Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Equinox Depth
Posted by: Cos
Date: December 30, 2017 01:52AM
I have only one question relative to the upcoming Equinox. Some of you have been comparing the new Equinox to White's V3i Detector. I believe I read several year's ago when the V3i first came out that White's stated the V3i was not as sensitive (as deep) when you ran all three frequencies at the same time as when you ran the unit with only one of its frequencies. Will this be the same situation with the new Equinox??

Re: Equinox Depth
Posted by: Architex
Date: December 30, 2017 04:03AM
Well, we just don't know yet.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Posted by: nenadgbeepin
Date: December 30, 2017 05:21AM
I think Minelab have very good reasons to be giving users the option of running single frequency or Multi. As good as FBS is, the shortcomings of multi-freq (i.e. poor response to gold chains) is no secret.

I like having options, even if I set things up once and rarely touch them.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: December 30, 2017 05:49AM
I know one thing is for sure I need to stop coming here or I will have a deep hole in my pocket when this thing comes out, I swore black and blue I wouldn't get a ctx and it was in my hands the day it was released, did my 5+ years with it and went back to etrac for varying reasons..

and reality is I don't need another detector but would like to try this one just because I am a closet 705 fan and this seems like a big upgrade so bugga right :punch:

AJ

amberjack.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: December 30, 2017 08:47AM
It's just money. :drinking:

Posted by: mtwolf2270
Date: December 30, 2017 09:25AM
Time will tell the thing that I hate about the depth conversation is it depends on the soil conditions, mositure content and targets you are after. So, someone running a FBS in clean soil will have I'd and depth. In tougher or bad soil the depth will drop no matter the machine. Unless you run pulse but we are talking FBS and vlf. Now even in perfect soil single freq machines loose I'd a depth. So this option of muti iq gives you choices.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 30, 2017 11:17AM
Cos
I have only one question relative to the upcoming Equinox. Some of you have been comparing the new Equinox to White's V3i Detector. I believe I read several year's ago when the V3i first came out that White's stated the V3i was not as sensitive (as deep) when you ran all three frequencies at the same time as when you ran the unit with only one of its frequencies. Will this be the same situation with the new Equinox??

Like architex said, we just don't know yet. On the surface of the argument, yes, that sounds correct. The detector can only put out so much power through the coil. If you are running multiple freqs at the same time, they cant all have 100% power.

Will we be able to see a depth difference between multi and single? I for one plan on extensive testing on targets through all the freqs to find out.

Re: amberjack.
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 30, 2017 12:34PM
Greg (E.Tn)
It's just money. :drinking:

Amen!:lol:

Posted by: lespaul
Date: December 30, 2017 01:35PM
I did view a Russian video that did show coin detection at greater depths when the Equinox was in multi setting compared to each of the other settings used individually.
I'm not sure about the soil conditions.

Posted by: Architex
Date: December 30, 2017 01:44PM
Hillary will now accuse you of colluding with the Russians !!! We will all hear about it on MSLSD tonight. :ban:

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Posted by: lespaul
Date: December 30, 2017 01:52PM
I'm offended

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 30, 2017 02:26PM
Architex
Hillary will now accuse you of colluding with the Russians !!! We will all hear about it on MSLSD tonight. :ban:

:lol::clapping:

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: December 30, 2017 02:31PM
Hey Cos --

I have seen some extremely impressive "depth" videos featuring the Equinox. As others have said, we won't know for sure until it's in our hands.

With that said, though, I do expect VERY good depth from the Equinox's "multi" mode. In the right soil (very mild), could one of the single frequencies be a bit deeper on some targets? Maybe, time will tell. But, do I expect the Equinox's "Multi-IQ" mode to be crippled, depth-wise, the way I have understood that the V3i is, when running multi-frequency mode? NO. I think anyone comparing the two will see a night-and-day difference...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: December 30, 2017 03:39PM
Jason.... I scratch my head every time I read... the EQ in multi will obsolete single freq. But its not as good as FBS. That means to me its nothing new.... FBS already does that better than the EQ. This was a good video to me. Moving water in the wet sand.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: December 30, 2017 04:08PM
dewcon4414
Jason.... I scratch my head every time I read... the EQ in multi will obsolete single freq. But its not as good as FBS. That means to me its nothing new.... FBS already does that better than the EQ. This was a good video to me. Moving water in the wet sand.

I'm not part of MLs advertising team, but I'll give it ago (even though I have said this before). ML never said the EQ would make single freqs obsolete. They said they would make all OTHER single freqs obsolete. So please list another single freq detector that do ALL of the following:

change freqs without changing coils
change between single and multi freqs
waterproof
works in saltwater without falsing or reducing sensitivity to surface finds
wireless headphones
rechargable
able to be run from USB power supply

Sounds to me like it is doing more than any other single freq detector ever made. So you don't like the word "obsolete", how about changing it instead to "antiquates". Antiques still work, even after theyve been replaced by more modern and more capable adaptions. Oops, that sounds a lot like "obsolete" to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login