Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Did a little testing with my 800 today here are some VID #'s
Posted by: bigelow
Date: February 11, 2018 04:25PM
Did a little testing today with my 800 and got a few VID/Target ID's to share. They seemed to be pretty consistent regardless of frequency and mode, those factors mostly affected depth/sensitivity. These were all acquired with default park 1 settings, multi frequency and coil approx 3 inches above ground to try to remain consistent. Sorry my friends across the pond I dont have many of your coins to test with but will try to keep adding more in future.

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Re: Did a little testing with my 800 today here are some VID #'s
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 11, 2018 04:35PM
THANKS, bigelow!

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Bill_S
Date: February 11, 2018 04:42PM
Thanks for the chart. Looks like the zinc penny will fall right between two zones. The low conductive and the high conducive zone. Will probably make for some mixed sounds on targets in the zinc zone depending on how a person sets up the audio and discrimination.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 04:45PM by Bill_S.

Date: February 11, 2018 04:47PM
Good point that does make a tight window... lots of settings to play with that might separate them better, this is just a noob trying to study it and learn lol
Bill_S
Thanks for the chart. Looks like the zinc penny will fall right between two zones. The low conductive and the high conducive zone. Will probably make for some mixed sounds on targets in the zinc zone depending on how a person sets up the audio and discrimination.

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Date: February 11, 2018 04:49PM
I do have those but had limited time today, I will keep updating list as I go. just grabbed a bin of stuff from my desk I have lots of cons and other stuff just all mixed currently
Bayard
You had a kilo silver bar, but, not a silver dime or silver quarter?

Date: February 11, 2018 04:50PM
It would have been nice to have the real corroded zincs hit about 18-19 and the non corroded around 22-23. But hey they didn't ask me my opinion....Lol

Date: February 11, 2018 04:51PM
good point again... the zinc I used here was pretty clean.. I think I will get one of my 2 billion corroded ones later to see how it hits :P
Bill_S
It would have been nice to have the real corroded zincs hit about 18-19 and the non corroded around 22-23. But hey they didn't ask me my opinion....Lol

Date: February 11, 2018 04:52PM
Sounds good let me know what you come up with. I should have mine next week.

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: February 11, 2018 04:55PM
Good stuff!
Thanks for your efforts bigelow

Minelab Equinox 800

Posted by: GKMan
Date: February 11, 2018 05:01PM
Thank you Bigelow..

Gary
Dutchess County New York
I love The Game of Tones....
Present: Equinox 800.
Past: CTX-3030 Minelab E-Trac, Explorer II, Sovereign
Detecting Since 1984 Using Minelab since mid 90s

Posted by: Elton
Date: February 11, 2018 05:03PM
bigelow
I do have those but had limited time today, I will keep updating list as I go. just grabbed a bin of stuff from my desk I have lots of cons and other stuff just all mixed currently

Bigelow.. We thank you for what you are doing. And appreciate the time your taking making your posts. Again Thank you.

Administrator of Finds Treasure Forums
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Date: February 11, 2018 05:08PM
Thank you folks, I feel for those of you still waiting so I figured I can offer a little of my time to help ease your pains... hoping you all get them soon.
Elton

Bigelow.. We thank you for what you are doing. And appreciate the time your taking making your posts. Again Thank you.

Posted by: pacer
Date: February 11, 2018 05:24PM
Appreciate your time and effort putting together those VIDs.

Date: February 11, 2018 09:40PM
Some people on the Equinox facebook forums are pretty critical so far with this small sample of results (probably angry they dont have a machine yet) anyhow just wanted to make it known this was done simply for my studies to learn about the machine, and I decided to share with the world. Everyone here has been positive and I appreciate that. I just figure the more we share regardless of content the more is out there to help us all master the machine. Being I have had my machine about 24 hours now tops I am still learning obviously and this is just a step in that direction. Hope it helps someone. :)

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 11, 2018 09:53PM
bigelow, I know it sounds cliché and so I hate to say it, but "ignore the haters." ESPECIALLY on social media. Very little good comes from social media, IMO...

I avoid it like the plague...

Thank you for sharing what you did. You have had the machine for 24 hours, did some initial, cursory things for your own curiosity, and decided to share it with the world, just in case anyone is interested. And what do you get? CRITICISM?

Oh, well. Par for the course, I guess.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login