Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: A Few Equinox 600 Thoughts :minelab:
Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: March 01, 2018 02:39PM
JP.Diggzzit

600 come with wireless headphones ? If so...... then the 600 wold be a good deal

Except if you are a salt water beach hunter. You may lose some fine gold in choosing the 600. Take a look at the chart on page 30 of the on line manual.

El

How are you losing fine gold with the 600? The multi-frequency range is exactly the same for the 600 and 800. You can only run multi in beach mode.

"You can only run multi in beach mode."

Am I reading this correctly?

Posted by: biglry
Date: March 01, 2018 03:05PM
5900_XL-1

600 come with wireless headphones ? If so...... then the 600 wold be a good deal

Except if you are a salt water beach hunter. You may lose some fine gold in choosing the 600. Take a look at the chart on page 30 of the on line manual.

El

How are you losing fine gold with the 600? The multi-frequency range is exactly the same for the 600 and 800. You can only run multi in beach mode.

You might like to read nox 600 & 800 compairson for a lot more info and the straight talk from :minelab:
"The EQUINOX 600 is limited to 5 kHz, 10 kHz, and 15 kHz single frequencies, while the EQUINOX 800 also offers these plus the additional higher frequencies of 20 kHz and 40 kHz. This does not mean that the 600 is not employing the full multi-frequency range as part of the Multi-IQ processing. Multi-frequency operation is identical in the two models and provides the same maximum signal response to targets in Park, Field and Beach Detect Modes., The real magic of EQUINOX is in the Multi-IQ technology (not the single frequencies), therefore you can rest assured the EQUINOX 600 matches the EQUINOX 800 in this regard.​ "

Metal Detecting is my drug of choice.
I get high with an Equinox 800, Equinox 600, two Excalibur ll with 10" slim-line coils, Excalibur 1000 with 10" BBS, Mr. Gold's phones, Plugger carbon fiber shafts, Sov GT with Patrick meter mod & S12 coil. Last, but not least a Tesoro Cibola with a 11x8 Delta DD coil.

Integrity is what we do when we think no one is looking.

Posted by: JP.Diggzzit
Date: March 01, 2018 03:15PM
5900_XL-1

El

Multi frequency is the only option in beach modes. Single frequency selection and multi available in all other modes.

Posted by: Always Curious
Date: March 01, 2018 05:03PM
The Equinox 600 does not include the wireless headphones. However, it has the APTX low latency transmitter the same as the Equinox 800; and for $68 or so on Amazon you can get APTX low latency headphones that are probably as good or better than those supplied with the 800.

Posted by: Popsgoatee
Date: March 01, 2018 11:27PM
Do you mind a non techy person question, wouldn't you still need a wireless module with the headphones like the 800 set has? Just trying to educate myself, Thanks! :o)=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 11:34PM by Popsgoatee.

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: March 01, 2018 11:57PM
Popsgoatee
Do you mind a non techy person question, wouldn't you still need a wireless module with the headphones like the 800 set has? Just trying to educate myself, Thanks! :o)=

No, you don’t need the module to use aftermarket Bluetooth headphones with the 600. They connect to the detector directly. Just make sure you get aptx low latency capable headphones.

Current detectors: White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: Minelab CTX 3030, Equinox 800, White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, + many others
Detecting since 1980

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 11:57PM by Wayfarer.

Posted by: Always Curious
Date: March 02, 2018 12:33AM
I purchased the Avantree Audition Pro APTX low latency headphones. $69 on Amazon. No problem pairing them with my EQ 600, and so far they seem to work well. I suspect they are better than the ones supplied with the EQ 800.

Date: March 02, 2018 06:24AM
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

:o)=

Date: March 02, 2018 06:25AM
Thanks! :o)=

Posted by: pasttom
Date: March 07, 2018 12:47PM
Just an FYI update to earlier comments, at the last second I chickened out and went 800. Fluke in distribution meant I could have 800 now or wait for 600 (go figure!). I have been vacillating like crazy over this and really felt the 800 offered things I would regret not having later and seeing some videos pushed me over that edge as well. So what if I saved enough to cover another coil. I can always sell off a few of my old obsolete detectors for about a coil each now that the market has gone in the toilet. Worst case I can always sell a handful of gold rings!

So Big Larry, its head to head, mano a mano, competition! That carbon fiber Plugger shaft won't save you! :twodetecting:

Pastor Tom
An E 800 and several obsolete units
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Posted by: biglry
Date: March 07, 2018 01:20PM
pasttom
Just an FYI update to earlier comments, at the last second I chickened out and went 800. Fluke in distribution meant I could have 800 now or wait for 600 (go figure!). I have been vacillating like crazy over this and really felt the 800 offered things I would regret not having later and seeing some videos pushed me over that edge as well. So what if I saved enough to cover another coil. I can always sell off a few of my old obsolete detectors for about a coil each now that the market has gone in the toilet. Worst case I can always sell a handful of gold rings!

So Big Larry, its head to head, mano a mano, competition! That carbon fiber Plugger shaft won't save you! :twodetecting:
Haha bring it on you old dirt digger:starwars:
I'll be on the beach at noon for the show down...ah ...er...or as soon as my carbon fiber shaft shows up today(come on postman).
If ya need help turning the nox on give me a call I got that part down.:poke:

Metal Detecting is my drug of choice.
I get high with an Equinox 800, Equinox 600, two Excalibur ll with 10" slim-line coils, Excalibur 1000 with 10" BBS, Mr. Gold's phones, Plugger carbon fiber shafts, Sov GT with Patrick meter mod & S12 coil. Last, but not least a Tesoro Cibola with a 11x8 Delta DD coil.

Integrity is what we do when we think no one is looking.

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: March 09, 2018 06:48PM
Best of Luck to all the new 600 and 800 Equinox owners. Here's wishing you many finds with your new toys. Keep the posts coming on your likes and dislikes on the Equinox. It is much appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login