Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Equinox Battery Pic
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: February 17, 2018 10:43PM
A guy I know sent me a couple of pics of the battery out of an Equinox 800. It took a total 3-4 minutes to remove, plugs into a pigtail inside the handle. So much for all the rumors and fear mongering about the battery being non-replaceable. What company in it's right mind would design a product that cannot be repaired :rage:

Re: Equinox Battery Pic
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 17, 2018 11:59PM
LOL!

Guess that wasn't so hard... :rofl:

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: February 18, 2018 07:04AM
Well that did not take long for the photo to show up. Looks like 5 screws, two O-Rings and WOOOLA.
I put the photos in my archive, trusting I will not need them for 4-7 years.

Thanks for the post!

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: February 18, 2018 08:17AM
Now....why didnt ML just say this? Why do we have to figure something so simple out and discuss its for weeks. Which by theway gets people mad causing more disruption to the flow of good info. A little shared information goes a long way. This is the one thing that has alway my grip about ML. Love the machines.... but their willingness to communicate or make changes bites. We know they follow these threads.... but I guess its like someone said publicity is publicity. ... good or bad. But it makes me hate to come to these sites.

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Date: February 18, 2018 08:32AM
dewcon4414
Now....why didnt ML just say this? Why do we have to figure something so simple out and discuss its for weeks. Which by theway gets people mad causing more disruption to the flow of good info. A little shared information goes a long way. This is the one thing that has alway my grip about ML. Love the machines.... but their willingness to communicate or make changes bites. We know they follow these threads.... but I guess its like someone said publicity is publicity. ... good or bad. But it makes me hate to come to these sites.

I think a little bit of facts go a long ways. I think Minelab owes me a new EQ800 :super:

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: February 18, 2018 08:44AM
Nice did the torx screw have to be removed for it to come out?

NOX 800

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 08:44AM by greenmeanie.

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: February 18, 2018 08:46AM
Yeah I don't see anything TOP SECRET there Minelab could of told us and sell the replacement seals too.
The double seals would of been nice on the CTX battery that is for sure.

NOX 800

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 08:47AM by greenmeanie.

Date: February 18, 2018 08:47AM
greenmeanie
Nice did the torx screw have to be removed for it to come out?

The small one had to be be removed.

Posted by: Flbchbm
Date: February 18, 2018 11:10AM
Surprised at the low voltage....

Posted by: TomNH
Date: February 18, 2018 11:29AM
Dan(NM)
A guy I know sent me a couple of pics of the battery out of an Equinox 800. It took a total 3-4 minutes to remove, plugs into a pigtail inside the handle. So much for all the rumors and fear mongering about the battery being non-replaceable. What company in it's right mind would design a product that cannot be repaired :rage:
Design a product that cant be repaired ? Already done. Most consumer electronics and appliances .........
HH
Tom
LFOD !

Date: February 18, 2018 12:07PM
TomNH

Design a product that cant be repaired ? Already done. Most consumer electronics and appliances .........
HH
Tom
LFOD !

Touche'

I guess I should have clarified my statement, detector manufacturers.

Thank you, and I stand corrected. Thank goodness.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: February 18, 2018 12:14PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Teknetics disaster with the S/T late 1980's sealed nicad batteries died, corroded and ate the circuit boards
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: February 18, 2018 01:26PM
They've been there, done that, and went out of business, very sad!

Jerry

Posted by: Digger
Date: February 18, 2018 02:23PM
This thread brings to mind the Fishers 555D-Pro that I bought new around 1980. The rechargeable battery pack was standard and guaranteed one full year. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After more than 47-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 02:42PM by Digger.

Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: February 19, 2018 12:52AM
Wow, a Chinese made battery and not a very big or high quality one. I mean as long as it works for people its not a problem but I am expecting quite a lot will fail because it is Chinese made.