Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Display cover for Equinox
Posted by: cintitomcat
Date: December 25, 2017 01:45PM
Don't remember seeing 1 on the Minelab website for Equinox acc. Will need to find something before it get here. Protective screen cover is good but would rather have a whole cover.

Re: Display cover for Equinox
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: December 25, 2017 02:10PM
It won't be long before someone has them available, I will put a Z A G cover over the whole faceplate when mine arrives.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 25, 2017 04:58PM
Mine will also be getting the Z A GG treatment

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: December 25, 2017 07:24PM
The EQ comes with a screen cover when you get it....but Ukraine makes the best complete cover you can buy.....hope they make one for this....I will probly contact them and see if they will make one when I get mine....

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: December 25, 2017 07:32PM
Yes the EQUINOX comes with a few nice zag style screen protector in different languages..
Bottom of this page. https://www.minelab.com/accessories-1/by-detector/equinox-series#sec322183

Bryan

Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Gold Monster
Takahashi FC-100DF

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2017 07:37PM by Bryan V.

Date: December 25, 2017 08:08PM
Bryan V
Yes the EQUINOX comes with a few nice zag style screen protector in different languages..
Bottom of this page. https://www.minelab.com/accessories-1/by-detector/equinox-series#sec322183

Bryan

Ah, I remember reading it came with languaged screen covers but I didnt connect the dots like that. Really cool that they finally adopted this.

Posted by: Big Treble
Date: December 25, 2017 08:55PM
Heat shrink bags, always fit super tight, so there is no visibility issues in the sun, and I think at 10 cents each you can replace them every outing if you wish. I can usually get 3 months or so before I replace mine.

Posted by: relicmeister
Date: December 25, 2017 11:05PM
Big Treble
Heat shrink bags, always fit super tight, so there is no visibility issues in the sun, and I think at 10 cents each you can replace them every outing if you wish. I can usually get 3 months or so before I replace mine.

I like your idea where would one obtain the heat shrink bags?

Posted by: Big Treble
Date: December 26, 2017 06:41AM
relicmeister
Big Treble

I wish I could take credit for this, but I cannot, found the bags on ebay; here is Mowerdog's video:

https://youtu.be/wQOO6RKhDYU

I can't remember in the video states the details, or he sent me the details, but I have the 100 gauge 8 x 12 high clarity bags, and they are all over ebay

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 26, 2017 08:51AM
I can see where this video is going :lmfao: I am banned from heat gun's I turned my carrot in to a banana :rant: putting shrink rap on it :punch:

have a full piece of z I g over screen and all buttons and its a life time fix that wipes clean add a full cover from Ukraine for the beach if needed.

and that's the end of the work :biggrin: and no banana etrac :clap:

nice idea for those who wish to add heat.

AJ

Posted by: NCtoad
Date: December 26, 2017 09:55AM
Can someone tell me what a ZAG screen cover is?

Date: December 26, 2017 10:16AM
Z A GG (which was made a "bad" word on here long ago ???) used to sell covers cut specifically for the E-Trac face, but I don't know if they still do. I bought a table sized one and cut it down to fit the face of my CTX. They save a huge amount of wear when you think about how many times you rub dirty fingers over the screen and buttons. Glad ML smartened up on this.

Posted by: NorCalGold
Date: December 26, 2017 03:18PM
Big Treble
relicmeister
Big Treble

I wish I could take credit for this, but I cannot, found the bags on ebay; here is Mowerdog's video:

https://youtu.be/wQOO6RKhDYU

I can't remember in the video states the details, or he sent me the details, but I have the 100 gauge 8 x 12 high clarity bags, and they are all over ebay

This is an excellent idea! With the proper heat setting, and technique, the installation turns out very nice. I'm going to try this, thanks.

Display cover for Equinox
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 26, 2017 04:00PM
Looks like they have a LOW REFLECTION screen protector for the Equinox. Wish Minelab would come out with a LOW REFLECTION version for the Etrac. I would buy that. I currently have a Z A GG screen on it. The material is tough and gives me confidence the screen won't be scratched, but it lacks the LOW REFLECTION qualities I'd would like.

Rich -

Posted by: FAL guy
Date: April 24, 2018 07:00AM
Has anyone used this heat shrink bag idea on their Nox? I've made some measurements and I am ready to pull the trigger on some 5"x8" bags, but I am stuck on the effect a tight cover will have on the side buttons.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login