Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: There sure seems to be a lot of anger and malcontent towards this detector.:blink:
Posted by: Dale(Ia)
Date: December 21, 2017 04:54PM
amberjack
Dan(NM)
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

have you looked at someone in a park metal detecting ? don't know about you but I walk the long way around and for a good reason..

AJ
If I'm in a park alone..........I'm carrying !!!!

Iowa Dale

Re: There sure seems to be a lot of anger and malcontent towards this detector.:blink:
Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: December 21, 2017 05:07PM
Really?
You haven't read the First Texas Fisher threads or White Threads?

CTX 3030

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: December 21, 2017 05:13PM
It seems a lot of the anti Equinox bias is coming from guys who don’t like to admit to themselves that their $1,500+ detector may be getting eclipsed by a $649 detector. A fair amount of the bashing is coming from guys who own CTX’s, etracs, Deus’s, etc., especially if they recently bought them.

No one likes to drop serious coin on a piece of electronics only to see it rendered to second fiddle status by something newer, better, and cheaper. Just human nature.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Detecting since 1980

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 05:15PM by Wayfarer.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 21, 2017 05:32PM
Wayfarer
It seems a lot of the anti Equinox bias is coming from guys who don’t like to admit to themselves that their $1,500+ detector may be getting eclipsed by a $649 detector. A fair amount of the bashing is coming from guys who own CTX’s, etracs, Deus’s, etc., especially if they recently bought them.

No one likes to drop serious coin on a piece of electronics only to see it rendered to second fiddle status by something newer, better, and cheaper. Just human nature.

RRP here is 1300 $ and dealers don't do discounts here so that's what you will pay and so my like new 2nd hand etrac was less by a long way and sure would like to try the IQ but its big dollars for a new toy that I don't need..

and for what so I might find a 2 $ worth of silver coin :shrug:

have my tried a tested detectors that work if this is better then so be it..

AJ

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 21, 2017 06:15PM
amberjack
Wayfarer

RRP here is 1300 $ and dealers don't do discounts here so that's what you will pay and so my like new 2nd hand etrac was less by a long way and sure would like to try the IQ but its big dollars for a new toy that I don't need..

and for what so I might find a 2 $ worth of silver coin :shrug:

have my tried a tested detectors that work if this is better then so be it..

AJ

“Have my tried and tested detectors”...exactly. I am hoping that the extreme SPEED of the EQ may get some more silver out of my sites but I’m in no way shape or form expecting or even HOPING that Multi-IQ will render FBS/2 to second fiddle. I think the EQ will be another excellent tool for where and how it’s supposed to be used. A person who owns an eTrac or Explorer or a CTX AND the Equinox will have a lot of angles covered,I do believe! I’m personally not afraid of owning multiple machines,because they all do certain stuff really well.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: December 21, 2017 06:22PM
Reminds me of when the first TR's hit the market and all the old BFO'ers didn't like hearing these new fanged TR's would make the BFO obsolete.

I see it a little different. While the idea that some 25 years of my perfecting the use of the VLF detector is being threatened of becoming obsolete, I look forward to FINALLY a true advancement in detector technology. Been many years.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 06:27PM by Southwind.

Posted by: DigImust
Date: December 21, 2017 07:20PM
All valid points here...my question to you all is how many of you have pre-ordered more than 1 EQ?

Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: December 21, 2017 07:38PM
DigImust
All valid points here...my question to you all is how many of you have pre-ordered more than 1 EQ?

I'm #2 on my dealer's list. I ordered mine Sept 17th :super:

Posted by: laplander
Date: December 21, 2017 08:08PM
Rick73
Look at the post "Minelab's website is down" which had 69 comments while a couple of days later "Minelab site is UP" has 1 comment.
Look at the "conspiracy" post, 5 pages of stuff and I post treasure talk with the latest gold finds by a respected detectorist and get 4 comments so it appears we really aren't interested in what the Equinox is capable of.
I realise Gordon is in the U.K. but if you think there is any difference between a quarter stater there and a small gold ring here you need to open your eyes :look:
HH Jeff

Date: December 21, 2017 08:23PM
laplander
Rick73
Look at the post "Minelab's website is down" which had 69 comments while a couple of days later "Minelab site is UP" has 1 comment.
Look at the "conspiracy" post, 5 pages of stuff and I post treasure talk with the latest gold finds by a respected detectorist and get 4 comments so it appears we really aren't interested in what the Equinox is capable of.
I realise Gordon is in the U.K. but if you think there is any difference between a quarter stater there and a small gold ring here you need to open your eyes :look:
HH Jeff

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” – Yoda

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 21, 2017 08:56PM
Dan(NM)

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.” – Yoda

Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is.

Date: December 21, 2017 09:06PM
Jason in Enid
Dan(NM)

Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is.

“Secret, shall I tell you? Grand Master of Jedi Order am I. Won this job in a raffle I did, think you? “How did you know, how did you know, Master Yoda?” Master Yoda knows these things. His job it is.”

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: December 21, 2017 10:53PM
laplander
Rick73
HH Jeff

Sorry about that.

Posted by: somewhereinbc
Date: December 21, 2017 11:00PM
Dan(NM)
amberjack
Dan(NM)
amberjack
Dan(NM)
Maybe it's just me but I don't think I've seen this much hostility towards a company or a metal detector in quite some time. It seems to be pretty widespread even on Facebook. I'm just scratching my head when I read some of these post, I thought this was supposed to be a enjoyable fun-filled hobby. I suppose cabin fever has set in early this year.

have you looked at someone in a park metal detecting ? don't know about you but I walk the long way around and for a good reason..

AJ
. I'm not quite sure I get your point, I'm just a little slow I guess:-). If I see someone out detecting, I usually go introduce myself and find out a little bit about him or her.

its like having a detector in hand gives people some right to come talk to me, I choose a hobby with ear muffs for a reason :buds: but am happy to help someone who is genuine most are not so I just turn on my heel .

AJ
. I normally talk to myself out loud when I'm hunting, that usually keeps most looky-loos at bay

Never had a issue talking to other detectorists, they have the same passion and interest..but who knows I guess.

Cheers

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 22, 2017 02:29AM
Dan(NM)

Facebook is s....... That's why.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login