Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Is the dam about to burst? :surprised:
Posted by: relicmeister
Date: January 18, 2018 05:23PM
Most people pre judging the equinox in this forum
probably have spent less time and given less thought
to their last new car purchase. Entertaining but tedious.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 18, 2018 11:06PM
Nuke em

Dont you guys get it,,They doing this to disrupt the metal detector market,So people would hold back on buying any other detectors from other manufacturers,Its a great marketing ploy their using,,,

Problem is that doing that means the Dealers could run out of business and go out of business . Then there wont be anyone to buy the Equinox from .

Nuke em,

Ah, not quite. You're forgetting Cabelas'. :biggrin:

Rich -

Posted by: somewhereinbc
Date: January 19, 2018 01:09AM
Champ Ferguson
I'm going to miss all the insane postings and rants on the forums.
Not.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/848842/Moonlab-introduces-a-new-metal-detector

Posted by: rob.ream258
Date: January 21, 2018 09:20PM
Tom(Conn)
Dont you guys get it,,They doing this to disrupt the metal detector market,So people would hold back on buying any other detectors from other manufacturers,Its a great marketing ploy their using,,,

Possibly but I really don't think so....... they have a great reputation and build superior machines so I don't think jeopardize it.......

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: January 22, 2018 02:24PM
excitement level at debut for me was 10 and today its 1. They over played there hand imo.....

Posted by: GKMan
Date: January 22, 2018 05:07PM
No, if they had the activity in forums would have died down.

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Posted by: relicmeister
Date: January 22, 2018 05:37PM
I'm sure Minelab knows the time for hype is over. Now
they will be relying on user feedback to sell equinoxes.

Yes it's an Old Mans Hobby.
Posted by: Doctorcoinz
Date: January 23, 2018 04:16AM
A high percentage of guys posting on these Metal Detecting forums are elderly guys in there 60 's 70's & maybe some in there 80 's. I think that is why so much whingeing and negative comments come from.
Old men love love digging out that lovely pull tab or junk ring!. The forums are full of insane junk hunting old men!; :laugh: and yes impatience may come from the fact they want to use an equinox before it's too late.....

Re: Yes it's an Old Mans Hobby.
Posted by: Grumpyolddiver
Date: January 23, 2018 08:09AM
WHAT...... I DON'T WHINE!!! No matter What my wife says! All I want is my new toy. Snif,snif,snif. Snow...Why does it have to be cold. Sob,grumble...
Hey where is My breakfast? Grumpy ;)

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: January 23, 2018 09:53AM
I may be an old curmudgeon but that is far better than being dead. Give it a little time and if you are lucky you might live long enough to join our elite group. But then again maybe you will not. I see a lot of obituaries for folks who are only in their 40's.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Novice Ron
Date: January 23, 2018 10:59AM
Hello,
I guess I'm on the old F--t list too. I'm 74 and just started in late Sept 2017. My coinage is now over $500, mostly clads but to me a find is a find. I have some Roosevelt silvers ( 4 ), 3 Mercury dimes and 3 rings, 2 being gold. I don't need to own a hyped up machine as my AT Pro and Whites Treasure Pro are doing just fine for me. I am enjoying getting out and finding things. I do dig a few pull-tabs but who doesn't ?? I do this sometimes as my gold rings came in at the pull-tab numbers. I also have some great new prospects when I don't have frozen ground. My arthritis bothers me in the hips but I refuse to give in to pain. So all you old guys keep digging may we all have a great 2018. JUST DIGGIN DIRT !!!
Novice Ron

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: January 23, 2018 11:24AM
Got a pretty low opinion of "Seniors" don't you SONNY!
Doctorcoinz
A high percentage of guys posting on these Metal Detecting forums are elderly guys in there 60 's 70's & maybe some in there 80 's. I think that is why so much whingeing and negative comments come from.
Old men love love digging out that lovely pull tab or junk ring!. The forums are full of insane junk hunting old men!; :laugh: and yes impatience may come from the fact they want to use an equinox before it's too late.....

Posted by: pasttom
Date: January 23, 2018 12:06PM
One more exercise in age discrimination. Many whines are not aged to a fine degree. My grandchildren do an excellent job of expressing their displeasure with many varied aspects of life. My great grandchildren are not there yet, but I know its coming. Whippersnappers just don't appreciate history like those of us who remember it as a current event of our youth, but they will (heh, heh, heh...).

Pastor Tom
5 Minelabs, 3 Makros, 2 TDIs, 3 Fisher & a Teknetics
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: January 23, 2018 12:27PM
Age debate:

Well it all stems from jealousy. Young people are jealous of older people because they want what older people have, and older people are jealous because they lost what young people have.

Now in regards to the Nox dragging it's feet for release, if you look around you will see SMARTER manufacturers are taking FULL advantage of it. In my famous conspiracy post, I pointed out this possibility as almost fact, I was right.

Posted by: dbado1
Date: January 23, 2018 09:30PM
Beyonder
Age debate:

Well it all stems from jealousy. Young people are jealous of older people because they want what older people have, and older people are jealous because they lost what young people have.

Now in regards to the Nox dragging it's feet for release, if you look around you will see SMARTER manufacturers are taking FULL advantage of it. In my famous conspiracy post, I pointed out this possibility as almost fact, I was right.[/quote

You keep saying that Minelab is "dragging it's feet" with the Nox release. They stated early on to expect release around Feb. So, they are right on the mark. As for "smarter" manufacturers... you must be referring to Mak/Nok... considering that you have been gushing about the Kruzer announcement. I like Mak/Nok as well...Iv'e had three of them. Good detectors. Personally, though, I don't understand your enthusiasm for the Kruzer release and your subsequent bashing of the Nox release. The Nox has EVERYTHING that the Kruzer has PLUS mode specific simultaneous multi freq. To me, the Kruzer is just another single freq (select-able) VLF. Nothing more than a waterproof Impact/Gold Racer (being waterproof is always an upgrade and should have been the standard in detectors for years). I believe most of us are tired of manufactures re-packaging (waterproofing) their old tech and marketing it as the latest greatest thing as Nok/Mak has just done. VLF is old tech and reached it's peak long ago. If Nok/Mak would have announced a simultaneous multi freq OR a PI unit...now THAT would have got my attention! I'm underwhelmed by the Kruzer offering considering the new tech that Minelab is launching.

Dean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2018 09:52PM by dbado1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login