Posted by: kajunman
Date: January 31, 2018 11:11PM
Tyber0z
Jason in Enid is consistently correct.

Only in your microscopic mind.

A couple of random thoughts:
Posted by: DaveNV
Date: January 31, 2018 11:18PM
1. Given the anticipation level surrounding the release of this machine, it had better live up to the marketing hype, or the Minelab brand is going to take a serious hit.
And
2. Given that retail sales can be a dog-eat-dog world, still Minelab has done serious damage to the business of other detector makers, AND, more importantly, to a lot of the small detector retailers. Seems like the detecting world has been put on “pause,” waiting for this, the latest and greatest. If this turns out to be just another detector, this whole fiasco won’t soon be forgotten.

Re: I had enough !
Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: February 01, 2018 05:04AM
Dave you may be right. But on the other hand, it offers a lot so consider the price of the unit....... and performance once its out. It didnt cost you $2500 and IS salt water and raw gold capable. I dont doubt either of those claims. Lets get real..... its going to be compared to the CTX for dirt...... and the Xcal for salt water... and lets not forget the Deus. Is it their equal..... we will see very soon it seems. But realistically, i dont think we will be disappointed at this price.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 01, 2018 06:13AM
Glad I waited even though I could have preordered one with PayPal and made no payment till after I received the Equinox.
Good thing I have my updated Deus!

Posted by: N.D.JONES
Date: February 01, 2018 09:08AM
its called fake news.. So you will not spend your money on a Deus

Date: February 01, 2018 09:11AM
fishers1
I had enough of this. I prepaid for two Equinox's in Oct. and I am going to get my money returned and buy another unit for My son and I. That's a lot of money. And Minelab wants to keep you in the dark well that's not working for me. I have been detecting for over 40 years and have never saw anything like this.
its called fake news.... so you will not spend your money on a Deus

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 01, 2018 04:14PM
Minelab is building what I am near certain will prove to be an outstanding machine, with outstanding features, at an outstandingly affordable price. The fact that the machines are being sent to buyers roughly a month later than the original estimate provided us when the machine was unveiled at Detectival should -- in the grand scheme of things -- prove to be no more than a minor inconvenience, all things considered. As far as I'm concerned, the additional development/tweaks to the software that were occurring right up to the end, are a GOOD thing. Minelab COULD have released the machine prematurely, just to meet the "soft deadline" they floated (late December), but instead chose to make some last-minute improvements working in conjunction with their field-test team. I, for one, feel that Minelab is being crucified unfairly. To each his own.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Re: I had enough !N/T
Date: February 01, 2018 05:14PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: February 01, 2018 05:14PM
kajunman

Hurr durr durr, like I give a @#$%& about the opinion of some swamp-dwelling bayou boy.

Posted by: kajunman
Date: February 01, 2018 05:33PM
Tyber0z

Hurr durr durr, like I give a @#$%& about the opinion of some swamp-dwelling bayou boy.

Affirming my point for me. Too ez !

Posted by: dbado1
Date: February 01, 2018 05:45PM
sgoss66
Minelab is building what I am near certain will prove to be an outstanding machine, with outstanding features, at an outstandingly affordable price. The fact that the machines are being sent to buyers roughly a month later than the original estimate provided us when the machine was unveiled at Detectival should -- in the grand scheme of things -- prove to be no more than a minor inconvenience, all things considered. As far as I'm concerned, the additional development/tweaks to the software that were occurring right up to the end, are a GOOD thing. Minelab COULD have released the machine prematurely, just to meet the "soft deadline" they floated (late December), but instead chose to make some last-minute improvements working in conjunction with their field-test team. I, for one, feel that Minelab is being crucified unfairly. To each his own.

Steve

Well said,Steve.
Steve H, my dealer, and many others on the various forums advised to wait for the official announcement from Minelab regarding the shipping date. Minelab's official announcement came at the Partners Conference here in AZ.. They said that the machines would be in dealers hands at the end of January. They weren't too far off. I'm betting we see some in customer's hands in a week.

Dean

Posted by: lytle78
Date: February 01, 2018 05:56PM
Recess over - all you kids back to the classroom.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: February 04, 2018 08:00PM
dbado1

Firstly, the issue that, "it's your fault and the dealers fault for taking the money early" has to stop because it's just spin. The customer were given the perception and even told false information, by the manufacturer, of an early December release date. So the argument that its the dealer/customer is invalid.

Secondly, I can't believe the callousness of late toward fellow members. This is the OP's second post, and is met with hostile memes, scorn and ridicule.

The Nox release is literally changing people's behavior, dividing the community, and causing a huge negative outlook on the people and the hobby in general.

Fishers1, I am also frustrated with this issue. With spring coming, you need to decide which option is best for you and your son. Use your best judgement.

Not "spin". It's the truth. The worn out "December "release date thing is spin and you keep spinning it. You are part of the problem. I wasn't being callous. Just giving the facts.

Dean

Andy Sabisch
Minelab had hoped to have the Equinox out months ago and one thing led to another until we are in February with units starting to trickle out of Malaysia. With dealers being notified that they can expect 1 - 3 units depending on what had been pre-ordered, that leaves a large void of what people want versus what p[people will be able to get in the near term.

It is great that Minelab HOPES to have the pre-orders cleared by the end of the month but realistically, there is a large number of units that need to be built and shipped to meet that demand.

We all hope that they are caught up by the end of the month but time will tell as days are ticking by and the first shipment has not hit the dealers hands let alone the customers hands yet

So like December? Which is what I have been saying this entire time. This is straight from Andy, if anyone knows what Minelabs intentions were, he would.

Posted by: dbado1
Date: February 04, 2018 08:29PM
Beyonder,
You and beegees are one in the same aren't you? Same guy two different user names... same BS. There can be no other explanation.

Dean

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: February 04, 2018 09:12PM
dbado1
Beyonder,
You and beegees are one in the same aren't you? Same guy two different user names... same BS. There can be no other explanation.

Dean

Nope I don't even know him. You kept saying how I "made up" the early December release date so I had to show you that you were incorrect that I was creating spin. I was just reporting facts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login