Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Who has one and a CTX ?
Posted by: robinb
Date: February 13, 2018 05:54AM
Can someone who has the EQ and the CTX confirm if the headphone tread is the same on both machines or not.

Ie an M12

I know it won't work as it needs a 3.5mm jack internally.

I am going to make an adapter but want to know about the tread on the body so I can order the parts.

thanks

Re: Who has one and a CTX ?
Posted by: bigelow
Date: February 13, 2018 06:26AM
I have both let me take a look
robinb
Can someone who has the EQ and the CTX confirm if the headphone tread is the same on both machines or not.

Ie an M12

I know it won't work as it needs a 3.5mm jack internally.

I am going to make an adapter but want to know about the tread on the body so I can order the parts.

thanks

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Date: February 13, 2018 06:38AM
thanks

Date: February 13, 2018 06:44AM
I just screwed my grey ghost from my ctx right into it so threading is same... good to know let me know how your project comes along

:minelab: Equinox 800 :minelab: Excalibur II :minelab: CTX3030 :tesoro: Compadre :fisher: CZ3D :fisher: F75LTD :fisher: Gold Bug Pro :whites: M6 XP Deus :garrett: Propointer

Date: February 13, 2018 06:49AM
excellent thanks, going to order some bits

Date: February 13, 2018 06:49AM

Date: February 13, 2018 06:50AM
Im curious as to why the CTX has so many prongs?

Date: February 13, 2018 06:52AM
bigelow
Im curious as to why the CTX has so many prongs?

No idea as only 3 are used and 2 of those are shorted for headphone detection.

I know its very very early days but what are your thoughts vs ctx ?

Posted by: jas415
Date: February 13, 2018 07:03AM
So are the Eq headsets monaural?

Wasnt there some issue about the CTX with the 1/4 jack needing an adaptor (monaural or stereo???) or something so a different headset would work? I have the CTX and know I had to get an adaptor for ear buds and am planning on using ear buds with the Eq. So, is the Eq 1/8" jack monaural or stereo and is there a need for some special adaptor for almost all stereo ear buds, or are all the same? Or am I really confused about the issue? Confused, yep, that is probably correct.

Date: February 13, 2018 07:13AM
Very good question I would have thought the EQ is mono.

The ctx issue was due to the headphone detect method and had to be 1 pair of pins shorted out.

I am assuming (maybe incorrectly ) that the EQ uses the mechanical method of disconnecting the speaker used with jack plugs.

Until I get me hands on one, or read otherwise will be testing this out asap.

Date: February 13, 2018 07:15AM
It is stereo, at least the plug that came for my wireless has the 2 rings on it
jas415
So are the Eq headsets monaural?

Wasnt there some issue about the CTX with the 1/4 jack needing an adaptor (monaural or stereo???) or something so a different headset would work? I have the CTX and know I had to get an adaptor for ear buds and am planning on using ear buds with the Eq. So, is the Eq 1/8" jack monaural or stereo and is there a need for some special adaptor for almost all stereo ear buds, or are all the same? Or am I really confused about the issue? Confused, yep, that is probably correct.

Date: February 13, 2018 07:18AM
Yes I guess they did that as it is easier to source stereo plugs than mono ones. (or headphones)

Date: February 13, 2018 07:26AM
how would i test? would i need mono headphones?
robinb
Yes I guess they did that as it is easier to source stereo plugs than mono ones. (or headphones)

Date: February 13, 2018 07:28AM
Plug in some stereo ones and see if it gives a stereo signal.

I thinks its mono only as stereo might be a bit confusing when detecting.

any cheap headphones will do

Date: February 13, 2018 07:51AM
I plugged in some earbuds but dont know what im listening for, i dont hear any echo effects to me I would call it mono
robinb
Plug in some stereo ones and see if it gives a stereo signal.

I thinks its mono only as stereo might be a bit confusing when detecting.

any cheap headphones will do

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login