Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
No comparison videos
Posted by: laplander
Date: February 18, 2018 07:20AM
Findmall rules don't allow side by side comparison's between other brands of detectors.
Your post will be moved to the Metal Detecting Forum.
It is fine to make comparisons between Minelab detectors.
Laplander

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 06:19PM by laplander.

Re: No comparrison videos
Posted by: silvercoinboy
Date: February 18, 2018 12:32PM
I am not used to such censorship on forums. Normally they are run for the benefit of the users not the sponsor. Kind of a shame

Military guy living in Europe.
1 Equinox 800
1 Equinox 600
Fisher F-70 and 1265x
Minelab Excalibur 1000 ( fixed, and working great!).
Old White's DB4 dude (Greybox Sears special) when I was a kid

Posted by: lytle78
Date: February 18, 2018 01:17PM
Forums are run for the benefit of the Forum Owner. They set the rules. All forums have them. Forums that sell sponsorship usually prohibit references to non-sponsor dealers. Likewise a lot of forums forbid links to competing forums. It’s a business.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: February 18, 2018 04:50PM
Thank you for your service to our country Sir.
silvercoinboy
I am not used to such censorship on forums. Normally they are run for the benefit of the users not the sponsor. Kind of a shame

Posted by: Charlives
Date: February 18, 2018 05:15PM
I completely understand the owner not wanting to upset sponsors but why are we allowed to compare detectors with written text and photos but not in videos?
Do you think the owner believes people's opinions are made more clearly in video?
Don't get me wrong...I have no problem with this rule...I'm just trying to ascertain why it's only applied to video.
EDIT-on re-reading I see you didn't mention just videos...subsequent posters did. Sorry, that makes sense now...no comparisons of any kind. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 05:24PM by Charlives.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: February 19, 2018 01:20AM
Charlives
I completely understand the owner not wanting to upset sponsors but why are we allowed to compare detectors with written text and photos but not in videos?
Do you think the owner believes people's opinions are made more clearly in video?
Don't get me wrong...I have no problem with this rule...I'm just trying to ascertain why it's only applied to video.
EDIT-on re-reading I see you didn't mention just videos...subsequent posters did. Sorry, that makes sense now...no comparisons of any kind. Thanks!

The appropriate place for metal detector comparisons is the METAL DETECTOR FORUM. That’s all he’s saying.

Re: No comparison videos
Posted by: earthmansurfer
Date: February 19, 2018 04:26AM
laplander
Findmall rules don't allow side by side comparison's between other brands of detectors.
Laplander

You know what they say about rules...

Signum 7272M
Detector - E-Trac
Pro-Pointer w/ Sidekick (supertuner)
Lesche Knife

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
Yoda

Posted by: Charlives
Date: February 19, 2018 04:53AM
Rich, His original statement didn't say anyting about moving posts to another forum section. He edited that in later.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: February 19, 2018 04:01PM
I thought a free country meant you could set up your forum any way you wanted...

Pastor Tom
An E 800 and several obsolete units
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Posted by: lytle78
Date: February 19, 2018 04:09PM
Anyway you want - as long as you OWN the forum.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: February 19, 2018 08:55PM
silvercoinboy

+1: Thank you for your service to our country, Sir. I completely understand what you are saying too.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: unearth
Date: February 22, 2018 11:33PM
laplander
Laplander
I'm curious as to why my post was moved. I asked a comparison question between the Equinox, E-trac and CTX, all Minelab detectors, and it was moved to the metal detecting forum. Why?

Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: February 23, 2018 04:26PM
I don’t think this will be an issue because pretty soon everyone’s going to find out that there is NO comparison!

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Comparisons
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 23, 2018 05:01PM
Come on all. The moderators are working hard to keep this an information avenue for Equinox Detectors.
Please cooperate, and do not make comparison written posts,or videos. Unless it is between Minelab products as Laplander has requested..

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: Gannon
Date: February 23, 2018 07:55PM
So we can post minelab comparison videos? Like Etrac vs Equinox?

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Equinox 800
FTY-18 —-18 silvers coins —-1 silver spoon Ring—-1 Gold Ring

The greatest hobby on Earth!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login