Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Australian Rules? :poke:
Posted by: vlad
Date: February 05, 2018 05:56AM
pay now, and we will get it out someday....meanwhile your $ is in our bank account. (safe and drawing interest)
I guess Malaysia has a good labor pool too; avg. wage is $2 USD per day.

Re: Seems that ML has violated one of the truisms of good sales practice:
Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: February 05, 2018 09:02PM
beegees

What promise have they failed to deliver on?

-----------------------------------
Right up to February 02, Minelab's website only notice on the Equinox specifically told preorder customers to "expect" deliveries to start late January. It quite specifically claimed the plan was to have the units in dealers hands by that time, and "thus" to "expect" them to start being delivered to preorder customers at that time. Not a single person had a unit being shipped to them by late January as claimed. What's more, the dealers also did not. This notice was on their page for a long time. It was the only notice, the only information stated by Minelab online. What's more, a number of you spinning Minelab stooges constantly TROLLED us saying we should stop listening to rumors, and stop noticing the indicators that they would be late and only focus on what Minelab has said. That announcement on their site was explicitly posted here word for word many times because back then you would not acknowledge it, even though many of you kept pointing us to it. Because, you are a defacto Minelab forum police spinning troll, Tyber0z . That is only one of the dates afford by them that they failed to meet. But it quite literally was, the only official Minelab and public online notice from which you cannot deny happened.
----------------------------------

So, I simply asked the original poster to explain what "promise" he meant, and this is the response I get from Beegees? Why am I not surprised that the three-week old account is still attacking people relentlessly, even after he said he was leaving? I'm inclined to believe that beegees is one of our earlier anti-Equinox troll-artists that we chased away by continually standing up to him, and now he is back to resume his attack. That's just a guess, though. I have no evidence to support it.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: February 06, 2018 08:09PM
So where’s my EQ 800? it’s well into February - still butkas.

I don’t mind waiting, but the time for space ranger hair splitting is rapidly running out.

Rick Kempf

Date: February 06, 2018 11:15PM
beegees

What promise have they failed to deliver on?

So, I simply asked the original poster to explain what "promise" he meant, and this is the response I get from Beegees? Why am I not surprised that the three-week old account is still attacking people relentlessly, even after he said he was leaving? I'm inclined to believe that beegees is one of our earlier anti-Equinox troll-artists that we chased away by continually standing up to him, and now he is back to resume his attack. That's just a guess, though. I have no evidence to support it.

Same old story from you. If anyone suggests they are late on anything, you ask the question, "...where is there proof of being late". "Now it's "...what promise did they fail you on." Every time you are johnny on the spot trying to get us to type more to prove it. Once proved, you start the character assassinations. Clockwork.

Actually I'll have to check if there is a way to block your post from my eyes from now on. So tired of your spin and attacks on people's posts.

If anyone is "spinning" things, it's YOU. I am not making any excuses for Minelab. The original poster said that they "violated" a good sales practice, and that they "over promised". I only asked specifically what "promise" the poster meant. I didn't even challenge the idea that Minelab "over promised and under delivered" - I merely asked what promise he meant. You are the one twisting stuff up in your little noggin. I'm sorry if asking a question for clarification is akin to demanding the highest burden of proof.

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: February 06, 2018 11:17PM
I think Andy deleted his post even though it was right on and tells it like it is, too many new people to this forums that think they no more than those that have 30 plus years of detecting. In order to keep peace and use this Equinox forum as intended he deleted his post.
We are seeing more BS on this forum and too many assuming when the Equinox should have been released, too many want this detector to do thing no other detector can do and feels instead of the operator learning what it can do they want it to work better then they they can do and understand.
Minelab made the mistake of announcing this detector until the testing done and a final product ready to make. Then again if they waited until after Christmas to announce it many people would be mad because they just bought a new detector for Christmas, so either way we are going to have people mad at Minelab.
What we are seeing is like the little girl on Willy Wonka that wants everything now no matter what it is even though many cant use it anyway because of the weather.
My biggest concerns is if it is ready to release or if they are releasing it to satisfy some that keep saying they want it now.
I am going to sit back and read any info like the owners manual and any field testers reports and wait for my dealer say mine is on it way before I get too excited as it will come sooner or later and just hope it is before our ground thaws. :thumbup:

Rick

Sovereign GT
soon to be added the Minelab Equinox 800 and the Makro Kruzer
Noka Impact Pro
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them

Date: February 06, 2018 11:28PM
beegees
At this point I'm thinking the image they shared on facebook showing pallets "wrapped" and one pallet unwapped with EQx loaded might be a photoshop job. Either photoshopped, or that one unwrapped pallet with a couple boxes on it was literally all that got shipped.

