Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Who can actually detect right now?
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: February 02, 2018 07:35AM
GKMan
So, we finally got news that our long awaited Equinox's will be arriving at our doorsteps some time soon for some of us. How many of us can actually detect this time of year though? Our ground will be pretty tough up here, but I will try nonetheless. I really look forward to seeing what people are finding. Although impossible to prove, it is fun to think that we will probably be the first ones to find a "lets say a flying eagle cent" with an Equinox.
HH

I can, it's going to be warm and sunny here in NM. It is extremely dry though, no rain in the last 3-4 months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 07:57AM by Dan(NM).

Posted by: jas415
Date: February 02, 2018 07:37AM
Keith, did you ever think about sneaking over to Matagorda Island and detect around the old AF base housing areas? I flew over there one time about 30 years ago and we went flounder gigging all night long. Only two planes there that night and it was quiet! Set up tents and camping gear right on the taxiway, about 100' foot from the inland side. Neat experience.

Posted by: GKMan
Date: February 02, 2018 07:41AM
I am squinting my eyes at all you guys!

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: February 02, 2018 07:44AM
GKMAN, I got that same weather station for Christmas but I havent gotten a mount set up for it yet.

As for weather, if you can stand 30 mile an hour winds its detectable in my area although no moisture in 90+ days has left the ground really, really, really dry.

Date: February 02, 2018 07:51AM
Jason in Enid
GKMAN, I got that same weather station for Christmas but I havent gotten a mount set up for it yet.

As for weather, if you can stand 30 mile an hour winds its detectable in my area although no moisture in 90+ days has left the ground really, really, really dry.

Hey Jason
Yeah I really like it. My mother bought one for my father and I. I found that my pool skimmer pole was an exact fit for the hole in the bottom of the unit. So I put it in there and extended it all the way and then ice climbed to the top of my roof which is about the recommended thirty feet. Mounted it on the toilet vent pipe. Climbing up there when it was covered in snow and ice was one of the stupider things I have done. Anyhow it has been working well.
Brr, sounds cold. How about along stream banks? Is it easier to dig for you there? I have had great luck digging colonial coins within steps of streams up here.

Gary
Dutchess County New York

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 08:03AM by GKMan.

Posted by: kajunman
Date: February 02, 2018 07:59AM
jas415
With some parts of Houston being demoed right now as a result of Harvey, there are hundreds of places to hunt, but not a great prospect of digging an old English penny. Maybe some older Spanish reales, 1700's, but I have only seen one 'large cent' dug here. A few 3 cent coins, mid 1800's coins, and I got a 1799 1/2 reale a few years ago. But, the weather is great at the moment. Mid 60's to mid 70's in the day.

Super old coins and relics are not the norm here. But, just the fact we can get out and hunt is awesome. Are you going to the Galveston Tamdc hunt ?

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: February 02, 2018 08:12AM
I dont care if there is a sheet of steel laying on the ground. Im going out! :spin:

Posted by: AustinEd
Date: February 02, 2018 08:26AM
I am in Texas. It was 75 degrees and sunny yesterday. Just give me my Nox!

Date: February 02, 2018 08:28AM
Beyonder
I dont care if there is a sheet of steel laying on the ground. Im going out! :spin:

If you set it up just right you'll detect right through it. Haha

That's it I'm moving south

Gary
Dutchess County New York

Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 02, 2018 08:31AM
Ground is frozen here in Ct but I live next to the beaches so I can go pick coins up off the beach after every storm.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: February 02, 2018 11:24AM
On my way out now to hunt a permission. :thumbup:

Cool, but perfect ground conditions.

Sorry You’re froze in Gary.

Rich

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: February 02, 2018 01:02PM
I just got done hunting to my neck in the Gulf...... SUNNY and smooth water. I unzipped my suit a couple of times because i got pretty warm. Started off at about 60 a 5 AM.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: February 02, 2018 01:24PM
Southwest Washington here... nothing a little rain gear can't handle for year round hunting... especially with the waterproof Equinox :) Tim.

Posted by: Chiloquin
Date: February 02, 2018 01:40PM
We are thawed out here in Idaho, at least in the valleys. the lake is still down, so lots of water hunts when it arrives.

Must be nice Dew, it was a minus 8 this morning hereN/T
Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: February 02, 2018 02:11PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login