Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Any German speakers here? Found a video featuring the 800 and could use a recap!
Posted by: GroundHunter
Date: December 23, 2017 12:55AM
It's from a week ago, so many of you may have seen this video already. It features a series of digs with the 800 model, but the gentleman is speaking German, so I haven't a clue as to what he's saying or what his opinions are. Regardless, however, it's still really interesting, and it's the first I've seen of the machine being used in the wild, outside of special rallies and events and whatnot. Enjoy!

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCDlUUEqIto

Re: Any German speakers here? Found a video featuring the 800 and could use a recap!
Posted by: laplander
Date: December 23, 2017 07:56AM
Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Too many years since my family got off the boat, maybe I can get my Amish neighbors to help!

Re: Any German speakers here? Found a video featuring the 800 and could use a recap!
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 23, 2017 01:43PM
Ich spreche ein bischen! Aber nicht zu viel... :)

It's been too long since High School for me to be able to even attempt a translation!

Amish neighbors, laplander? Are you in south-central PA by chance?

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Welwood470
Date: December 23, 2017 02:40PM
GroundHunter
It's from a week ago, so many of you may have seen this video already. It features a series of digs with the 800 model, but the gentleman is speaking German, so I haven't a clue as to what he's saying or what his opinions are. Regardless, however, it's still really interesting, and it's the first I've seen of the machine being used in the wild, outside of special rallies and events and whatnot. Enjoy!

EZPZ...............select the little gear (settings, bottom right) select subtitles, auto-translate-English.........done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 02:48PM by Welwood470.

Date: December 23, 2017 04:26PM
sgoss66
Ich spreche ein bischen! Aber nicht zu viel... :)

It's been too long since High School for me to be able to even attempt a translation!

Amish neighbors, laplander? Are you in south-central PA by chance?

Steve
Missouri\Iowa border Home of the "Honey bee war" Of course i'm on the winning side :argue:

Date: December 23, 2017 09:49PM
Hmm...

Honey bee war? I need to look that one up!

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: unearth
Date: December 24, 2017 11:25AM
Welwood470
GroundHunter

EZPZ...............select the little gear (settings, bottom right) select subtitles, auto-translate-English.........done.

Thanks for the direction to the translation setting. Unfortunately the english translation was a bit to jumbled for me to understand what he was saying most of the time.

Posted by: somewhereinbc
Date: December 24, 2017 11:58PM
HELL you call that English, drove me nutz.:goodnight:

Date: December 25, 2017 07:26AM
sgoss66
Hmm...

Honey bee war? I need to look that one up!

Steve
Very famous war indeed :pinnochio
The area in question between the 2 states is referred to as Lapland.
Darn did I just give away the source for my user name?

Posted by: pasttom
Date: December 25, 2017 10:23AM
He said, "No, this is a detector, I am a detectorist!"

Pastor Tom
5 Minelabs, 3 Makros, 2 TDIs, 3 Fisher & a Teknetics
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Date: December 25, 2017 05:00PM
Laplander --

LOL -- you DID give away the source of your username!

I read just a little about it. I had never heard about it before, but it was interesting -- the dispute to locate the MO/IA state line...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 26, 2017 11:04PM
Interesting hunt. The little flyweight Equinox seemed to find the goods. All of these little pieces to the puzzle are painting a pretty good picture so far.

Rich -

Posted by: Steve Ia
Date: December 27, 2017 04:41PM
I live not too far from the Missouri / Iowa border and remember reading about the Honey War in my research.

Date: December 27, 2017 04:56PM
Yep, Steve...was interesting to read about!

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: silvercoinboy
Date: January 01, 2018 08:15AM
He said that most of those targets were at 20 centimeters, and the silver coin towards the back of the video was on its side. Looks like an awesome machine!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login