This is how far the level of discourse has sunk on these forums. A brand-new member who regularly attacks other folks is sitting here suggesting that MINELAB is photoshopping images to deceive their customers. This is outrageous and I really wish the mods would get their thumbs from outside their fourth points of contact and do something.

Here is the photo in question, which I have run through a trusted image forensics website. It does not indicate that there has been any editing of the image. The only reason it's "medium" and not "high" confidence is because it was posted to Facebook and then re-downloaded. There are more in-depth checks that can be performed to further prove this is an authentic image, but let's not even indulge this cretin any further.

And let me take this opportunity to point out the following; beegees - this insufferable troll - in this very thread, chastised me for seeking "proof", saying "Every time you are johnny on the spot trying to get us to type more to prove it." when I had the audacity to ask "What promise have they failed to deliver on?". Then he immediately writes another post suggesting that Minelab is purposefully deceiving us all, and NO ONE challenges him. Well here I am. I am challenging him. And I will continue to do so because he is a goddamn nuisance and should be chased off this board for the @#$%& he is trying to pull.

Seriously, wrap your heads around this: HE IS SUGGESTING MINELAB IS EDITING IMAGES TO DECEIVE YOU. Why do we even humor people like this?

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: February 06, 2018 11:56PM
Tyber0z

At this point I'm thinking the image they shared on facebook showing pallets "wrapped" and one pallet unwapped with EQx loaded might be a photoshop job. Either photoshopped, or that one unwrapped pallet with a couple boxes on it was literally all that got shipped.

This is how far the level of discourse has sunk on these forums. A brand-new member who regularly attacks other folks is sitting here suggesting that MINELAB is photoshopping images to deceive their customers. This is outrageous and I really wish the mods would get their thumbs from outside their fourth points of contact and do something.

Here is the photo in question, which I have run through a trusted image forensics website. It does not indicate that there has been any editing of the image. The only reason it's "medium" and not "high" confidence is because it was posted to Facebook and then re-downloaded. There are more in-depth checks that can be performed to further prove this is an authentic image, but let's not even indulge this cretin any further.

And let me take this opportunity to point out the following; beegees - this insufferable troll - in this very thread, chastised me for seeking "proof", saying "Every time you are johnny on the spot trying to get us to type more to prove it." when I had the audacity to ask "What promise have they failed to deliver on?". Then he immediately writes another post suggesting that Minelab is purposefully deceiving us all, and NO ONE challenges him. Well here I am. I am challenging him. And I will continue to do so because he is a goddamn nuisance and should be chased off this board for the @#$%& he is trying to pull.

Seriously, wrap your heads around this: HE IS SUGGESTING MINELAB IS EDITING IMAGES TO DECEIVE YOU. Why do we even humor people like this?

Since I was the direct answer to his post I assume you meant that I am humoring him, so I will answer you. If you read my post to him, I IGNORED his photoshop comment and address his other concerns. You see, if someone posts something that is "outrageous", I have a choice, IGNORE it, or point out where they may have been mis-informed. However, I do not feel the need to address someone EVERY SINGLE TIME because they have a different opinion than me, or that they are wrong. People make mistakes. No one is perfect.

Date: February 07, 2018 12:41AM
Beyonder
Since I was the direct answer to his post I assume you meant that I am humoring him,

Nah, I wasn't talking about anyone specifically.

Posted by: kajunman
Date: February 07, 2018 05:29AM
beegees
At this point I'm thinking the image they shared on facebook showing pallets "wrapped" and one pallet unwapped with EQx loaded might be a photoshop job. Either photoshopped, or that one unwrapped pallet with a couple boxes on it was literally all that got shipped. Maybe the trucker decided to sell them on ebay soon for twice as much instead of deliver.

