thing to do?"

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 23, 2017 09:54AM
pasttom
I don't always see what others do, but if they could make a nice pinpointer with disc and bluetooth into the same headphones. I'd buy that!

I know it’s Xmas time and all but jeepers man!...you sure do put in a tall order!:lol: I would like one also please...:smile:

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 23, 2017 10:03AM
Des D
"Good News for Nuke em is: the 'next machine that will probably get the IQ treatment will be the Excalibur's - a dive model and perhaps a wader version?

There is still the need to take a fully waterproof detector deeper than 10 feet.

It makes sense to me and would be 'the logical' thing to do?"[/quote

Not for me Des. I want a new ET version . can't swim. 10 feet is enough.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: December 23, 2017 11:29AM
Jason in Enid
Charles (Upstate NY)

looks like the Equinox 600 and 800 are just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology

LOL told you so. More accurate ID at depth, there's no way they don't integrate that into future replacements for the eTrac and CTX. Add electronics miniaturization, weight reduction, wireless and next generation Etrac/CTX could be interesting indeed.

But what if the improved "more accurate ID at depth" is more about signal processing than frequency used? What if they can update the CTX to this new processing allowing the CTX to suddenly jump ahead in performance?

Electronics are measured in dog years, its time for the next generation of both machines imo. Lighter, faster, less power hungry electronics AND it could be that the improved ID at depth requires new electronics to achieve it.

Appears the Equinox is just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 26, 2017 06:58PM
Appears the Equinox is just the beginning of Multi-IQ technology.

Of course, this is as we would expect. Look at the evolution in the BBS and FBS detectors or the GPX series of gold detectors.

Ideas come up along the way to make it better.

Rich -

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login