Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
There sure seems to be a lot of anger and malcontent towards this detector.:blink:
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: December 21, 2017 03:33PM
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 03:40PM by Dan(NM).

Re: There sure seems to be a lot of anger and malcontent towards this detector.:blink:
Posted by: goodmore
Date: December 21, 2017 03:38PM
Let em complain. They will all own one anyways.

Re: There sure seems to be a lot of anger and malcontent towards this detector.:blink:
Posted by: Dale(Ia)
Date: December 21, 2017 03:39PM
Dan(NM)
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.
Nope! Not just you, Dan!
I guess this old world take's all kind's!:shrug:

Iowa Dale

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 21, 2017 03:39PM
Dan(NM)
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

I think you hit the nail on the head, those posts are from angry malcontents.

Posted by: Rick73
Date: December 21, 2017 03:43PM
Look at the post "Minelab's website is down" which had 69 comments while a couple of days later "Minelab site is UP" has 1 comment.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: December 21, 2017 03:46PM
yep. Seems like folks are on the offensive.

Date: December 21, 2017 03:50PM
To me it's pretty simple, if you don't like the company or product don't give them your time or your money. Life is way too short to get worked up over a man toy lol!

If you don't have anything nice to say . . . . . . . .
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 21, 2017 04:09PM
Dan,

The behavior of which you speak is appearing more frequently on the various forums. Name calling, trash talking, and other anger management issues are starting to become commonplace and worse, justified in some fashion. I have to say that this lack of civility is turning this specific forum into more of a gladiator arena / soap opera stage than a forum for Equinox enthusiasts. Findmall has been a gathering point for me for many years. Unfortunately, it appears this new Forum needs more babysitting on the part of the moderators.

Hopefully, things will come back into check.

Rich -

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: December 21, 2017 04:17PM
Dan(NM)
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

You are right. There is no excuse for such behaviour. Doesnt help anyone and not good to read.... Lets hope things settle down.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 21, 2017 04:18PM
Dan(NM)

have you looked at someone in a park metal detecting ? don't know about you but I walk the long way around and for a good reason..

AJ

Re: If you don't have anything nice to say . . . . . . . .
Date: December 21, 2017 04:21PM
Rich (Utah)
Dan,

The behavior of which you speak is appearing more frequently on the various forums. Name calling, trash talking, and other anger management issues are starting to become commonplace and worse, justified in some fashion. I have to say that this lack of civility is turning this specific forum into more of a gladiator arena / soap opera stage than a forum for Equinox enthusiasts. Findmall has been a gathering point for me for many years. Unfortunately, it appears this new Forum needs more babysitting on the part of the moderators.

Hopefully, things will come back into check.

Rich -
. What's kind of sad is the unfortunate side effect of this type of behavior. I know of several very knowledgeable guys who have just quit posting on the major forums for getting blasted unmercifully over this machine.

Posted by: Jesseray
Date: December 21, 2017 04:23PM
It's on all of the forums now. Trolling is a very common unfortunate reality in this new internet age.

Date: December 21, 2017 04:24PM
amberjack
Dan(NM)

have you looked at someone in a park metal detecting ? don't know about you but I walk the long way around and for a good reason..

AJ
. I'm not quite sure I get your point, I'm just a little slow I guess:-). If I see someone out detecting, I usually go introduce myself and find out a little bit about him or her.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 21, 2017 04:32PM
Dan(NM)
amberjack
Dan(NM)

AJ
. I'm not quite sure I get your point, I'm just a little slow I guess:-). If I see someone out detecting, I usually go introduce myself and find out a little bit about him or her.

its like having a detector in hand gives people some right to come talk to me, I choose a hobby with ear muffs for a reason :buds: but am happy to help someone who is genuine most are not so I just turn on my heel .

AJ

Date: December 21, 2017 04:37PM
amberjack
Dan(NM)
amberjack
Dan(NM)

AJ

its like having a detector in hand gives people some right to come talk to me, I choose a hobby with ear muffs for a reason :buds: but am happy to help someone who is genuine most are not so I just turn on my heel .

AJ
. I normally talk to myself out loud when I'm hunting, that usually keeps most looky-loos at bay

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login