Who know's what is to be believed in all of this. Then this forum is deleting threads of EQ info written by well known Andy S. and maybe others. It's truly bizarre. My first attempt at becoming a minelab customer and this was my introduction. Been reading here in a couple detector forums a long time and never saw anything like this event discussed here before. Nor the actions of some of the people here being like they have during this. It's truly a shame. I feel a little worse everytime I get into back and forth discussions with some of them.

If I could ask for some truthful opinions, I would ask what brand detector and what model I should target in two weeks besides this mess that I could fairly trust. Obviously I've put aside enough for the 800, just got it back recently. Is there anything out there that approximates anywhere near what this EQ was claimed to be at one time? Like, does a Whites MX Sport (...new versions) really work? Anyone have a working model? The Kruzer Multi sounds interesting, and their own videos seem quite honest on it's depth limits. The depths I really wasn't all that impressed with. They don't seem to be hiding anything which is great, but I wish I had someone to ask that I could still believe at this point. My distrust might extend to dealers now after my experience recently. I know there are a number of good people here still. The Deus + the coil everyone is getting for it now is really over what I could afford I think. Maybe save up for it if need be. I guess I'll get in touch with a local club and see what they think.

If you hunt saltwater don't get an MX Sport. The Multi Kruzer is getting good reviews. There are plenty of videos showing that it is a formidable detector. It also has a good coil selection. You can pick up a great deal on a used Deus if you so choose, you have to keep an eye on the classifieds. Sven is a Canadian who has a Multi Kruzer. Maybe you could dm him for some info. He's very forthcoming and has nothing to hide. He even has his own website and is legit.

As for this Minelab thing, usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's been an interesting follow. Makro did it right with their release of the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer. Minelab not so much.

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: February 07, 2018 06:41AM
AHH So I am not crazy I thought I posted something on here about TESTERS and FREE detectors and it isn't here anymore.

CTX 3030

Date: February 07, 2018 06:44AM
Hell if that picture really shows all they have that isn't many at all photoshop or no photoshop.

Tyber0z

CTX 3030

Date: February 07, 2018 06:46AM
Never mind screaming to delete post and remove members which I am getting sick of and I have been here since the beginning on this forum.
He isn't attacking anyone with names and threats just ignore him if you don't like his post jeesh.

Beyonder

Since I was the direct answer to his post I assume you meant that I am humoring him, so I will answer you. If you read my post to him, I IGNORED his photoshop comment and address his other concerns. You see, if someone posts something that is "outrageous", I have a choice, IGNORE it, or point out where they may have been mis-informed. However, I do not feel the need to address someone EVERY SINGLE TIME because they have a different opinion than me, or that they are wrong. People make mistakes. No one is perfect.

CTX 3030

Posted by: mrsspk
Date: February 07, 2018 06:53AM
First and foremost, I am a Minelab user with a CTX3030, E Trac and Explorer2. That being said my criticism of the Equinox release is Information. They have given out just enough information to appease those dead set on buying this new detector. They made an announcement in Sept and there has been only a trickle of information. When this happens then people tend to do the next best thing, they speculate, assume and criticize.
Now I understand they cannot release tons of info on the unit since they are still getting feedback and tweeking the unit BUT they can at least throw a couple crumbs and give out some basic info but they decided to just let the fervor build.
I recently had the opportunity to test a unit from another manufacture. All testers were required to sign a NDA with some basic rules. Now this is where they took a different road than Minelab, as soon as this manufacture announced the release of this model us testers were told we could share info about it, the only "rule" was we had to explain that we had a test model and that some things may change by the time a production model hit the shelves. Some manufacture could learn a thing or two here.
Now I know Minelab wants to get this right the first time and I am all for that BUT I think you need to show a little more concern for your customers and make them feel like they are still in the loop. Even if they have no new news just say so and tell your customers that you value them and want them to have the finest product they can produce. Apologize, even if its not your fault, this is all CS 101 here. I am sure they will learn much by the way they handled this release and improve on the next.
Like many others I only hope this new tech is worth the wait and all the drama that comes with it.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: February 07, 2018 07:51AM
Tyber0z

...... I really wish the mods would get their thumbs from outside their fourth points of contact and do something.

Hahaha, "fourth point of contact". Airborn! death from above!

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: February 07, 2018 07:54AM
kajunman

As for this Minelab thing, usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's been an interesting follow. Makro did it right with their release of the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer. Minelab not so much.

Makro didnt create anything new. They took an existing detector and slapped it in a waterproof case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login