Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: OK, its January, why hasnt the Equinox been released?
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: January 08, 2018 08:17PM
TomNH

....... And yes you gotta break up the order & get it to the dealers direct or via one US distributor first.

Sadly, One certain dealer dealer has bought the rights as the importer for Minelab. It rhymes with smelly blow.

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: January 08, 2018 10:00PM
Or Smelly Ho

Arizona
43 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Makro Multi Kruzer
Makro Racer 2
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab Equinox 800

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: January 09, 2018 09:38AM
I have now heard from a source or 2 that it will be 21 February before its released .

True or false Minelab ?

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Equinox 800 , Macro Multi Kruzer , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: JBM1
Date: January 09, 2018 09:48AM
You got to be kidding.:confused:
Are you saying that the Launch (which I attended) at the Autumn Equinox has now become the Spring Equinox. :unsure:

Date: January 09, 2018 10:23AM
JBM1
You got to be kidding.:confused:
Are you saying that the Launch (which I attended) at the Autumn Equinox has now become the Spring Equinox. :unsure:

Yep . You got it !
Thats what i have heard from Martin my mate . He says he saw it on Faceache.
How true it is ?? But i would not be surprised . that will Papa India Sierra Sierra a few people off .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Equinox 800 , Macro Multi Kruzer , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: January 09, 2018 10:39AM
Hahaha! Oh the butt hurt is going to be epic if this is true! Oh well, my CTX is just as good as it ever was so I'll keep swinging while I wait.

Date: January 09, 2018 10:58AM
Jason in Enid
Hahaha! Oh the butt hurt is going to be epic if this is true! Oh well, my CTX is just as good as it ever was so I'll keep swinging while I wait.

Is Minelab purposely trying to upset their followers LOL

Wonder why the delay if true ? And what people will do ?
Even if they cancel , they will most likely buy it later when they see how good it might be . I dont think Minelab give a ????

Anyway i will just have to carry on with my Explorer 11 and find Gold with it like i did earlier today on the beach . Not so obsolete after all !

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: January 09, 2018 11:43AM
That is close to my prediction of the first of March when Minelab was saying in Dec, so maybe I was right, but sure wish I would have been wrong as there is too many people waiting for this detector and when released we will be all fighting our dealers to get one only to find out if we didn't pre ordered one it may be a while to get one.
My next prediction is Kellyco will have them a week before other dealer do, but have a back order that will take them a while to fill.

We just got to hold our horses and wait a little longer and remember good things happen to those that wait

Rick

Sovereign GT since 1996
the Minelab Equinox 800 since March 2018
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them all

Posted by: SERIC
Date: January 16, 2018 08:03AM
I'm also fervently waiting to be able to use the new device, but I'm getting cold. Too much time is passing and there are no indicative dates either. I am afraid that some technical problem has arisen that they can not solve. This would be very disappointing but it would be more correct to declare it.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: January 16, 2018 08:37AM
SERUC --

No worries. This are proceeding just as Minelab stated (end of January), and I have seen nothing at all that suggests anything has changed.

If you read between the lines, you'll see that just in the last 4-6 weeks, they changed the gold prospecting mode to now function using multiple frequencies (Multi-IQ), instead of single-frequency only. A really nice improvement, that was made very, very recently. They are not "fixing technical problems," they continued to make last-minute upgrades and enhancements...

Things will be happening real soon, with the detector dealer's meeting/training being conducted in Chandler by Minelab, as we speak.

Hang tight.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: January 16, 2018 11:35AM
SERIC
I'm also fervently waiting to be able to use the new device, but I'm getting cold. Too much time is passing and there are no indicative dates either. I am afraid that some technical problem has arisen that they can not solve. This would be very disappointing but it would be more correct to declare it.

Hahahaha! "problem they cant solve". Thats the best one I've heard yet.

How about you go buy yourself a nice, safe Tesoro. They worked out all the kinks decades ago, which is why they havent produced anything new. Those of us who have dealt with Minelab for years (and some for decades) have no fears. We'll be happy to tell you how good it is.

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: January 17, 2018 03:52PM
Stop the friggin' presses! "Martin" heard a rumor on "Faceache" that the "Moonlab" is delayed! Better to spread this unsubstantiated rumor on all the forums!

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: January 17, 2018 04:30PM
Well, the Minelab meeting with dealers is complete.

Word I've heard from the dealers is that Minelab tells them they are still on track for machines arriving in dealers' hands the end of this month.

So, it sounds like everything is still proceeding according to plan...

Steve

sgoss66
SERUC --

No worries. This are proceeding just as Minelab stated (end of January), and I have seen nothing at all that suggests anything has changed.

If you read between the lines, you'll see that just in the last 4-6 weeks, they changed the gold prospecting mode to now function using multiple frequencies (Multi-IQ), instead of single-frequency only. A really nice improvement, that was made very, very recently. They are not "fixing technical problems," they continued to make last-minute upgrades and enhancements...

Things will be happening real soon, with the detector dealer's meeting/training being conducted in Chandler by Minelab, as we speak.

Hang tight.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 17, 2018 08:31PM
Rick(ND)
That is close to my prediction of the first of March when Minelab was saying in Dec, so maybe I was right, but sure wish I would have been wrong as there is too many people waiting for this detector and when released we will be all fighting our dealers to get one only to find out if we didn't pre ordered one it may be a while to get one.
My next prediction is Kellyco will have them a week before other dealer do, but have a back order that will take them a while to fill.

We just got to hold our horses and wait a little longer and remember good things happen to those that wait

Rick

Rick(ND),

I think this may be the time for an attention diverting project like the PINPOINT MOD for my SOV GT. I've been holding off because there's still 11 months on the warranty, (new old dealer stock).

Rich (Utah)

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: January 17, 2018 11:21PM
Rich,

if they could have only put the Sovereign GT in the Equinox packaging I know many of us would have been very happy as the Sovereign are a hard detector to beat once you learn and understand them.
I always wanted to do the remote pinpoint switch on my GT also, but keep putting it off.

Rick

Sovereign GT since 1996
the Minelab Equinox 800 since March 2018
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login