Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What is your first stop with your brand new Equinox?
Posted by: GKMan
Date: December 25, 2017 05:14AM
So after you get it, swing it around the yard and maybe your test garden where are you heading to and why? What do you hope to find?

I plan on hitting a corn field that has given up a large amount of 1700's and 1800's finds. Including one of my rarest finds. At this point all I can get out of it is square nails. I am hoping the Equinox will work differently enough to help me find another large cent or button..

Don' t go giving away locations.

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: CTX 3030, Detectorpro Uniprobe
Past: Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Oldest US Coin: 1793 Liberty Cap Cent
Story here http://goo.gl/1GR9cR

Oldest Silver: 1776 1/2 Reale
Story here http://goo.gl/KaY13f
Oldest US Silver 1851 Half Dime

Oldest Coin: 169? King William 1/2 penny
Story here http://goo.gl/xKjtrQ

Oldest Find: 3500 to 5000 year old Copper Adz
Story here http://goo.gl/Xr6qIM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 05:39AM by GKMan.

Re: What is your first stop with your brand new Equinox?
Posted by: silure98
Date: December 25, 2017 05:29AM
Medieval market field, its been hammered over the years but the recent ploughing has brought some nice finds back up. I'm leaving it now until I get the Nox, which is a gamble because it will be cropped early March. Hopefully it comes late January as promised.

Posted by: GKMan
Date: December 25, 2017 05:33AM
silure98
Medieval market field, its been hammered over the years but the recent ploughing has brought some nice finds back up. I'm leaving it now until I get the Nox, which is a gamble because it will be cropped early March. Hopefully it comes late January as promised.
So jealous! I was in Colchester UK in the spring and had a blast. God Luck!

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: CTX 3030, Detectorpro Uniprobe
Past: Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Oldest US Coin: 1793 Liberty Cap Cent
Story here http://goo.gl/1GR9cR

Oldest Silver: 1776 1/2 Reale
Story here http://goo.gl/KaY13f
Oldest US Silver 1851 Half Dime

Oldest Coin: 169? King William 1/2 penny
Story here http://goo.gl/xKjtrQ

Oldest Find: 3500 to 5000 year old Copper Adz
Story here http://goo.gl/Xr6qIM

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 25, 2017 05:59AM
I really want to get it out on my ghost town site but its still covered in corn stalks so I will probably take it to my barber and indian park because I have dug so much great stuff there, but like most old places it has a ton of iron signals everywhere.

Posted by: mtwolf2270
Date: December 25, 2017 06:16AM
My hunting buddy and I have a few pocket parks that have been pound but have some iron patches as old homes were there if you slow pick with a small coil a goodie pops out. Also a fee farm fields with old homesites to start.

Posted by: Architex
Date: December 25, 2017 06:36AM
I have a site that I've hit with:
2 detectors
7 frequencies
5 programs
3 coils
Each of the above was gridded in 2 directions.
Should be pretty well covered, right?
Well, we'll see what the Nox does.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 25, 2017 07:43AM
A farmers market that started in 1839 where many Barbers,Mercs and a couple shield nickels have come from. It’s been hunted no less than 20 times by me,and that’s after many times in the last 40-ish years by everyone else. If the EQ can pull targets out of there,it will open my eyes. This site is the biggest chance I feel I have for a gold coin or a trime,2 cent,etc.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 25, 2017 09:07AM
The first thing is to get it all fixed up onto my Anderson stem somehow the set up as close to my ET settings as possible then wait for my local beaches to rip.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) , Minelab Equinox 800 (order late 2018 ) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Bud-sc
Date: December 25, 2017 10:07AM
Taking mine to the "test beach". This Beach has very little trash. You can swing all day and might only get one pull tab!!! Great beach to find coins and rings. The best is the sand is harsh on detectors. This will put the Equinox though it paces. I will be able to found the best settings.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: December 25, 2017 10:16AM
Some well hunted fields and my favorite beach. But lots of revisiting past dirt. Hope springs with each new detector and more so with this one! :detecting:

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Probably some well worn Civil War sites, then
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: December 25, 2017 11:28AM
A good prolonged dip in fresh water to see how it holds up.

Posted by: JP.Diggzzit
Date: December 25, 2017 01:02PM
Over 70 miles of coast line here in San Diego to chose from. I am 6.5 miles from the nearest beach. My main hobby for 2017 was transitioning my lot to drought resistant, low water landscaping and hardscaping. All artificial turf and crushed stone now, so no yard to hunt or test garden for me. Home built in 1960 and did find a few wheat cents while yard and driveway were torn out. Also found a cool piece of petrified wood while tearing out and replacing a retaining wall...my oldest find yet! Did okay for 2017 on limited time but hoping to get out a lot more with the Equinox now that the exterior projects are mostly complete. Clean, low mineralized beaches first and will then move on to more challenging, highly mineralized and trashy beaches depending on results. Will post results and possibly vids but hesitant to post good finds and even general locations these days. I did get a chance to swing a demo unit here in San Diego...very limited area in front of the dealers store and the EMI was bad. However, I did like what I was seeing and rolled the dice. Preorder Equinox 800 fully paid...with gold. Merry Xmas, GL and HH!

Whites coinmaster 1980's blue box (gift from father)
Whites coinmaster pro (gifted to father)
Whites Surfmaster PI Dual Field with Plugger CF Shafts
XP Deus with 11 inch coil and WS4 headphones
Minelab CTX 3030 with 11 and 17 inch coils
Minelab Excalibur II

Stealth 920 iX
TRex 9.5 inch SS scoop (split at welds multiple X)
RTG 6 inch aluminum travel scoop

Lesche Diggers
Whites Bullseye pinpointer

Posted by: JackalopeZL1
Date: December 25, 2017 01:06PM
I have a little area that every time I go there I just barely pick up old targets just on the edge of detection. Barbers, Indians, squarenails and so on. The signals are always tough and barely there. Hoping this machine will give just a tinybit more depth?

Posted by: Rick73
Date: December 25, 2017 01:22PM
Cornstalks for me also. I prefer my Deus over my CTX there because the Deus is lighter. Cornstalks are more work than lawns or parks. The light weight Equinox should work great there.

Posted by: biglry
Date: December 25, 2017 01:35PM
Humm ....first stop with my new:minelab: Equinox? On the beach of course... hehe... I live less than a mile from 18 miles of beautiful beach where thousands of tourist have given up many treasures to the beach gods over the years and I plan to :detecting: for every lost treasure out there.

Metal Detecting is my drug of choice.
I get high with two Excalibur ll with 10" slim-line coils, Excalibur 1000 with 10" BBS, Mr. Gold's phones, Plugger carbon fiber shaft, Sov GT with Patrick meter mod & S12 coil and last, but not least a Tesoro Cibola with a11x8 Delta DD coil.
Integrity is what we do when we think no one is looking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login