Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Equinox 800 in salt water New video
Posted by: robinb
Date: February 13, 2018 10:59AM
CCadrin

I can get tiny earring with my CTX near the surface that is a pretty big chain so the CTX would probably hit it on the surface too.

I just took my CTX out in the yard to hit a thin gold chain and I could not. I was running a full open screen; auto+3 and a manual 27; low trash, high trash, and ferrous coin.

i will give it a go on mine wednesday

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: February 13, 2018 11:21AM
I would have to watch the video again but I think it was a gangsta chain not a thin chain.

NOX 800

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: February 13, 2018 03:40PM
I would have liked to have had a shot of the chain up close in his hand before the test. That would give us some idea as to the link size. No it didnt seem like a large chain except in length. But ive tested long vs short chains.... even balled up if the machine dont like um it dont like um.... and if you have to scrub the coil just to get a beep... chances are you just left that one.

Dew

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Posted by: pasttom
Date: February 13, 2018 04:13PM
Some pretty darn good detectors son't even smile when you rub a gold chain on their bottom!

Pastor Tom
A Tarsacci MDT 8000, an Equinox 800 and ORX/Deus
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: February 14, 2018 07:00AM
Yup if Gary is hitting that chain in the Salt I'm IN!!!
I've been waiting for exactly this!!! Wish I had that EQ here in Cancun with me now. Got lots of competition here that I've met including a couple Canadians living here for months. I've done well but photo hosting is a pain. Fooling around with google photos to put something up. Wifi bandwidth unless I'm in my villa sucks, cellular data is precious for the time I have left. I hit thin silver chains with my PI but it's that thin gold that is elusive. Big rings at 12" plus have been no problem...When I finally get over one.

Ya-Hoo!

Posted by: Ytcoinshooter
Date: February 14, 2018 07:07AM
The video I saw by the good guys hitting that thin chain in the saIt water was all I was waiting for. Need that here in Cancun now! Lots of competition here. - where'd my last post go? Could be so slow...MX connection...:rofl:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login