Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Global and local settings not sure?
Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: February 12, 2018 07:09PM
I think I no what’s going on but....it says .and I got this from the manual...When you are adjusting Settings and Advanced Settings, the icons of afected Detect Modes will appear on the LCD......not sure what they are getting at.. it has global settings....semi global settings ...local settings...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2018 07:12PM by Ksdirt.

Re: Global and local settings not sure?
Posted by: bigelow
Date: February 12, 2018 07:19PM
I noticed when i long pressed the buttons to go to the advanced settings that it did display a few modes (i.e. park and beach only) and at one point all 4 modes (park, field, beach, and gold) lit up meaning all of those modes were adjusted with that option basically a 3 level family tree where the parents inherit the grandparents settings and the kids inherit both the grandparents and parents settings, if that makes sense... trying to help you visualize it better lol

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: February 12, 2018 11:53PM
Global setting will affect all the modes, so anything you set in that mode will also carry over to all the modes. The local modes only affect the mode you are in when adjusting it and do not carry over to other modes and the semi mode when adjusting will only affect a few modes. That is what I get out of what is explained in the owners manual.

Rick

Sovereign GT since 1996
the Minelab Equinox 800 since March 2018
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them all

Posted by: bigelow
Date: February 13, 2018 02:03AM
Yep this is accurate and less confusing than my answer lol
Rick(ND)
Global setting will affect all the modes, so anything you set in that mode will also carry over to all the modes. The local modes only affect the mode you are in when adjusting it and do not carry over to other modes and the semi mode when adjusting will only affect a few modes. That is what I get out of what is explained in the owners manual.

Rick

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Posted by: jas415
Date: February 13, 2018 07:29AM
So, after I get through screwing up every program via a 'global' change, I do some sort of 'reset' to get back to factory settings, correct? I know me, I will jack it up!

Posted by: laplander
Date: February 13, 2018 07:31AM
Rick(ND)

Rick
Agreed Rick!
So with this in mind and all the comparisons going on with people flipping between modes we need to be aware that they may have settings that are not properly adjusted or actually the same. Therefore we may not getting true apple to apple comparisons!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login