Welcome! Log In Register
Seems that ML has violated one of the truisms of good sales practice:
Posted by: DaveNV
Date: February 04, 2018 01:55PM
"Under promise and over deliver."

Re: Seems that ML has violated one of the truisms of good sales practice:
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 04, 2018 02:02PM
How do we know? We haven't had them in our hands yet to see if they have "over-delivered," at least in terms of performance. (Unless you are talking specifically shipping dates -- which really was never a "promise").

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: February 04, 2018 02:22PM
There is nothing ML has said that has proven wrong. There is plenty that people have ASSumed that hasn't been as they Interpreted. Words have specific meaning; a company isn't responsible when someone cant follow the English.

Show us the press release that they lied in. No facts = no credibility.

God, this is getting so tedious. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Why cant some people just be happy with their own brand? There isn't One Machine to rule them all ferchrissakes.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: February 04, 2018 02:53PM
Champ Ferguson
There is nothing ML has said that has proven wrong. There is plenty that people have ASSumed that hasn't been as they Interpreted. Words have specific meaning; a company isn't responsible when someone cant follow the English.

Show us the press release that they lied in. No facts = no credibility.

God, this is getting so tedious. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Why cant some people just be happy with their own brand? There isn't One Machine to rule them all ferchrissakes.

Yep, another person who's only posts have been negative complaints.

I have even had people PM me saying how "under performing" the EQX is going to be. When you read every post they make (and some of them have been posting constantly) is only to talk up their brand.

Posted by: GKMan
Date: February 04, 2018 03:44PM
You guys get trolled every time.. Even if in this case I don't believe he was trying to. You don't like a thread ignore it and it will go away. Instead here it will be at the top of the forum for everyone to see...

OP
I am suprised there will only be a detector or two per dealer. At least that is what I'm hearing. It sounds like they're working hard to catch up though. Hopefully the over-deliver part will be with how happy we are all with it.

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: February 04, 2018 03:49PM
What promise have they failed to deliver on?

Posted by: DaveNV
Date: February 04, 2018 05:00PM
For all you whose heads are exploding over my “opinion,” notice I wrote “seems.” What I wanted to point out was the circus atmosphere surrounding the release of the detector. Is it Minelab’s fault? Maybe not. And I certainly wasn’t impugning the detector. I have owned several Minelabs and I expect this new one to be of similar quality. I just question the advisability of touting a detector that “is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors,” 5-6 months before it’s ready for release. Doubt that this is a circus? Look at all the posts on this forum about a detector only a small handful of people have seen, let alone operated.
If expressing my opinion has offended you, then I apologize. Thought this was the purpose of the forum.

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: February 04, 2018 05:17PM
Some interesting information... Tom Dankowski said he’s responsible for 6 weeks of the delay.
I’m assuming he is behind some important improvements that will make the wait for Equinox well worth it.

Bryan

Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Gold Monster
Takahashi FC-100DF

Date: February 04, 2018 05:28PM
DaveNV
For all you whose heads are exploding over my “opinion,” notice I wrote “seems.” What I wanted to point out was the circus atmosphere surrounding the release of the detector. Is it Minelab’s fault? Maybe not. And I certainly wasn’t impugning the detector. I have owned several Minelabs and I expect this new one to be of similar quality. I just question the advisability of touting a detector that “is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors,” 5-6 months before it’s ready for release. Doubt that this is a circus? Look at all the posts on this forum about a detector only a small handful of people have seen, let alone operated.
If expressing my opinion has offended you, then I apologize. Thought this was the purpose of the forum.

The circus, IMO, has been due to impatient people venting frustration due to unmet expectations. NOT because of any egregious behavior on the part of Minelab.

You don't have to apologize for having an opinion. BUT -- many of us who are here to actually discuss the machine and its potential in an intelligent way, have been trolled mercilessly by countless people who, for whatever variety of reasons, have seen the need to visit the forum for the first time, only to toss out some pot-stirring negative post, seemingly with no other purpose than to inflame and arouse anger. IN other words, TROLLING, pure and simple.

So, yes, some folks are a bit on edge, after enduring this for the past few months.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: Clad2Hunt
Date: February 04, 2018 07:35PM
Miracle machine is finally released. Being light weight is great but will it see what BBS and FBS didn't? I will be able to swing it longer for sure which may mean more targets, Only if they are there. Hoping it doesn't take as long to get enough units out there to meet demand. Lots of folks waited over a year to get an ordered ET.

Posted by: woody
Date: February 04, 2018 07:42PM
How do you "discuss a machine and its potential" when only a few testers have even seen an Equinox?

Posted by: dbado1
Date: February 04, 2018 08:16PM
beegees,
According to your " exit opus" posted earlier, you stated that you canceled your order ( like anybody cares) and were going away. So, why are you here trolling again? Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Dean

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: February 04, 2018 08:30PM
Everyone pay attention to those who have registered only recently and have posted nothing but trolling posts.

And I am STILL waiting on one of the trolls/shills to show me something that ML has said that was wrong. Misdirection by blaming consumer 'misintrepretation' is laughable.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 08:31PM by Champ Ferguson.

Date: February 04, 2018 08:34PM
Wow, beegees. That was something else. Kind of hard to believe, actually.

I will say one thing -- you know nothing about me, who I am, what I do.

From there, I'll let the words of Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi say the rest, about your recent post directed at me...

G'day.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Posted by: dbado1
Date: February 04, 2018 08:40PM
Champ Ferguson
Everyone pay attention to those who have registered only recently and have posted nothing but trolling posts.

And I am STILL waiting on one of the trolls/shills to show me something that ML has said that was wrong. Misdirection by blaming consumer 'misintrepretation' is laughable.

"Consumer misinterpretation". Yep!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login