Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: a word or to
Posted by: cedarswamp
Date: January 30, 2018 10:33PM
Though it tary wait for it surely will come heard they were going to release two a month the guy looked chinese who parachuted in and gave it to Dr,? maybe a seated hunt will help hek I would jump from a plane with a trusty metrotech for that and hand it over.Sure minelab didnt sell out lol,,,,,CEDAR

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: January 31, 2018 07:51AM
cedarswamp
Though it tary wait for it surely will come heard they were going to release two a month the guy looked chinese who parachuted in and gave it to Dr,? maybe a seated hunt will help hek I would jump from a plane with a trusty metrotech for that and hand it over.Sure minelab didnt sell out lol,,,,,CEDAR

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 31, 2018 07:55AM
Jason in Enid

:lol::lol: (Wiping 5 hour energy off my dashboard)

Posted by: mrsspk
Date: January 31, 2018 08:51AM
Rich (Utah)

Dug a Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday. Any Equinox guys find anything:surprised:

mrsspk,

Photos Please ! Don't leave us HANGING. :drool: And you've got to do better than "Dug an Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday", we need DETAILS. Lots of DETAILS. :poke: Oh, and don't forget to include your Kruzer settings; must have information there. :goodnight:

Rich (Utah)

OK here are the details then.
Very cold snowy hunt in the woods where I located a couple cellar holes. Running in 3 tone, gain at 90, descrim at 15, nothing notched out, Fe volume at 2, stock tone break points, auto ground balance and I believe it was balanced in around the mid 80's. Started out with the EUD on but this area is pretty rocky with many roots and some area still frozen so I turned off the EUD. Dug the Indian head at about 6" partially on edge and between 2 rocks. Came in at around 42 on the target ID. I would have expected it to ring a little high but it was a good solid repeatable target that and the TID stayed very consistent.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: February 02, 2018 12:22AM
mrsspk

OK here are the details then.
Very cold snowy hunt in the woods where I located a couple cellar holes. Running in 3 tone, gain at 90, descrim at 15, nothing notched out, Fe volume at 2, stock tone break points, auto ground balance and I believe it was balanced in around the mid 80's. Started out with the EUD on but this area is pretty rocky with many roots and some area still frozen so I turned off the EUD. Dug the Indian head at about 6" partially on edge and between 2 rocks. Came in at around 42 on the target ID. I would have expected it to ring a little high but it was a good solid repeatable target that and the TID stayed very consistent.

:thumbup: Now that's a report Monte would be proud of.

Rich -

. . . . enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: ohiochris
Date: February 03, 2018 06:59PM
mrsspk
Dug a Indian head with my Kruzer yesterday. Any Equinox guys find anything:surprised:

You can find an indian head penny with any detector. I found plenty with the Tesoro bandido , silver sabre , and whites classics Ive had and they are just old beep/dig machines. I am just not seeing your point.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 03, 2018 07:10PM
shoover

Minelab has about a month and I'm cancelling my order and buying a deus. Just the facts. They released the info too early on the machine and now we have waited too long the excitement is turning into anger and frustration, and I am a die hard minelab user. If they can't get it together ill just jump on the xp train.

:nopity: you are welcome in the Deus camp anytime.. I want the Equinox because i need a waterproof detector. Never give up on my Deus.
Same here love my Deus sold my Etrac because it heavy and I have bad tennis elbow but that Etrac found me my first gold coin..
So until those Equinox ship someday I’ll still keep hunting with my Deus

Posted by: cedarswamp
Date: February 04, 2018 12:31PM
My opion at what point are we paying more for preformance than features if it can be done with cheaper machines then why be enticed with new technology.What does make sence is an all in one machine 1 coin hunt 2 relic 3 beach 4 gold prospect 5 water hunt if you are going to find use in all these scenarios, other wise you are paying high dollar for feaures that you wont use.Heres what I look for in a detector 1#Depth, 2#seperaion,3# I.D. where audio fades,4#ability in EMI,5#Ergonomics, 6# Ability in harsh soil, 7# Preformance tones/ battery life.8# Night hunting/back lit screen.This is why I have so many detectors they all excell differently in all these categories plus the pleasure of using them all.Really looking to see how the Equinox stands up here, and cant wait to see field tests from you all.The best metaldetector is the one you have with you that doesent exceed your abillity to know it.Heres my list Teknetics T2, Garret ATgold, Whites MXT,Tesoro Lobo s.t.,Blisstool v3,Minelab Excal,Equinox ? pending your results on this forum,,,,,CEDAR

Re: a word or toN/T
Posted by: sparkster
Date: February 05, 2018 11:50PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: razerback408
Date: February 06, 2018 05:41PM
IDXMonster

Ummmm .....and you wasted more time by replying?? Why are you even on this forum reading and posting wasting even more time???

If you're happy with the CTX....then so be it.........why are you even on this page bashing a over-hyped machine that isn't even out yet..................

Read ALL the posts. The first response is geared toward asinine clickbait that takes you not to more good information about the Equinox,but rather to a music video. For serious detectorists,that is not part of a serious discussion. It’s all kinds of this stuff floating around. This forum in particular is so bloated with BS(not actual facts and information regarding the Equinox) that the mods should just push the RESET button on it and start over. Just my take on it.
It’s really too early to say if it’s over-hyped or not,there’s just not enough intel. After the first year of it being out we will have a good idea what was right and what is wrong. I’d love to have one as a companion machine to my CTX. I just don’t wanna listen to Richard Marx in the meantime...
it was meant​ to be funny I did not realize that there was so meny but hurt people my bad ................ I voted for Trump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login