Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: There are federal regulations regarding this;
Posted by: markinswpa
Date: January 31, 2018 10:35AM
vlad
if something is back ordered the company must contact you in so many day and state, its still not available; do you want your money back, or continue to wait (an answer is given by the buyer.)
This continues after another period of time-I just do not recall if it is 60 days or what.
It is not a situation of the dealer's making; they must go by what the factory says and cannot deliver what is not there.
Usually, your card is not charged until the item is to be shipped by the larger outfits.

My card was charged when I ordered in Sept. But, my guy told me if at any point I changed my mind he would give me a refund. Granted I didn't think it would this long of a wait but IN FOR A PENNY-IN FOR A POUND now. Upside is that bill has already been paid so when they do come in I'll have a little room to order some accessories--if they ever figure out pricing. Like most I can't wait for that knock on the door but I'm with those that say I'd rather have it right -than- right now. And yea, Minelab could've been more vocal as to whats going on. I think its their lack of info thats got everybodys back up. Just my thoughts. Mark

Re: I had enough !
Posted by: dbado1
Date: January 31, 2018 11:20AM
Beyonder
Firstly, the issue that, "it's your fault and the dealers fault for taking the money early" has to stop because it's just spin. The customer were given the perception and even told false information, by the manufacturer, of an early December release date. So the argument that its the dealer/customer is invalid.

Secondly, I can't believe the callousness of late toward fellow members. This is the OP's second post, and is met with hostile memes, scorn and ridicule.

The Nox release is literally changing people's behavior, dividing the community, and causing a huge negative outlook on the people and the hobby in general.

Fishers1, I am also frustrated with this issue. With spring coming, you need to decide which option is best for you and your son. Use your best judgement.

Not "spin". It's the truth. The worn out "December "release date thing is spin and you keep spinning it. You are part of the problem. I wasn't being callous. Just giving the facts.

Dean

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: January 31, 2018 11:22AM
Beyonder
Firstly, the issue that, "it's your fault and the dealers fault for taking the money early" has to stop because it's just spin. The customer were given the perception and even told false information, by the manufacturer, of an early December release date. So the argument that its the dealer/customer is invalid.

Secondly, I can't believe the callousness of late toward fellow members. This is the OP's second post, and is met with hostile memes, scorn and ridicule.

The Nox release is literally changing people's behavior, dividing the community, and causing a huge negative outlook on the people and the hobby in general.

Fishers1, I am also frustrated with this issue. With spring coming, you need to decide which option is best for you and your son. Use your best judgement.

Callousness is born of continual abuse. the OP decided to creat a brand new thread fore the sole purpose of crying. I have no sympathy for crybabies. I have very little sympathy for anything in this world. Ive said it many times already, if you paid a dealer for your "pre-order" thats your fault. If you dont want the detector, cancel your order and go play somewhere else. MOST of us are fine waiting a couple weeks.

Date: January 31, 2018 12:08PM
Jason in Enid

Callousness is born of continual abuse. the OP decided to creat a brand new thread fore the sole purpose of crying. I have no sympathy for crybabies. I have very little sympathy for anything in this world. Ive said it many times already, if you paid a dealer for your "pre-order" thats your fault. If you dont want the detector, cancel your order and go play somewhere else. MOST of us are fine waiting a couple weeks.[/quote

Yep. Well said.

Dean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2018 12:10PM by dbado1.

Its like chosing the shortest line in check out lanes.
Posted by: Bleaver
Date: January 31, 2018 12:45PM
If you move to another line the one you just got out of will start to move.

Minelab made a mistake promoting this machine too early. I know they hoped to have folks postpone purchases they may have made on other machines and wait for the Equinox. Many got worked up, over excited, impatient, and Minelab not meeting production schedules did nothing to help. Of course probably 25% of the posts are from those who just love stirring up the pot and messing with others.

All that being said I do have hope that Minelab will meet their currently stated schedule.
Switching to another line now may be a mistake.

Even as a Tesoro affectionado I have some interest in this machine. But I'll wait until they are actually in the hands of the community and ACTUAL use reports start coming in. In the mean time have patience.

LAND (6): Troy Shadow X5; Silver Sabre uMax 3D, Cutlass II uMax 3D, Tesoro Vaquero 3D
WATER (3): Fisher CZ-21 (2ea) , Tesoro Sandshark;

Mississippi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2018 12:46PM by Bleaver.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: January 31, 2018 02:25PM
People just get frustrated and need to vent. The thread is most likely to let Minelab know that they have upset some customers by announcing a machine and then almost 6 months later still no solid release date. As i write this i do realize that they are making an announcement friday. One of the biggest things is that this machine is or was supposed to obsolete other machines and who wants to buy anything else for the last 6 months that is going to get obsoleted? Not me. So you have people and a lot of the detecting world on hold because of this tactic by Miinelab. I have talked to a couple of dealers and nothing is moving and what is moving is dirt cheap, there is not much of a market for new machines and used resale is stagnant! Any other machine and you would not be seeing all this resentment , anxiety, stress etc..... Yes some used machines are moving but only at fire sale prices.

So i am responding to the guy that started this thread like this: I sympathize with you and what you feel right now and totally understand i have 2 machines on order as well. But hang on just a bit longer as i think they will start shipping in a week or two. Whatever you do good luck in your future detecting!

