Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
800 headphone jack
Posted by: cintitomcat
Date: March 03, 2018 07:11PM
Wanted to try my own headphones, purchased a 3.5mm jack adapter at Best buy but detector won't recognize plug. The jack clearly seats all the way down. My regular earbuds work fine. Anybody found something to work or are we forced to wait for minelab acc. Thanks

Re: 800 headphone jack
Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: March 03, 2018 07:25PM
It would be nice to get the pinouts like when did on the CTX so we could build our own again.

XP DEUS
NOX 800

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: March 03, 2018 09:36PM
Can you buy the headphone adapter cable ....part # 3011-0369 anywhere?...the 1/8” to 1/4”

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: March 04, 2018 07:00AM
When they are available and delivered to the dealers I pray that they are supplied more than one at a time to the dealers.

Pinout and availability of part could help many of us. I saw a right angle connector, but hit had several pins, might get one and see if I can modify it.
I will need to do something to go beyond the 3 foot water mark. aggravating that a simple adapter cable could not be available at the same time the detectors are being sent out. Same goes for the waterproof headphones and coils.

Posted by: toddbbq
Date: March 04, 2018 07:14AM
cintitomcat
Wanted to try my own headphones, purchased a 3.5mm jack adapter at Best buy but detector won't recognize plug. The jack clearly seats all the way down. My regular earbuds work fine. Anybody found something to work or are we forced to wait for minelab acc. Thanks
Cannot be an 1/8 stereo plug it has to be 1/8 mono plug

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: March 04, 2018 07:47AM
This is MLs for the CTX........ someone said they believed the EQ uses the same.

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/CTX-3030-Audio-Options-KBA_21-2.pdf

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Re: 800 headphone jack Stereo or Mono
Date: March 04, 2018 11:38AM
By the pictures of the waterproof headphones and adapter cable, both yet to be made available, have STEREO plugs.
Wiring is another story, not having parts I can not test.

Posted by: txop
Date: March 05, 2018 08:50PM
cintitomcat

Did you get a stereo adapter? That's what you need.

Posted by: robinb
Date: March 06, 2018 09:38AM
I would thought it would be standard wiring as it takes normal headphones.

Ie tip and second ring for channels and main lower body ground.

Date: March 06, 2018 09:47AM
That should work. The CTX3030 have two ways to wire the headphones in, i.e. mono and stereo. But remember the Equinox must be wired to sense their presence and turn OFF the speaker.

Posted by: cintitomcat
Date: March 06, 2018 09:53AM
Im sure it was stereo, had to buy the 3.5mm cable extension the a combo pack with a 3.5 to 1/4 adater

Date: March 06, 2018 09:55AM
most of these type of sockets have a mechanical switch to cut off the speaker as the plug is inserted into the hole.

Date: March 06, 2018 02:36PM
Not so with the CTX-3030 and other brands. Not positive about the Equinox. With it being wireless I am thinking it will be the same.

See this also shows headphone wiring for the CTX , nothing official for the Equinox yet that I have seen:

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/CTX-3030-Audio-Options-KBA_21-2.pdf

Date: March 06, 2018 02:45PM
The 3030 uses a weird setup.

Hopefully the eq is a much simpler arrangement.

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: March 06, 2018 03:31PM
I got my 800 yesterday and played around with it a bit and tried different adapters with no luck, but still had my set up I used on the CTX for my headphones, but had to use the 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter which had the 90 Degree plug on it and it worked good.
I built this adapter for my CTX following the diagram that Minelab posted with the correct pattern of wires. One thing being I am hard of hearing I didnt notice if there was sound from the Nox with the plug for the headphones was plugged in.

Rick

Sovereign GT since 1996
the Minelab Equinox 800 since March 2018
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login