Posted by: pasttom
Date: January 31, 2018 02:50PM
Gosh, I paid my money and someday will have a lovely surprise delivery. Until then I have a wealth of options to hunt with. I never expected (though I hoped for) an earlier delivery. If I didn't have other machines, I'd not have pre-ordered. I've seen other manufacturers take YEARS to get the new machine to shipping. Ever software updates could take years to be in hand. We are free to get on or off the merry-go-round where ever we like. Its not Minelab causing the furor here, its customers with unrealistic expectations. IMHO

Pastor Tom
6 Minelabs (7 when Equinox arrives), 3 Makros, 2 TDIs and some others
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Re: I had enough , just wait until Friday
Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: January 31, 2018 02:58PM
I think you will see more info on the release of the Equinox as I hear the info will be on Friday on the Minelab info page and be in or hands very soon now. I hope they are correct so we will be satisfied to have them, but many will not be able to use them for a while because of frozen ground. Then we can complain to the weather man and be unhappy that it is taking too long for the warm weather to show up. :argue:

Rick

Posted by: fishers1
Date: January 31, 2018 05:46PM
I can see already there are some great people on here and some trash people to and they know who they are. But like always it is the low end want to be's who get nasty. I am a high end user and try to detect every day. I have been detecting over 40 years and have run into a lot of trash talkers like this in the past. I was really commenting on Minelabs refusal to keep people up dated, in the end its their company . I hope these are worth waiting for.... I do not believe for a second all the hype and vague performance tests. But I have saw a couple good foreign tests to spark my interest. I guess another week isn't going to hurt since its still below freezing here in Central Pa. I hope you all have a great day and find tons of keepers.

Posted by: relicmeister
Date: January 31, 2018 08:36PM
I'd play you all my violin,, but unfortunately I can't, it's still on backorder!

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: January 31, 2018 08:54PM
People who gave money to dealers and then told everyone they "preordered" are retarded. I said this months ago - if you're "on the wait list with a dealer", all you did was give some guy who sells detectors out of his garage an INTEREST FREE LOAN. This is no one's fault but your own.

Date: January 31, 2018 08:56PM
Jason in Enid is consistently correct.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: January 31, 2018 09:16PM
A Harsh judge of ordinary folks who want to get into line. You are right about the commercial unwisdom of the arrangement, but a bit hard on ordinary folks who elect to trust sellers.

I put down (unasked) a deposit in order to secure first place in line with a ML dealer. I did it through PayPal and clearly labeled it as a “refundable deposit”. Ain’t I smart. Well, yes, maybe I am, but maybe 35 years of purchasing and subcontracting experience was my guide, along with reasons to have confidence with the person who I was dealing with.

The metal detector business has always had a “hard” edge. $120 of parts in a box, sold for $600 - a tax on hope - hope of treasure. Put that together with a multi-level distribution model with multiple distributors, mom-and-pop dealers and mass marketers all selling the same product - anybody wonder why it’s a jungle out there?

It is all changing rapidly. The brick and mortar dealers are disappearing fast. A bunch of online full-time and part-time guys are around, but mass-market outlets drive the majority of sales.

If you let somebody have your money months in advance, well that was your choice. It’s not like it was going to earn anything in the bank. On the other hand, if you let somebody “ping” your credit card months ago, and you don’t pay off the balance at the end of the month, then you are allowing yourself to be a victim, high interest rates for a promise.

Our school systems don’t teach basic consumer skills.

Minelab didn’t do any of this. Of course, they could have discouraged this behavior on the part of their dealers - they are hard enough to enforce terms on dealers which are in their interest - but I guess they aren’t interested in this particular problem.

Caveat emptor.

Rick Kempf

Date: January 31, 2018 09:36PM
Tyber0z
People who gave money to dealers and then told everyone they "preordered" are retarded. I said this months ago - if you're "on the wait list with a dealer", all you did was give some guy who sells detectors out of his garage an INTEREST FREE LOAN. This is no one's fault but your own.

Correct on both of your last posts.

It's unfortunate that some members bought in to the spin put out by members with " conspiracy theories" and such and are now coming apart at the seams. Apparently, there are good and not so good dealers out there ( no surprise there). Mine has kept me updated since the Nox was announced. He has never made me pay to " pre-order" any machine including the Nox. Thankfully, the unbearable mental anguish that some seem to be going through while waiting for the Nox to be delivered will end soon.

beegees,
If you would like the name of a very reputable dealer, please feel free to PM me.

Dean

Date: January 31, 2018 09:57PM
fishers1
I can see already there are some great people on here and some trash people to and they know who they are. But like always it is the low end want to be's who get nasty. I am a high end user and try to detect every day. I have been detecting over 40 years and have run into a lot of trash talkers like this in the past. I was really commenting on Minelabs refusal to keep people up dated, in the end its their company . I hope these are worth waiting for.... I do not believe for a second all the hype and vague performance tests. But I have saw a couple good foreign tests to spark my interest. I guess another week isn't going to hurt since its still below freezing here in Central Pa. I hope you all have a great day and find tons of keepers.

You're a brand new account with two posts to your name, spreading FUD and trying to rile people up. I don't care how long you've been detecting or what you think of the welcome you got here. Have fun with your AT Pro or whatever you buy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login